External Views Mod

Started by _AH_Moggy, August 19, 2009, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:
Well, it appears as if Fireball has finally got the "External Views" mod to where we want it.  He's got an updated version of the "BombBay Doors" mod that has a much more flexible external views set.

For example, we can now disable the dreaded "Next Enemy View" while keeping virtually all of the common view sets that most of us use (e.g., own plane external, flyby view, next friendly, external padlock friendly air/ground, external padlock enemy air/ground, etc.).  We can now also limit the regular padlock settings, but still allow padlocking friendly air/ground, & enemy air/ground.

I tested it out briefly and it seems to work.  The install is easy;  just drop the folder in your MODS folder while disabling any previous "bombbay doors" mods.

One caveat:  It will require the host/mission builder to add a line or two to the mission file, to coincide with whatever settings we eventually agree upon as a squad (ahem, assuming that we *can* ever agree to one).

We can even now disable all externals except when dead or on the ground -- so we can now fly "last alives" that will be much more fun.

Anyway, this appears to me to be what we've been looking for for so long.  Here's the link.  I'd suggest that we discuss this in Sunday's meeting:

http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10234

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

Got it...thanks, Moggs.  I'll test it out a bit before the meeting.

_AH_Johnny

Thanks Moggy... been testin it a bit...
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Slikk

Here's a lil somthin I whiped up for the External Views Mod. If you have the "BombBayDoors_Plus_v2.5" mod, this file will eliminate the need to manually add "limited external views" text into your missions.

To Install:

Copy the folder "Activation Mission" to...

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\Coop

Host Operation:

This mission will eliminate the need to manually add "limited external views" text into your mission. In order for this to work corectly you must have the BombBayDoors_Plus_2_5 mod installed.

1: To activate, turn on "No External Views" in the difficulty settings.

2: Load the activation mission and when all players are ready up, hit fly.

3: Once everyone is on the runway, all players must hit "F2" to view their plane externally.

4: Hit "Esc" to exit out of the mission. The next mission that you select will now have limited external views.

5: To deactivate, turn off "No External Views" in the difficulty settings.

Player Operation:

The goal of this mission is to activate limited external views.

Operation:

1: You must have the "BombBayDoors_Plus_2_5" mod installed.

2: Pick a plane and ready up. The loadouts are locked, and you will start the mission with zero fuel.

3: Once the host has launched the game and you are on the runway, hit "F2" to view your plane externally. Once this is done, limited external views will be activated.

NOTE: If you do not view your plane externally, you will be locked in the cockpit for the duration of any following missions.

That's it. Enjoy!

"Activation File" Download Link:
http://www.filefront.com/14590945/Activation_Mission_Download.zip

"BombBayDoors_Plus_v2.5" Download Link:
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10234&highlight=bombbaydoors

Slikk

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Thanks, Slikk.. if this works like we want it too... woo hoo!.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Zipzag

gotta practice this one Slik , ~S~

_AH_Duff4r

WOW!!  Nice and easy and way slick! Slikk :-}

Duff

DealnDave

S~ All,

For those mission builders intrested in the "freindly views and padlock" use the following .txt file , cut and paste in your .mis file for your mission.

[Mods]
  ExternalViewLevel  1
  PadlockLevel  2
  ExternalPadlockLevel  2

You must also disable the following either in Hyper Lobby or your Mission settings:

- External views off
- Padlock off

Also if you update your mission in the mission builder, you'll have to "readd" the text above as the text will disappear when the mission is updated in the full mission builder.

_AH_Johnny

Thax Dave ...was lookin for that

S!
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?