SEOW Attack on Midway

Started by _AH_Twenty, March 02, 2010, 03:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Shrtaprch

_AH_Twenty

_AH_DarkWolf

Seems this last mission axis lost 4 a/c immediately at mission start. What happened there?

We noticed last mission that alot of the AI jap planes were knocking a gear off on takeoff. You can see at the end we lost 3 B5Ns. They were in the same flight of 3, all lost a gear on takeoff and crashed on landing. Dunno if thats something we can do anything about.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Twenty, the mission is loaded and ready to merge.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Olds

ATTENTION ALL C FLIGHT! SEOW mission #3 is tonight at 9:00 PM EDT. Try to be there if you can. Cya there!

_AH_Olds
C Flight Lead
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_DarkWolf

Old's previous post is in fact a belated April Fools joke and all C Flight members who show will be immediately awarded a gomer for their gullibility. So spend some time with the family, go talk a walk, no need to log on to IL-2 tonight.....

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Well, I guess we'll have a lot of gomers  :lol .Cya there, DW!

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Mission 3 has been downloaded and sent to to Jack to host.

Twenty

_AH_DarkWolf

Are we running in Stock 4.09 again?

I just noticed, the japs cannot fly the B5N in stock 4.09. It was a previously AI only a/c.

DW

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Same happened to some of the Allied planes... they're AI only in 409 stock.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow, 33.7% hit rate. What's the highest anyone ever got?

_AH_DarkWolf

That's one stat the SEOW thingy seems kinda flaky on recording. There are several guys with air kills but a "- (0/0)" hit rate.

I see Jack's a/c is credited as landed, cool beans. He touched down and bounced once, touched down again about 3/4s of the way down the deck and caught a wire. But thinking he was gonna have to go around again he throttled up and started raising his gear after the the second bounce. So in the end he landed with 1 gear half retracted. Oddly enough they did'nt break off, but the a/c slowly sank onto it's belly as the gear came up and bent the prop.  :happy-026:

DW

DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on April 15, 2010, 04:37:45 PM
Wow, 33.7% hit rate. What's the highest anyone ever got?

Had a 42% once   :cool:

_AH_Col._Hogan