its me again

Started by cooldued, December 14, 2010, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooldued

Hi so iv been looking around and I'm seeing lots of good thins about IL-2 1947. but iv never herd about payments of any kind. so is it where you buy the game, then you have to pay 10 or 15$ a monthe to play online? or you buy the game, and play all you want for free? if i have to pay im not going to bother ,cuz my mom and dad wont pay for it.

_AH_z5o

Nope, you can pickup a copy, or should I say download it from Direct2Drive. Its about $10 US, or atleast it was last year. There isnt any charges after that. Hyperlobby game play is free. After you get that, youll most likely need to update the game to UP2.01, thats free aswell, but, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Here is the link to buy the game from them,  

http://www.direct2drive.com/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=IL2%20Sturmovik%201946

It looks like it $9.95 US, thats the copy Im running now.
Good luck
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

AcesHigh

I can't afford mods...why I never joined  :happy-112:

_AH_z5o

:thinking-008:
Fascinating
Spock - Fascinating!
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

cooldued

Quote from: _AH_z5o on December 14, 2010, 09:09:57 PM
:thinking-008:
Fascinating
Spock - Fascinating!
lol I like the ending.

cooldued

only 1 week and I get IL-2 1946! can't wait. iv played multiple online WW2 flight sims but i think this may be one of the best.

_AH_BBQhead

Doesn't the game have to be patched to 4.09 in order to install UP2.01?

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

_AH_Moby

~S~!

Not to be a "pooh" and deter a possible future squad mate..... but isn't the 663rd DL section supposed to be accessible to Aces High Squadron members only....? Not sure if Tbull would like the info to the to be accessible to the general public.... you might want to check with Tbull on that, or DL the files that cooldued needs and send them to him personally.  Hope I didn't make a biggy out of this one, but if i remember right, Tbull has graciously allowed "AH members only" access to his 663rd sight.

Regards,

Mobes.  

P.S.  Here is a link to the Squadron Add on Links post that has links and info about installing  the 4.08 and 4.09 patches, and UP2.01. 
  http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=1770.msg20032#msg20032

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Jack

~S~  I took the liberty of removing the link to Tbull's 663rd site, until such time as I speak to him & ask his permission to post it.   Not to worry; the site's been available for so long now, that some of us aren't even aware that it belongs to 'T' & isn't a public site.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Moby on December 19, 2010, 09:19:41 AM
Not to be a "pooh" and deter.....

Moby's new nickname from now on : _AH_Pooh

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moby

POOH YOU DW!!!!!!!

:happy-112:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Tbull

Greetings all, the 663rd down load is for AH members only. I would like to keep it that way, that being said the point is not to have allot of people giving it out. I am always more than willing to give a hand for one who needs it. The idea is bad habits are hard to break so keep that in mind. So don't go blabbing to "everyone". I think you guys have a good idea of who to and who not to give it to, a little "common sense" goes a long way.     

cooldued

well im just now downloading the game from D2D and ill be on in a hour or so

cooldued

why isnt my game loading its patch 4.08 right now and every time i load it it go's "loading 5%" then it stops, exits, and gos to my home screen. how do i fix it?

cooldued

ok i just go a little look and it says its an expansion pack. how it never seed "expansion pack" anywhere when I downloaded and installed it why is it a expansion pack I don't want that if i don't got the game its self! now i just have an extra icon on my main page whats with that?

_AH_Boosher

What game did you download? There are many titles in the IL-2 series, but only one current version.

IL-2 Sturmovik
IL-2 Forgotten Battles (FB)
IL-2 (FB): Ace Expansion Pack (AEP)
IL-2 Sturmovik: Pacific Fighters (PF)
IL-2 FB + AEP + PF
IL-2 FB + AEP + PF + Pe-2

The current one is IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946. This is an all-in-one package that gives you everything from the previous games and expansions. As a DVD it loads up as 4.07m, then requires the 4.08m and 4.09m patches. Ultrapack 2.01 installs on top of that game.

cooldued

well i just hade to reinstall it there was an errer erlyer during the installatin. im sorry about my rampage erlyer but i was just realy let down when it didnt load when it did i ran up the stairs yealing "woopy!!!"

cooldued

ok soooo...

1. is anyone online?

2. how do i play online?

cooldued

i instaled the 4.09 but when i load the game it still say's 4.08. anyone know why?

_AH_Lippy

Did u reboot after install, most times it only takes restarting the game, the other thing is too insure you installed it correctly or you have a bad download. Hope this helps.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Depending on from where you got the 4.09 patch, make sure you point the installation at the correct folder.  I seem to remember that some of the 4.09 patch downloads have an incorrect install path by default and unless you browse to your game folder when the installation runs and tells/asks you where you want the files to go, it will end up in the wrong place.

As for where you'll find us playing online, we connect through Hyperlobby.  Just google Hyperfighter  and you should be able to find the hyperlobby client installation Download.

After you install it, you'll need to configure it.  Select IL2 Sturmovik, point it at the il2fb.exe file ( right click on the connect box to open the search module, then save the correct path), and set up a user name and password. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

cooldued

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on December 26, 2010, 02:06:24 PM
S~

Depending on from where you got the 4.09 patch, make sure you point the installation at the correct folder.  I seem to remember that some of the 4.09 patch downloads have an incorrect install path by default and unless you browse to your game folder when the installation runs and tells/asks you where you want the files to go, it will end up in the wrong place.

As for where you'll find us playing online, we connect through Hyperlobby.  Just google Hyperfighter  and you should be able to find the hyperlobby client installation Download.

After you install it, you'll need to configure it.  Select IL2 Sturmovik, point it at the il2fb.exe file ( right click on the connect box to open the search module, then save the correct path), and set up a user name and password. 

i know you meat in hyperlobby i tryed to get in last knight but didnt have the updates

but where is the corect path for the 4.09 patch?

_AH_BBQhead

During the installation of the patch, a window opens and asks you to confirm the destination folder for the installation.. next to the box that shows the default path is the browse button... click the browse button, and browse to your game folder..

the correct path depends on where you have the game installed on your computer. 

for me it is C:\Program Files\UBISoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

Yours might be different..  If you use a shortcut on your desktop to launch the game, you can right click that shortcut, click on properties, then click the shortcut tab,  and look at the path listed next to the word "Target" .. The target for the shortcut will  have the il2fb.exe file as the last part of it, remove the IL2fb.exe from what is showing in the target box, and that is the path to your game folder. 
That path, minus the IL2fb.exe, is what you want the 4.09 patch to use when it's installing. 

cooldued

thanks myn isnt the defalt its programes(x86) thats the only diferrenc thanks _AH_BBQhead

_AH_BBQhead

You're welcome.. hope it solves it for you.

cooldued

well im working on the UP2.01 thing now hope it works

cooldued

i think after reading the forums where the 2.01 download is i found a guide thats working for me. if it dose ill see you all in the Aces_High arena! see you then :D

cooldued

:unhappy-059: i give up im not going to try again iv done it over and over again its done ill see you in other arenas like the Air_raceing or whatever. by