Task Force 58 Scoring

Started by _AH_Jack, June 15, 2013, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Jack

The Task Force 58 campaign is scheduled to begin this Tuesday, June 18th at 21:00 Eastern.  Unfortunately, I will be unavailable the following Tuesday.  However, if pilots are up for it, we can fly the first two mission on opening night.

As the Japanese air forces by 1945 were a mere shadow of what they were at the start of the war, with mostly inexperienced pilots based in the home islands, aircraft kills will not be considered in the scoring of the campaign.

Many pilots who had to ditch in the waters off the Japanese home islands were rescued by destroyers or submarines, and for this campaign, pilots ditching in the water will be rescued by friendly naval forces.

Pilots' scores will be based on ground kills, shipping destroyed, and returning alive to the fleet.

Successful traps will count as ten points.

Crash landing on deck with a damaged aircraft (i.e. missing landing gear, missing rudder, elevators or ailerons) will count as ten points.  Damage not visible to other pilots will still count as damage.  We'll just have to use the honor system when reporting damage.

Crash landing a perfectly good aircraft on deck, yet surviving, will count as five points.

Killing yourself on landing will get you zero points.

A pilot who is safely parked on deck, and then killed by another pilot's mishap will not lose points.

A pilot who safely ditches or bails out over water will gain three points.

A pilot who is KIA or captured on Japanese soil will receive zero points and ground kills for that mission will not count.

At the end of each mission, all pilots are asked to remain in the game and on comms for debriefing.  Pilots leaving early may not receive credit due, if the information is not reported and recorded.

This thread will be used to report scoring as the campaign progresses.

Hopefully, I've covered most points.  Please use this thread to post additional comments or questions.

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_gatlingun

~S~

I agree with one exception. I know this is the way we have been doing it but I don't understand why a pilot's kills are taken away because he is KIA,does this mean his life was in vain,are whatever he has destroyed not still destroyed? Many military personel have been awarded medals after they were KIA. Don't missunderstand,every pilot should have a desire to RTB alive and well and I understand that losing points gives us an incentive to get out alive.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Duff4r

I am going to try to get in on this campaign! That said, I have Grandson's Baseball. Tuesday nights have been Grandkiddies sports nights. I think there is only 2 games left and I will have survived 8 & 9 year old basketball, indoor football and baseball

Hope to see you!
Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

You forgot the part about the first guy to fold his wings in flight gets an immediate Gomer. Unless that pilot is Jack, in which case we just kick him out of the squad.

The no score on death just increases the incentive for survival as you said, Gat. We don't always score it that way, but sometimes we do. Makes the decision to make just one more strafing run all the more difficult.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

We didn't count kills for a KIA pilot in the Battle of Britain campaign or in the Checkertail campaign.  The reason was that if a pilot was KIA, his gun camera footage was lost, and kills could not be verified.  We did this also to add emphasis on getting a damaged aircraft back, and to reinforce the importance of wingman tactics.

We're not counting air kills in this campaign, other than keeping a running total for the entire campaign.  This is intended to put additional emphasis on destruction of the enemy's infrastructure and his ability to wage war; targeting his weapons, factories, shipping, and transportation.  Enemy pilot kills will, for the most part, be quick and easy, due to their overall inexperience.

As a side benefit, we're hoping that the lack of emphasis on air kills will lessen the instances of pilots going off alone to hunt.

_AH_Jack

Campaign scoring after 1 mission:

GK= Ground Kills
LP = Landing points
s = Sorties flown (running total for the campaign)

Total aircraft kills for the campaign will show at the bottom of the list.

GK   LP    S

_AH_AD2               2   10   1
_AH_Archie         2   10   1
_AH_August       0   0   1
_AH_Autorotate    0   10   1
_AH_Bear               0   10   1
_AH_BBQHead       1   10   1
_AH_Corona       0   0   0
_AH_DarkWolf        0   10   1
_AH_Deacon       0   3   1
_AH_Duff4 r       0   0   0
_AH_Gatlingun     0   0   1
_AH_Gator       0   3   1
_AH_Hogan      0   10   1
_AH_Jack              0   10   1
_AH_Jester      0   0   0
_AH_JimDandy      0   0   1
_AH_Lippy      0   0   1
_AH_Mustang      0   3   1
_AH_Nimble      0   0   1
_AH_Olds              0   0   1
_AH_Prop              0   0   0
_AH_Shrtaprch      0   3   1
_AH_Skattrash      0   0   0
_AH_Taldrg      0   10   1
_AH_Tbull              0   0   0
_AH_Turbo      1   3   1
_AH_Twenty      0   3   1
_AH_Viper      0   0   0
_AH_z50              0   0   0
Guests              0   10   2

Total Air Kills      25      

Total Sorties      23      

_AH_DarkWolf

Well, we took alot of losses in Mission #2. Seems most if not all the guys who went down got hit by flak, hard to do much about that when we're tangling with the fighters at the same time.

But really good job on the launch, form up and the flight in. Everybody got airborne no problem and the flights formed up quick. The flight leads did a good job of looking around and making sure the flights stayed in proximity to eachother. I really liked what I saw there, keep it up guys.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Jack

Campaign scoring after 2 missions:

GK= Ground Kills
LP = Landing points
s = Sorties flown (running total for the campaign)

GK    LP   S

_AH_AD2              2   10   1
_AH_Archie      11   20   2
_AH_August      0   0   2
_AH_Autorotate    0   10   1
_AH_Bear               0   10   2
_AH_BBQHead      3   20   2
_AH_Corona      0   0   0
_AH_DarkWolf      5   20   2
_AH_Deacon       0   3   1
_AH_Duff4r       0   0   0
_AH_Gatlingun      0   10   2
_AH_Gator      0   3   1
_AH_Hogan       0   20   2
_AH_Jack               0   10   2
_AH_Jester      0   0   0
_AH_JimDandy    0   3   2
_AH_Lippy       0   0   2
_AH_Mustang       0   0   2
_AH_Nimble      0   3   2
_AH_Olds              0   0   1
_AH_Prop               0   0   0
_AH_Shrtaprch       0   0   1
_AH_Skattrash       0   3   1
_AH_Taldrg      0   10   2
_AH_Tbull              0   0   0
_AH_Turbo      4   13   2
_AH_Twenty      0   3   2
_AH_Viper      0   3   0
_AH_z50              0   0   0
Guests              0   0   3

Total Air Kills      26      

Total Sorties      40      

_AH_gatlingun

~S   Jack

I believe there is an error in scoring for T_Bull,Viper and Guest.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_DarkWolf

Hey, it takes real skill to score landing points without flying any sorties!

DW

_AH_Turbo

Thanks Jack. ( You are the Man)
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Jack

Thanks for looking at the scores.  Maybe I should too.  Corrections have been made.  There have actually been three sorties flown by non-AH members; 2 in the first, and 1 in the last mission.

_AH_gatlingun

~S~
Viper has flown one mission I believe.
_AH_Gatlingun

_AH_Jack

Campaign scoring after 3 missions:

GK= Ground Kills
LP = Landing points
S = Sorties flown (running total for the campaign)
S&M = Survived Missions (running total for the campaign)

GK   LP   S   S&M

_AH_AD2               2   10   2   1
_AH_Archie      11   20   3   2
_AH_August      0   0   3   0
_AH_Autorotate   6   20   2   2
_AH_Bear              0   10   2   0
_AH_BBQHead      3   23   3   3
_AH_Corona      0   0   0   0
_AH_DarkWolf      11   30   3   3
_AH_Deacon      0   3   1   1
_AH_Duff4r      0   0   0   0
_AH_Gatlingun      0   10   3   1