Splash Screen Question

Started by _AH_Gonzo, November 13, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

I'm trying convert some pictures into TGA files for use as splash screens for the game but whenever I install them the game reverts to the original intro splash screen.

What am I doing wrong?

The dimensions and size of the TGA that I'm creating match those of the original splash screen and the splash screens created by Rgaa but in game they done work.

Any ideas?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Gonzo

This is one of the images that I'm trying to convert:

_AH_Duff4r

Gonzo,

I don't get involved in this but....I do know what's wrong.  IL-2 uses a SPECIAL .tga  You must download a tool to work on these.  I would have assumed Pods would have jumped in here.

Let me see if I can find a link.

Here ya go: IL-2 tga Converter

S~

Duff

FYI, there is a FREE proggie out there called Paint.Net.  You must have Dot Net installed.  Rumor has it it will do these automagically  :surprised-041:

Tip: When you save your work auto detect "bit depth" and un-check "Compress (RLE)"

Good Luck Boss!

[attachment deleted by admin]

_AH_Stiffy

i read this post and didnt know how to address the problem so i didnt respond,
but with that said, all i did was add layers to the one in the game already then saved it in the proper format.
if you added a layer that competely covered the one in there already then it would be a new image yet the properties that Duff mentioned would stay the same

i think, or i could just possibly not have a clue what im talkin about :thinking-008:

_AH_Gonzo

S! and thanks gents. I'll give both ideas a try.

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

S! Gonzo ... I just happened uppon the specific format after trying many things. I do know it was in a section in paint shop where it gave you 2 choices and one was to make it 24 million color (by checking the box).... but have not been able to find my way there since .... it was a side , side thing that brought me there. I know its prob no help ... What i did with the second splash was just to go over the first one and save with a dif pic ... ;-( sorry i am not more help.

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Gonzo

Thanks Rgaaa. I tried Stiffy's idea with the overlay thing but it didn't work. I tried to figure out the gizmo that Duff4r linked but I'm too slow to figure it out. I will keep trying though  (6)

_AH_Stiffy

i think the method i used will work for you except you already changed your original one, cuz Rgaa siad he did the same thing.

if you havnt tried this, download Rgaa's and paste yours over it as a new layer and just click save (did you "save" or "save as"?)

if you have already tried that.....plz stop reading this at once (kooky)

last resort, email the pic to me and ill hook you up

_AH_Duff4r

Gonzo and Guys...

Hey just download Paint.net.  It works, it's easy...

I never tried making my own from scratch but it sure did a nice job modifying Rgaa's.

I'll mess with it some more.
Duff