AI_MOD Download All Versions

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 01, 2009, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Don't switch!!

I think it's a GOOD thing that both versions are being hosted.  Eventually, maybe a choice will be obvious, maybe not!  What's wrong with running different versions?  I think it's a good thing.  For me, I prefer realistic.  They shouldn't be predictable, wimps, or supermen.

My goal here was just to relay that Certificate's last effort, v .17 is only that because he has no time to work on it for a while.

If you read the 10,000 posts to the thread v .14 is also highly thought of.  Personally, I think the AI_MOD is the very best MOD to be done to the game for game-play's sake.  Repaints and Sounds are eye and ear candy!

I'm sure I don't say it enough...Thanks for hosting guys  :cool:

Duff

_AH_BBQhead

S~. i like the variety of the different versions, too.  i don't suspect having different versions of the AI mod installed on different machines is the source of any problems. if you're not hosting the mission, your AI mod file isn't used.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moby

~S~!

Tx Boss....gonna pick one soon and give'er a try!!!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Zipzag

I recommend 1.7 , it get's 14 mpg city and 18 hiway

_AH_Gonzo

QuoteRepaints and Sounds are eye and ear candy!
_AH_Duff4r

How dare you!

The buckets and mops are in the broom closet and you can start in the Head.

That'll learn ya!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

Sounds good Gonzo, but make him start on "Mexican Night" at the mess.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on March 08, 2009, 08:49:38 PM
QuoteRepaints and Sounds are eye and ear candy!
_AH_Duff4r

How dare you!

The buckets and mops are in the broom closet and you can start in the Head.

That'll learn ya!

Gonzo??  Buddy, old Pal?  I thought of all the members you would agree that good AI is the ticket?

Ahhh well,

Us navy "swabbies" been there done that before.  You ain't gettin' a virgin :-)

~S~
Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

Something I've noticed lately with the AI mod is that the AI seem more aggressive at chasing you down low. Before, anything short of an ace tended to have trouble engaging you down on the deck, now it seems they'll chase you down there more often. If you're caught on the water or land thats flat it puts you in a tough spot.

But on the flip side the AI often seems completely oblivious to the terrain now, paticularly if it's hilly. I've seen alot more AI plow into the ground than we used too. Last night I saw a zero forced to break off BBQ by a couple AI F4Fs at low level near Rendova. After breaking he flew off straight and level with the two F4Fs in line astern chasing and all 3 just plowed into a hill one after the other at the same spot. Bam, crunch, kablooie! About 5 seconds later another zeke smacked the hill farther up. The other night I got rid of a bandit that was chasing me by flying over the crest of a small ridge and down the other side real low. It was like he tried to follow me as if the intervening terrain was not there and hit it.  :thinking-008:

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Foxbat

S~
Interesting observations DW. Yep there are definite changes to the AI. Some better, others worse.
Still needs alot of work IMO. Don't know if its even possible to solve all of the AI problems
the way the code is written. What bothers me the most is the way my AI wingman act now.
If yer not damn careful they will smack right into you when you make a turn.
Already got knocked out of a couple missions that way.

_AH_DarkWolf

Version .20 has been released at AAA.

UPDATE .20:

- Removed .17 AI attack changes.
- Adjusted JABO code, hopefully results in less accidents.
- Adjusted AI attack code/wingman behavior
- "Ace" AI planes can no longer take 1.5x the damage of a Rookie/Average/Vet plane.

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13652&sid=c56a25a525ca2d87349322c1b4955b1b

DW

_AH_Duff4r

CERT_AIMod v3.0

UPDATE .3: (bugfix release) (03/27/09)

- (Hopefully?) Fixed foolish bit of code that made planes fly into the side of mountains. Big thanks to RockyAlexander and Aviar for helping me out with this one.

- The following fighters now use the Finger Four as a default formation instead of Echelon Right: P-38 P-40 P-47 P-51 F2A F4F F4U F6F SBD. Thanks to stratodog for reminding me.

**** IMPORTANT INSTALL NOTES ****

- Make sure that you don't have "Carrier Take Off" and/or "Nav Lights Off for AI" mods installed, because they are in conflict with AI_MOD. If you have one or both of those mods rename it with '-' at the front of their folder (or delete them) or else the AI can't work properly. The Nav lights are fixed in the AI_MOD anyway, and the Carrier Take Off and AI MOD will probably be merged at some point down the road. But for now, it's one of the other.

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Is this MOD(ugly word)for everyone or just some or what. The word MOD makes me break out in a cold sweat
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. this one affects the AI behavior.. only those that host, or those that want their offline AI behavior to change need to install it.

i think that means you don't need it, TD.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

DealnDave

S~ All,

Duff4r...attempted to DL the AI mod from the listed web site.  No soap...would not let me DL the file.  I am registered.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. it worked for me.. just now.. i went and tried it.  media fire.. takes a few seconds til teh save file is clickable.. you're supposed to read the Advert while you're waiting for it.