_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Don't think I can make it to the races tonight...working on my truck, and it's not going well  :unhappy-059:  Cya all afterwhile.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Autorotate

i'll be there but wont be racing.
i only get 3 days a week to fly with you guys because of work, i wish racing wasn't one of them.
i always have the slowest aircraft for some reason anyway.

_AH_Deviant

Quote from: _AH_Olds on April 17, 2010, 01:38:36 PM
Dev, if I came in 2nd in the 3rd race, why am I listed as DNF? I'm not complaining, just wondering.  :thinking-008:

Typo, my bad.  :surprised-041: I wrote down a list of who raced a heat, and took out the finishers. Unfortunately, I missed a few. (tongue)

_AH_Deviant

Due to overwhelming demand, racing will again start at 8PM starting this 24th of April. On a side note, this week's racing was fantastic, and perhaps among the most intense ever flown. Kudos to Foxbat for accurately counting laps, in which the 5, 10 and 20 lap heats were well flown by all.

Statistics for the races and a judgement for heat 2 will be determined sometime this week. Also, I've been asked this a lot. The tracks will be linked into this thread, generally with the stats of the prior race. (6)

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Racers. This not a complaint just wondering if it can be fixed. When one plane colides with another while in flight and one plane crashes and is out of that race why does the other plane not crash also? The damage to the other plane should make it un-flyable and out of the race as well. I think( but am not sure) but at the top of the screen when this happens it will read,'_AH_****downs_AH_**** or something like that. Therefore _AH_***(the downe should also be out of that race)my thoughts only.
   TD   aka  Fiddelbaum
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Deviant

It's unfortunately a part of racing, and really it's a combination of luck, speed, position, and heading on whether or not either plane crashes because of that. For example, I got bumped by Gonzo on the big downward turn, and it threw me into the ground because I was taking the turn very aggressively. However, there are bumps that can take both pilots out, and there are bumps that don't take out either pilot.

I will say this though; please watch for other pilots, and call out if you're overtaking someone. The person passing needs to watch where the other plane is, because most pilots are too busy trying to fly the line.

On a side, it's really too bad you didn't race the rest. It was a lot of fun.

_AH_Deviant

As stated prior, next race will be hosted at 8PM. Also, this has to be, by far, my most favorite race, bar none. It was intense, it was fun, and it was challenging. Yet, there were comparatively less DNF's than other hard tracks.

Heat 3 stats will be updated in this post soon, as will next week's track.

---------------------------------------------------
Race # 3: Up & Over (I-16)

Heat 1 (5 Laps):
1st: Archie - 15
2nd: Ring - 12
3rd: Gonzo - 9
4th: Deviant - 6

DNF:
Jetdoc
Taildrg
Autorotate

Infractions:
None

Heat 2 (10 Laps):
Note: After careful review, it was determined that in fact ten laps were completed, and that two racers DID finish this race. Congratulations to Gonzo and Ring! And, seems I was right after all about 25% for 10 laps. And here I was thinking I was going to earn a Gomer. (tongue)
1st: Gonzo - 15

DNF:
Archie
Deviant
Viper

Infractions:
None

Heat 3 (19 laps):
Note: Should have been 20, but 19 was counted as twenty. (kooky)
1st: Gonzo - 15
3rd: Deviant - 9
4th: Archie - 6

DNF:
Jetdoc
Olds
Viper

Infractions:
None

Standings After Heats:
Gonzo - 39
Ring - 36
Archie - 21
Deviant - 15
Autorotate - 0
Jetdoc - 0
Olds - 0
Taildrg - 0
Viper - 0

Standings For Season:
Archie - 87
Gonzo - 87
BB - 42
Olds - 37
Ring - 36
Deviant - 24
50* - 15
Boosher - 3
z5o - 3
Autorotate - 0
Jester - 0
Jetdoc - 0
Taildrg - 0
Viper - 0
Zipzag - 0

* - Not an AH member

Next Race: Race 4 - Reno *NEW!* - Kudos to Hells Angel 50
Next Plane: P-51D-20NA
Race Start Time: Saturday, April 24th @ 8:00PM EST /  7:00 CT / 6:00 MT / 5:00 PST
*** Download Racetrack Here ***

_AH_Deviant

Updated, with the practice track uploaded.  (6)

_AH_Archie

Dev did you upload the same file twice?  I show no Mis. file

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_taldrg

~S~  It will not work for me.

_AH_Deviant

Guess that's why I'm called flowerpot. (kooky) I had two properties files instead of the mis and properties files. Fixed now, click the download link again.

_AH_Deviant

You're right Archie. You got fourth place on heat 3! Sorry about that. (kooky)

_AH_BBQhead

S~. I don't see a brief in the 'fixed' version.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ What the--------. I took out the 'up and over' and put in the P-51 DL in the same folder and when I go to use it the 'up and over' is still there and the only one that is in the racing folder is the new P-51 course.  What the ??????