New install of 4.09 list.... am I missing anything?

Started by _AH_Moby, December 11, 2008, 09:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moby

~S~ Gents!

I am reformatting very soon.  With regards to the game.... a fresh install should go like.......

Install IL2 1946 (4.08m patch and no CD crack)
Unified installer
Slot map update 2.3
Latest Spit Mk I update (???)
Hyperlobby of course....

Anything else????

I have already saved my skins and maps, just looking for advice on anything I have missed or will need.....

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  don't want to forget the BOB map...

here are links and instructions...
http://www.aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=718.0

also a good idea to grab your Users folder.. for stick settings...
and the conf.ini file  for other customizations you've become accustomed to.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

Also, remember Ventrilo.  Make sure you have install files for your device drivers...tough to download one if you don't haveyour ethernet controller installed.

_AH_DarkWolf

Remember to back up all the stuff you want to save from your game. Skins, controls files, cfg files etc etc.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moby

~S~!

Awesome guys, thanks!  I knew I was missing something, it was the config file(s) issue and the Bob map....

I will be returning to the original conf.ini anyway when the new vid card comes, so fps next to the cities and the water won't be an issue then.  And yes Jack, vent can be a b*tch when you forgot what your settings were and you do a reinstall for comms, been there, done that....  ;0 (and hope not to do it again, too!)

Thanks again!  Going to have a stretch of 6-7 days off next week, which is when I'm going to reformat, gonna be a loooooong day when it happens, lol!

And thank you for being nice to me DW, it means a bunch during this holiday season to know that you truly care for me and my computer issues by offering you expertise on the matter I posted.  It just might be true you know, you just may have some twinkling inkling sense of compassion, and do I dare say it...???  A Heart????

Mobes.

_AH_BigChief

Don't forget to back up everything else needed that wasn't mentioned before. Dont know what that could be, but you might want to back it up anyways....lol!  Just a thought

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moby

_AH_Tbull

Don't feel alone Moby. When Will loaded the Mac with windows he did a slam. Wrong I wanted a fresh install. Yes I get to reformat when he comes home for Christmas. It stinks but in the long run it's worth it. :)