Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

This is a cool one from burma, based on some No.258 squadron a/c.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Here are some SBD-3s I've been tinkering with for awhile. The first is in early war markings.

The second is based on some a/c at the Battle of Midway.

The last is based on a/c from the Ranger during Operation Torch.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

This is a P-51 from the 31st FG in the MTO.

This is a cool picture with a mustang from each P-51 group in the 15th AF.

Three DarkWolfs in one place, this is SO much like SKAT's dreams it's not funny....

DW

_AH__SKATtrash

If three DW's in one place was a dream, then it would be a nightmare.  Oh wait they already made a movie likie that..something to do with Elm street and a guy named Kruger.(Names were probably changed to protect other Canadians)

_AH_DarkWolf

Me thinks thou doth protest too much SKAT.

Here's another 51 in later war 4th FG markings with the red nose enlarged and curving back.

And a later war 361st FG 51.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

I would love to have a "Hoganized"  308th Fighter Squadron, 31st Fighter Group, Twelfth Air Force P-51.

http://www.acepilots.com/usaaf_goebel.html

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's another 8th AF bird, this one from the 79th FS of the 20th FG. Kinda strange "piano key" group marking. The 20th previously used P-38s and retained bomber style tail markings from their 38s on their 51s.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

After looking at all the late war 8th AF P-51D group markings and how many I'd done, I thought it would be cool to do them all. Some of em are kinda plain and not much to em, some of em are gaudy as hell but alot of em are pretty cool lookin. There were always some variations amongst the squadrons within a group like the shapes on the tail and the color of rudders and other bits. I've also been getting into putting accurate squadron codes on planes instead of DW.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Gonzo

Wicked DW!! At first glance I thought you'd found pics of Pony's operated during WWII and were planning to make one of each... Then I had a close look. Wow dude!!!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Here's a couple more pacific jugs based on aircraft of the 348th and 35th FGs in the Philippines in late 44, early 45.

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

And a bare metal P-38 based on one from the 475th FG in New Guinea.

DW