Bomb Bay Doors and More We need this!

Started by _AH_Duff4r, December 08, 2008, 01:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Yes, as near as I can tell it works in any format.  That said we need to try this.

The mod is easy to install and uninstall.  Unzip it to your mods folder.  Remember with this....you can control ALL the bomb bay doors, not just a select few.  I would think that most people would enjoy this.

The views are a bonus.  Don't like the BB doors?  Delete or put a ( - ) in front of the folder.

F3 and F4 views?  I not sure what these are...never use such stuff.  I use F2 when dead or once in a while to see the damage to my ride!  Gonna go see what they do.

Flyby F3

Padlock enemy F4 ==>  BBQ that will still work?  It's not a view its an action

Duff

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

Duff4r.. it's the external padlock that i use.. when external views are off, it doesn't work... on accounta it's an external view... hence my question about it working with this mod..  i don't know what the default button is for it cuz i changed it ages ago to a button on my stick.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Foxbat

S! Rainy day here so I installed and tested the mod. It does indeed work as advertised. And yes it does take away all of the padlock views such as external ground padlock both enemy and friendly etc.
I'll bet that whoever wrote this could easily add the other views so you could fully control them all.
Might be worth asking for over at AAA. Until then I don't think it will work for us the way we thought.
The bomb door part does work though. As long as the host does not turn off external views this mod doesn't effect anything but the doors and something with the hud readings.

_AH_taldrg

~S~  If it ain't broke....why mess with it? I press keypad #1 and my doors open. What else do you want 'um to do.....flap?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

BBQ - Again, I didn't know there was sucha thing as External padlock.  Never used that either....

Fox - Cool, glad you tested this and yes, I'll bet that can be done.  I'll ask for the hell of it :-}

TD - This Mod simply adds working Bomb Bay doors to if not all, nearly all planes that have them.  It's an update to what you already have.

In truth I'm not much into the bomber thing so "no biggie" here.

Guess we put this on the "back burner" until the next version comes along!
S~
Duff

_AH_Duff4r

...Got your PM. I'll put this on the list for the next release. I won't be able to get it in the initial 2.0 release, because I've already had to submit that to get included in the next Unified Installer release. When I get it working, I'll contact you and let you and your guys test it first. It may be a month or two before I get back to this mod. Gotta work on a couple other projects in the meantime.  :lol-029:

Foxbat

S!
  I have been trying to use the speedbar part of this mod which should show the 3 extra speeds in TAS.
I have added the [Mods] line with the SpeedbarTas=1 in the confi.ini.
What happens now is I get the same three I had when I switch but I have to hit the button 3 times on the last one it shows . So I have to hit the key 7 times to get back to the 1st. It never shows the TAS speeds just KMH , KIAS and MPH. It hangs 3 extra times on the KMH one. Its like its trying to show the 3 TAS speeds but can't for some reason. Any ideas?

Foxbat

S! OOPs! I forgot you need the previous hud mod installed for this to work. Got it fixed.