BoB Map Fault

Started by _AH_Gonzo, December 04, 2008, 03:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

S! all, here's view of what the BoB map airfields look like at my end.

Anyone know a fix for this?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

Foxbat

Yeppers. Thats the way I saw it too. I need to run a mission on that map to see if its there as well.

_AH_Duff4r

Gulp!

That's what I saw too?  What's wrong?  Why are we seeing this?

S~
Duff

_AH_Moggy

My guess is that updated video drivers might've caused this.  If any of the "victims" of this glitch have updated their drivers since last playing the BOB map without these glitches, I'd take a look at that first.

Bear in mind that, generally speaking, new video drivers are published to address identified bugs with newer games.  Rarely, if ever, solely for older (i.e., IL-2) games.

Thus, updating your video driver may not necessarily be the best idea speaking strictly from an IL-2 standpoint.  I've tried several updates for my nVidia 8800 GTX, and ended up reverting to the stock drivers that came with the disc in the box with the cards, since they have worked best.  No problems since.  Just a thought...

_AH_Duff4r

Hmmm.............

I was good to go last night.  I had tried some Cuda drivers (180.60) with a modified .ini  I HIGHLY doubt anyone else could be using them because they're VERY BETA.  I changed them out yesterday before we flew.  All was good last night.

NOW, if someone would KINDLY light some fires for night ops so us In-Cockpitters could frickin' see!!!

OBTW, I am currently running the NVIDIA 180.70 XP 32

Moggy, as a "beta tester" I would say you are correct but to about 20%.  Beta drivers are also out there to test better performance, better IQ (image quality), stability/compatibility with operating systems, better use of shaders (like water 4), pipes, and more.  Sometimes we are asked to test a specific driver for a specific parameter.  Many times that driver never shows up.  Testing is not for the "faint" of heart as I have had my rig blue screen, black screen, artifact, crash after an hours play, slow boot, slow shutdown, and not shutdown.
Oddly people see so much difference on the rigs with drivers.  One would think that all XP machines would run the same as would Vista machines, not so!  How to pick a driver.  Since I am a player tester not a benchie, I look for three main things, Speed, IQ, and smoothness.  I am also looking for "glitches, bugs, and oddities".  It's fun, I don't do as much as I used to but I see most betas.
Since you have a recent board your probably "good to go" Moggy.  The 160-series drivers had a broken AA (Anti Aliasing).  The 170 series were pretty much Mundane with exception of the 178.13 which were KICK Butt.  I had started a thread in the H&S forum called "What's Duff Using but I think it got buried.  I should have had it locked out.

Nuff from Duff S~

Gonzo what drivers do you have in?

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

The drivers that Duf has listed are nice ...can get them here http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/sat-nov-22-2008-835-pm-vp622111.html  .... been running them for a bit ... no probs at this end ... but every machine is dif as stated

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Gonzo

I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT with the 6.14.11.7519 drivers.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Duff4r

Gonzo,

We have the same card.  Try those...

Duff