Olander?

Started by _AH_Corona, September 29, 2009, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Corona

Has anyone heard from Big O? He is in the Philippines. Just would be nice to know that he and his loved ones are ok with all the flooding going on. Toxic, if you have his phone number text it to me when you get a chance. <S>
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

_AH_Col._Hogan

AKA Tagert asked me to say hello to Olander

S!

_AH_Corona

Tell Tagert I said hello.

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!

_AH_Olander

Hi Folks, alive and kicking sure enough.

Been without power for a few days.  That typhoon did a number across the bay from me.  I am about 25 miles or so, as the crow flies directly west of manila.  The storm hit Saturday late morning and started shaking hell out of every thing.  It was nowhere near as bad as some East Coast Hurricanes I've seen.  The house is built out of reinforced concrete anyway so it AIN'T going anywhere.   

HOWEVER,  Manila was RANSACKED.....TOTALLY!   Flash floods hit so hard and so fast, cars and refrigerators were found in TREES!  People drowned on the top floors of some 3 story houses it flashed that fast.   200 Killed and at least that many more missing from both the city and surrounding provinces.  Strange though, by Sunday afternoon the folks here in Bataan never missed a beat, just like it never happened.  I guess when you struggle from day to day, as do most folks here, just to put rice in your family's mouth, a little wind and water are afterthoughts. 

I'm well though, thanks for the thought.

_AH_MOAB

~S~ Olander,  So glad to hear that you are well.  I was kind of concerned when I saw another storm was ravaging your area. So glad you and yours have made it thru, hope things get back to normal soon and I hope to see you on my six soon!!

_AH_Olander

Oh, and Hogan....smack Tagert on his bald-@$$ head for me!  (I don't think he really is bald, just sounds like it...:P)

Give him this message for me too please.  Just say   "My Shoe".    He will probably have an aneurysm from laughing so hard. 

_AH_Corona

Glad your not swimming in the house. Good to hear we have worse storms here on the east coast. <S>

_AH_Olander

Quote from: _AH_Corona on October 01, 2009, 09:41:40 PM
Glad your not swimming in the house. Good to hear we have worse storms here on the east coast. <S>

Hold that comment until THIS weekend is over.  Its Friday afternoon and a CAT. 5 SUPER TYPHOON is on the way.  Due to make landfall tomorrow morning.  This one will hit the east coast of Luzon and travel north west right through Baguio; still not far from me though.   This one has everyone scared SH**Tless.  Me? no way.  I've got two cases of beer and two fifths so I got er covered.   :drinking-29:

If you see a flare, just throw me a Mae West and I'll be fine and dandy. 

_AH_Archie

Hold on tight O!

Be  safe

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Gonzo

QuoteIf you see a flare, just throw me a Mae West and I'll be fine and dandy.

I'll go get my plane  (6)

Good to hear you're alright Olander.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Prop

Well, Big O, now you got an excuse for yelling to your wife for not moving Stateside  :lol-034:

_AH_Olander

Looks like I got a reprieve from this one.  Early Saturday morning about 100 mile off the northwest coast of Luzon, CAT. 5 Pepeng  decided to make a big right hand turn and just barely skirted the coast.  She was a mean bitch and for some reason didn't want to unleash her fury on the locals here. 

Personally, I was waiting for the fun to begin but we got nothing but scattered showers.

That makes 5 Typhoons down for the season and 15 to go...... on average.     Anyone care to join me?   LoL!   

_AH_Corona

Pay my salary and my plane ticket and I will be there asap. Oh and get a Corona real doll made for my wife. Sounds like a blast.

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_Olander on September 30, 2009, 12:10:59 PM
Oh, and Hogan....smack Tagert on his bald-@$$ head for me!  (I don't think he really is bald, just sounds like it...:P)

Give him this message for me too please.  Just say   "My Shoe".    He will probably have an aneurysm from laughing so hard. 
Defintally NOT bald!  :happy-112:

_AH_Olander

HOLY RESURRECTION BATMAN!   

How the heck are you doing?  Figured you had tired of stepping on the roaches in the UBI forums and went elswhere. 

And wearing an    _AH_    tag at that.....my goodness the world has taken a turn for the cervial. 

Good to see you around bud,  this should be interesting, just like old times......except without any "children" around.

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_Olander on October 05, 2009, 10:23:07 AM
HOLY RESURRECTION BATMAN!   

How the heck are you doing?  Figured you had tired of stepping on the roaches in the UBI forums and went elswhere. 

And wearing an    _AH_    tag at that.....my goodness the world has taken a turn for the cervial. 

Good to see you around bud,  this should be interesting, just like old times......except without any "children" around.
Aye Bud!

Good to hear from you too!

Now we just hvae to find out what happend to IMS Jose to complete the 'my shoe' circle! ;)

So what times do you fly? Been keepin an eye out for you! Me and Hogan seem to be on 24/7 which is strange in that we both have jobs! ;)

_AH_Olander

Strange you should ask of Jose.  I had lunch with him the first of July as I was driving north through Atlanta from Dallas.    He is busy as a bee, flying back and forth to California.  His nursing job had him jumping through hoops. 

I am on usually during the weekends.  My job and global location keeps me secluded at best.  My login times usually have me on during the mid A.M. hours eastern time, Friday and Saturday morn. being the best time to catch me on.  I currently reside in the Philippines. Hawaii and the Navy got on my friggin nerves so I decided to go slumming.  lol! 

Look forward to chatting with you.... real time!