AI_MOD Download All Versions

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 01, 2009, 05:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Here ya go! Here are all the versions.  Hosts pick your poison. AI Mods_ALL Versions

It was suggested by BBQ that the best way to do this is that only the host has it "enabled" all the rest of us don't have it or have a (-) in front of the folder.  I think it's an excellent suggestion.

It was also suggested that the host choose the version.  I like that too!
S~

Clarification:

If you are the Server HOST: You chose AI_Mod or not and the Version nuber i.e. 1.6 or 1.7

If you are NOT the HOST disable the AI_Mod by adding a (-) in front of the folder (-AI_Mod) or slide the folder onto your desktop

_AH_Zipzag

For the moment im running 1.6 , from my point of view it don't matter to my setup if you have it installed yes or no , so far to this date no one has had any issues on my server when I host.

Thats telling me if anyone starts to have issues it's  there rig set up, not mine.  that transfering mission for instance was the fault of the host , not the clients. Also i noticed it only happened when run from behind a router.    Somtimes antivirus software will screw things up , when your gaming try to shut it off temperarily,

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

i don't have it installed and have not had any problems no matter which version the host is running.

what we're talking about is having the AI  mod installed  while you're the client..  are there issues with the the host running one version and the clients having a different versions installed? 

logically.. it shouldn't.. but it might.  we have been seeing more and more anomalies. my game very rarely crashes.. but when i check the console in the game.. i see countless errors ( nullchunk, heirmesh, house without a collision, bad water..bad bad water you need a spanking).... some have changed and some new ones have shown up as the game has changed..but it doesn't seem to cause a problem for game play for me. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_*PODS*_RGAA

It was odd ..... thought i had a prob the day I installed v.17 .... but ended up being a ram issue .... have had no probs since then no matter what the host is running as version. ... and the slot ran good for me since dropping to 56k when connecting. But ... thinking ... as suppose to be .... test are suppose to be ran and then ok'd by the brass before they are (official) installes for use with AH missions ... coops..... dog fights .... thinking we have been lucky so far ... most of the posers have been answered or just little quirks that have been pretty much worked out so far other than the couple people that have had or having tech issues .. thinking prob tech issues on there end of things ... my opinion. Again stressing the need for testing of any mod going to be used by AH in any standard AH format as required and stated in the rules ... Again .. my opinion. It is getting a tad out of hand .... S!

Fly'n is the second greatest thrill
known to man, Landing is the first!
  Major _AH_Rgaa
        A Flight
 www.aceshigh.ws

_AH_Duff4r

Rgaa,

I think the desire for an AI mod is strong in this squad as we do so much against the AI.  I doubt that there would have been such a push for breather on breather if the AI behaved themselves and were a more worthy target.

I WOULD hope that no one has poisoned their UI 1.0 install with the exception of sounds and repaints.  There is simply no way they can impact the game.  Sounds are sounds and repaints are like cockpit skins, the same thing we do when we add Plane skins.

Again, it's not so easy to test the AI_Mod.  I have done 2vs2 all the way up.  All good.  Then I have trouble in the FNF?  Go figure.  With the AI_Mod the "proofs in the puddin" so to speak.  Gotta try it out online with all AH there and the host selecting his choice of AI_Mod version.

That is my recommend......I certainly don't make the decisions around here

S~
Duff on Stuff

_AH_Jack

I've been hosting with AI mod v 1.6 for the past week & I don't think there have been any issues.

_AH_Moggy

I agree with Duff4r re the AI mod.  I like the uncertainty of their behavior and that they're now harder to down.  As long as there are no community-wide problems caused (and I've seen no evidence of that yet), I'd recommend that we continue to experiment with it -- including following the updated versions.

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

Experimenting is the only way to find out... just don't want to have guys crappin out on 2 out of 3 starts..then end up chasin our tails more than we have to trying to find the fix...     now that we've found and pulled some bad hardware and a virus or two out of the mix.. fatal game errors seem to have calmed down a bit.

actuallly i think it's one of the best ideas those guys have come up with ..  the developer says right up front it's beta... so there's gonna be some bugs.. he's workin on em..

so for now.. let's see how it goes..  the bad hardware has been replaced on two of our frequent host machines.. might make a big difference.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Duff4r

Kicking this again...

Hosts of _AH,  What AI Mod version are you running?  It seems that at AAA CERT_AI_MOD v16 may be the better of them all.

OBTW I guess Certificate has some RL going on but he does plan to continue with this!

What do you as Hosts think?

Skat
Jack
BBQ
Dave
Moby
Fox

Sorry if I missed a host and thanks for the info.

S~
Duff on Stuff

_AH_BBQhead

_AH_Moby

~S~ Duff!

Don't use any AI Mod as yet.... waitin' for the official okey doke or the general majority preference indicated for all.....

...or whichever AI Mod BBQ tells me that I need to install....   :happy-112:

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH__SKATtrash

S!  I also have been using 1.6... (6)

_AH_BBQhead

Quote from: _AH_Moby on March 07, 2009, 12:28:27 AM
~S~ Duff!

Don't use any AI Mod as yet.... waitin' for the official okey doke or the general majority preference indicated for all.....

...or whichever AI Mod BBQ tells me that I need to install....   :happy-112:

~S~!

Mobes.

here ya go, Mobes... http://www.aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=493.msg11759#msg11759

_AH_Zipzag

Ive been using 1.7 , don't see any problems at my end , if the majority want 1.6 ill switch to it   ~S~

_AH_Jack