4.10m Patch

Started by HA_50, December 27, 2010, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HA_50

:help-sos-sos-29402: Hi folks I wanted to let you all know thru reading the 1C forums on 4.10m and reading the user manual on 4.10m I sent a pdf to 20 ask him for a copy..... I have found that 4.10m is missing files that they did not include due to patch size. "This is verified on 1C site" This means that is you do not get the whole 4.10m update .it is entirely possible that you will have to seperately download the 4.10m and 4.11m patches to get all the files needed for that version to work. for those of you less able to understand files ect. it would probably be well advised to use the updater now to get the 4.10m patch installed then just wait for the rest of the files to be released. as of now the 4.10m is not fully funtional, difficulty settings and many other things are not enabled yet because there base files have not been loaded. So for the most part 4.10m cant be used in real multiplayer yet... So I urge you all to read this carefully and fully and get together to decide a course of action  :happy-112:

_AH_Duff4r

HA_50

Thanks for your effort here! I saw your post on UP. 4.11? Please post a link to further validate your post. Thanks!

From what I see, there ain't no sucha dog as 4.11 yet. Merely discussions on what may be added if and when a 4.11 is released. They have identified certain things that may trigger a 4.11, that is all.

To the _AH squad.

I would NOT run the updater!!!!!!!!!

If you want to see what's in 4.10 download it from here: 4.10 Patch or here's a direct download, I think. You may need to be a member of UP forum to DL, here: Download

It will install into the (your install)jsgmemods folder and be selectable as a "Mod". You can not mess this up....that said, make a copy of your game and install it there first.

Comment: For us normal folk this ain't no biggie  :surprised-041: Wait for the UP conversion. Here's the readme:
http://www.mediafire.com/?55tqqhrswmwzn9h

FYI, I dl'd this to a copy of the game and all works fine!  I have been in HL and played.

Regards and S~

_AH_Duff4r

HA_50

Link to 1c Forum about the patch and why it's not complete as requested by Duffer

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17765

_AH_Duff4r

Thanks HA_50

Here's what was posted:

Dear IL-2 fans,

On behalf of 1C:Maddox Games and Daidalos Team, we are pleased to present you the patch 4.10m.

Few words before you hit that download button...The development of 4.10 patch took longer than we have anticipated in the beginning as we continued adding more content than originally planned. In order to give you the most stable version of the patch without any further delay we have decided to make the unpopular decision and did not include all the content that was previously announced in our development updates. The patch content became simply too big and complicated to test all together at once. But that does not mean we have abandoned the features we have informed you about before. To be specific, the following features are NOT included in 4.10 patch, but will come in our next releases:

1) AI seeing through clouds and other more complex AI improvements - priority candidate for 4.11
2) Triggers - priority candidate for 4.11
3) More complex MDS features - as a first step we wanted introduce the core feature of MDS in 4.10 = moving AI units and carriers on dogfight server
4) Ship damage effects - some ship DM improvements have been included in 4.10. More to come in the future.
5) Radar - was not planned for 4.10 yet. We do need to complete the full scenario before we release it.

We are also going to switch to smaller but more frequent patch releases from now on. 4.10 will be the foundation for our future work. As with the previous patch we would like to ask IL-2 community members to report any relevant issues or errors that did slip through our beta testing net. We have just opened the 4.10 bug report thread for this. Of course you can also use our DT email for the bug reports: daidalos.team@gmail.com We are committed to continue improving our work in the future patches.

_AH & HA_50:

There are NO missing files just "features" that were not included as listed above. I simply wanted to insure the _AH squad understood that the current download was not broken or flawed in any way, just not containing some of the once promised features. I had hoped the above post was what you were referring to and not some new problems with the current Dl'd.

S~ HA_50 and thanks for the info. You're very kind!
Duff4r

HA_50

:lol  Kind??? Thanks Duff.   Dont tell anyone I have my reputation to think of.   :drinking-29:

_AH_Jack

I downloaded the 4.10 patch & installed it into a clean 409 copy & tried it out in Hyperlobby under an alias.  What do you think my reaction was when my control services wouldn't respond to the stick?  I tried the game with my standard profile loaded & then with no profile, hoping the game would see the stick...no good.  In the chat, it appears it's a problem for others, as well.

_AH_Autorotate

i have it downloaded but no copy to install it over so its do or die for me when the time comes.

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Jack on December 28, 2010, 06:49:08 PM
I downloaded the 4.10 patch & installed it into a clean 409 copy & tried it out in Hyperlobby under an alias.  What do you think my reaction was when my control services wouldn't respond to the stick?  I tried the game with my standard profile loaded & then with no profile, hoping the game would see the stick...no good.  In the chat, it appears it's a problem for others, as well.

Jack, try copying your entire "User" folder from your _AH version to your 4.10 game. Overwrite as requested. I use CH controllers also and all is well here.

S~
Duff

_AH_Johnny

I loaded the 4.10 in a backup copy and as of yet have had no problems...go figure
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

Foxbat

S~
Just an opinion but 4.10 seems kinda like a step backward from where we are.
There are some interesting new controls and few others but other than that it looks
and feels like 4.08 to me.

I had no glitches with the install either. I made a backup
with all the mods deactivated and just ran the updater and pointed it at the backup.

_AH_z5o

Downloaded 4.10 ran it, seems to work fine for the most part. Im not sure seeing I hardly ever run 4.09 games so running 4.10 seemed ok to me. What Im confused about is, if we decide NOT to install or run this update/Mod, isnt that going to keep us from being able to use the reapir function that 2.01 gave us which I think most of use like,,,alot? Doesnt realy matter I guess, I fly what ever ya'll want to fly.
S!
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Duff4r

To all,

Trust me.....

Very soon there will be an update by UltraPack to include the 4.10m. Until then, running the updater will simply get you 4.10m (stock) in your jsgmemod folder. Personally it is totally worthless without the UP conversion.

I have not had time for more than a look-See at 4.10m but the Zuti MDS is in there in some form or another.  Map guys?

S~
Duff