The Culprit

Started by _AH_Bear, October 05, 2016, 03:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

~S~ and my apologies for the collision mishaps, this was due to a FMB feature called "Factory target" which looks like a red translucent dot and there are 3 sizes small med and large to cover ground areas and when a certain percentage of the targets are destroyed huge points are awarded and I used 3 or 4 at each target area. I've used them before in high altitude drops.. i was unaware of the 3D effect and the collision factor with aircraft. This is my 1st negative encounter using this feature and it will be removed in all future missions.
This is what im sure some of you seen..

Campaign 5 has been fixed, tested and will be reflown next week.

~S~ Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thank you for finding and fixing Bear.

Tonight is a scrub, we will re-attempt #5 next Tue.

Remember your plane and position.

S!

_AH_Lippy

So Bear did this include the erroneous exploding rockets upon ignition. I was about .35 .40 at about 75 meters altitude from target when I launched my rockets as I have done alll nght with exception to my dumb a## crashing I had no issues. The second I hit the button the rockets exploded. If this helps any at all I have no Idea but there was one other experienced the same thing. I might call it a glitch but two or more might be something to consider.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Try more than 10 Lip!

I and most others esploadeded the moment we hit the release toggle

That's why we're scrubbing it.

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

Was Mission 5 the first time you used the factory targets?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on October 05, 2016, 05:59:27 PM
So Bear did this include the erroneous exploding rockets upon ignition. I was about .35 .40 at about 75 meters altitude from target when I launched my rockets as I have done alll nght with exception to my dumb a## crashing I had no issues. The second I hit the button the rockets exploded. If this helps any at all I have no Idea but there was one other experienced the same thing. I might call it a glitch but two or more might be something to consider.

Lippy, Im not sure on the hows and whys but this red disk was what i feel people were not only crashing into but as well the instant your ordinance was deployed they were activated immediately by the stupid thing.. I as well had my rockets explode right after i sent them out.

DW .. yes i believe this was the 1st time i used it but i have used it before in some of my coops for high altitude bombing as it enhances the score quite nicely when you get a good hit. After removing them, myself and a few others tryed the mission out and there were no issues..

~S~ Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah looking in the FMB, these discs seem to hover at a height above the rooftops of big factory buildings. Good that you found the cause and eliminated it.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Thanks guys makes me feel better since their were some saying they were launching their rockets just fine. With my refomat was hopping it wasnt something I did. Tanks

_AH_Col._Hogan

Survivors were firing at higher altitudes.

S!

_AH_Lippy

Figures I always try to get in the range of the convergence, this might get me to raise the distance a bit more on the convergence of my rockets.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on October 08, 2016, 01:31:44 AM
Figures I always try to get in the range of the convergence, this might get me to raise the distance a bit more on the convergence of my rockets.

That rocket timer in the convergence area isnt for that type of rockets, i think thats for cassette types .. shoot them out at a bomber and after so many seconds the blow up whatever time you set them to. The go off like flak sending shrapnel out .. i could be wrong but i think thats it..

_AH_DarkWolf

I think you are thinking of rocket delay, Bear. That makes some of those dinky little russian rockets explode after a few seconds. There is also a rocket convergence which works like gun convergence. Coming in steep and fast is good for rocket accuracy at range. I posted something I read some time ago, where is it.....yeah here it is:

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 07, 2013, 07:13:11 PM
I was reading a book about 2nd Tactical Air Force and it had a section about the tactics used with various weapons. When it talks about Typhoons using the 60lb rockets it says the approach to the target was usually at around 8000ft with the attack being made in a high speed dive of about 30 degrees.  If the target was heavily defended this might be increased to 45 or 60 degrees. It says the rockets would be fired from 1500-2000 feet.

I was trying this in game and it does seem like if you're steep and fast, you can fire the rockets from farther out and still maintain good accuracy.

DW

_AH_Bear

Ah yes.. i see the difference now ..what do you set your rocket convergence at?

_AH_DarkWolf

I use 300, I tend to get pretty close since I'm usually coming in fairly flat.

DW