Help me Test, Please

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 20, 2010, 07:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Remember the Client 1MB and 4MB executables that didn't work all the time?  Well here's some more that I am testing.  Please help me.

There is a variety of them in .exe

Newclientexes.exe2.20.10

Simply download then double click the "NewclientExes.exe" and point it at your Main IL-2 folder.  It will install them into your "jsgmemods" folder. ***They will be at the bottom of the jsgmemods list*** Enable/Disable as you would any other MOD.  Please let me know what you use and how much improvement you see.

Specifically, try the 512MB and 256 MB .exes, with or with out 6DOF is of no matter.  Use what you would like.

What do these do?
In short: they reduce/remove stutters and IMPROVE FrameRates. Results can be dramatic in clouds, Flak, and, objects.
The long: It improves and speeds the discussion between the .exe and the JVM (Java Virtual Machine).

Enjoy, and thanks for helping,

S~
Duff

(send emails to: duff4r@cableone.net )

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Zipzag

I tried the 1 gb , then my game didnt start ..., maybe its not meant for ddr3 systems

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Zipzag on February 20, 2010, 09:03:05 PM
I tried the 1 gb , then my game didnt start ..., maybe its not meant for ddr3 systems

Ummmm, Zipzag, These are NEW because the others didn't work.  I had the same trouble with the others that YOU did as did 1000 other users.

Try if you like, don't if you don't.

No deal,
Duff

_AH_Viper

I'll give it a try Duff4r.  he he I won't be like Zip and his Brigade buddies with them limp wrist and scared.

_AH_Duff4r

Thanks guys,

This does not modify any FM, WM, EM, or PMS.

Here's where the problem was with the 1GB and the 4GB:

The -Xms switch was missing. The -Xms switch was added which now sets an equal size for the minimum memory heap also. So until now we had: -Xmx512M which means maximum memory heap up to 512 MB.
This was added:
-Xms 512M -Xmx512  This made maximum & minimum memory heaps the same and resolved the time to the JVM since it doesn't require a calculation each time of how the "minimum" memory will be used.

easy fix... heh?

Duff

That's why I say just give 'em a try  :happy-112:

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas,

An results yet?  Please post or send to me.

Duff

_AH_z5o

<--(mutters to hiself )"Xms, WM, FM, 512, WMDs, XYZ, PDQ, XM Radio." and then truns and runs from the room screaming "For the love of god ENGLISH!!!"  :surprised-027:
JK, I did get a chance to test out the 256 and the 512 offline. It seemed to work ok. Didnt really see much of anything though, but, that might had been the point.
Need to test it out online now under normal game play and see what it does with that.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.