AH_Deathrace 2017 When ?

Started by Kopfdorfer, December 28, 2017, 05:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kopfdorfer

Hey Guys,

I asked this in the Missions thread , perhaps it sees more eyes here.
              I have built a race map (with bullets and badguys) , and I was wondering
              when we might be able to fly it.
              I don't feel presumptive enough to suggest a date.

DW suggested a Wed since the regular racing season is over.

Any Wed would be fine by me.

Would someone with authority speak on the matter ?

Kopfdorfer

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Sounds like Wednesday Jan. 3 at 9 PM EST*  There's going to be a Death Race.. 

Not sure if the standard protocol of an hour of practice starting at 8 PM Wednesday would work or not, or if it would be needed. 

* If you're not sure what that time is for you, try this:   https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?continent=namerica&p1=179&iso=20180103T21&msg=Death%20Race&ah=1  Enter your location on the clock on the right by clicking 'Change your Location" at the bottom of the clock on the  right, or select a nearby city from the list displayed below the clocks.
or you might to go to the main time and date .com page here: https://www.timeanddate.com/ and use the time zone converter found under the Time Zones heading. Maybe even bookmark it.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

AH_DealnDave

Works for me !!!!

Leave it to BBQ to come up with a fancy timing device ... hehe  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Gator

_AH_Twenty

Kopfdorfer

Rules for Deathrace 2017

REVISED MAP IN PLACE - Check position of Airfield 6

There are 6 Dogfight Bases Numbered 1-6
Each Base spawns one type of aircraft , each type with its own particular peccadillos ( this is not a high-pitched wind instrument).

Base          Aircraft Type
   1            Fokker DXXI sarja 3 Early , 1938
   2            Blenheim 1F , 1940
   3            Li-2 , 1939
   4            Fiat G-50 , 1938
   5            TBD-1 , 1937
   6            Avia B-534-IV , 1937

Each base is surrounded by a ring of balloons. Within this ring is sanctuary - no shooting at within , from within , or at within from without.
Note that AI does not heed this restriction !

To win you must fly each leg in succession (1-2-3-4-5-6-1) in the type of aircraft provided at each base.
You may use whatever fuel amount you wish.
Only default loadouts are provided.
In addition to each other , there will be obstacles along the way. Deal with them.
Assume everyone and everything is your enemy. They are.

To count as landed (and able to proceed to the next base) , you must park within a circular hardstand at each airfield.
To count as having finished the race , you must park within the clearly defined rectangular area at airfield 1 marked "FINISH".

RACE START
All Pilots will spawn in to Base #1.
DO NOT start your engine.
DO NOT change position.
Only when all pilots are spawned in and say so , will the Senior Officer give the order "GO".
Then it's "Off to the Races" , or so to speak.

Race Can be run in 60 minutes , but I recommend a 75 minute Race Time to account for shoot-downs , crashes , and rough landings that don't make a hardstand , etc.
This time is flexible , and adjustments may need to be made as it has not been tested in full battle mode.

Hope you have fun.

Kopf

_AH_Bear

Kopfdorfer

_AH_Bear

will realistic navigation be on and radio beacons in place?

Kopfdorfer

Hey Bear,

These are all early war aircraft , and most if not all have no RDF features.
There are no beacons on the map.
There is at least one radio station.

My own preference is to always have realistic navigation on.

Part of the fun of this race is to decide how much time you need to spend navigating ,
and how much looking over your shoulder.

Think of it more like a cross country rally than Daytona.
You will understand if you test fly all the aircraft in question.
If everyone has fun with this concept, there is no reason why more Deathrace versions can
not be made with different planesets , and different maps.

The Map diagram above in the thread lists clear bearings from airfield to airfield.
It only takes a minute to write down the legs and their bearings and have them
beside you when you fly.
All the airfields are equipped with lights , airfield number markers , and clear indications of
approach headings (arrows).

Kopf

_AH_z5o

This sounds like its going to be fun as hell.
May I humbly request reading off the rules at the beginning of the race to ensure everyone knows exactly what their doing?... Like myself.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Olds

Will this be tonight or Wednesday? Also, any special skins needed?
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_BBQhead

S~

As far as I know,  the Deathrace is supposed to be tomorrow - Wednesday Jan 3. at 9 PM EST -   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Kopfdorfer

Here are the required mpdotrange settings for the host :

mp_dotrange TYPE .5 ID 2 RANGE 1.0 COLOR .5 DOT 20
mp_dotrange FOE TYPE .5 ID .5 RANGE 1.0 COLOR .5 DOT 20

Kopf