4.11m

Started by _AH_Autorotate, January 15, 2012, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039

Dear IL-2 fans,

On behalf of 1C:Maddox Games and Daidalos Team, we are pleased to present you the patch 4.11.

The development of 4.11 patch took us yet another year to complete. Our main focus was on delivering you an uncompromised 6DoF experience and a large scale re-programming of AI logic. We have also listened to your feedback regarding bomb fuzes as introduced in 4.10 and have completely reworked this optional selectable feature in more detail and historical accuracy. Along side the new planes, ground units and additional content included in the patch, we believe that each of you will find something you have been waiting for and will now enjoy.

As with the previous patches we would like to ask the IL-2 community members to please report any relevant issues or errors we did not catch through our beta testing process. We have just opened three 4.11 debugging threads. One is dedicated to new AI changes, the second for any 6DoF related issues, and the third one for all other general bugs.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29040
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29041
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29042

Of course you can also use our DT email for the bug reports: daidalos.team@gmail.com

We would like to thank all those who made their mirror servers available for the 4.11 patch download. Please note that Mission4Today download links are available for its registered members only.

Last but not least we would like to dedicate this patch to late Sergey 'Vert' Kubyshkin, a talented Russian modeller who passed away and did not get a chance to fly the IL-4 in the cockpit he built for all of us to enjoy. S!

The final version of 4.11 Guide is included with the patch download.

4.11 English/International version:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4182
http://www.jgzbv.de/downloads/Il2_411_INT.exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LORSNPHQ
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/il2_sturmovik.php#411

Torrent:
http://102nd.servebeer.com/DT_download/Il2_411_international.torrent

_AH_Autorotate

You should need to check out the detailed documentation for 4.11. There is a TON of stuff added to the stock game. If you've downloaded the update file, extract the "Guide_411.pdf" file and give it a good reading. There's 22 pages of stuff there, so give yourself a little time to thoroughly read it.

Some high points that I noticed:

6DOF for TIR users.

Setting the conf.ini
        In section [HookView Config], the following parameters can be added: LeanF, LeanS and
        Raise. Possible range is from 0.01 to 1.0 with higher number giving faster motion. These
        settings affect all types of controllers (including TIR).

It's my guess that these new settings are like enhancements to how TIR itself handles "swivel" motion speed. I really don't want/need extra speed when I turn my head... so I don't get exactly what they are going for here. There are ways to set up your mouse, joystick or keyboard to control 6DOF movements also... So you could set up your mouse to raise or lower your pilot's position in the cockpit.

A.I. behavior:

Various new AI maneuvers have been added. Number of maneuvers is increased by 25%. ... Occasionally fighters execute
        fishtail maneuver to get better view behind.

Clouds & land mass blocks AI's ability to see other planes behind them. For example it is
        possible to evade attacking AI plane by hiding in clouds. AI planes will also try to hide in clouds
        in certain conditions.

Occasionally fighters will execute roll maneuvers to get a look directly below them.
        When fighter is pulling positive G's to get a lead shot and target goes invisible under nose, AI
        will not see the target.

All of these (and many more listed in the .pdf) are welcome updates to A.I. behavior.

Lots of new info and limitations on AI gunners and gunnery. One thing interesting to note:

Note
        If AI planes in player's own flight have not noticed the enemy planes, player has possibility to
        "point out" the enemy presence to the friendly AI planes by padlocking enemy plane so that it
        is visible at roughly center of the screen (15 deg. cone). This works even if the padlock is not
        enabled. Also the commands attack all/bombers/fighters has the same function built in as the
        padlock key. So issuing "attack fighters" command to your wingman would fail if your wingman
        has not seen the enemy and you give the command while you don't see the enemy. Giving the
        command when you see the enemy at the center of your screen (in cockpit) gives your
        wingman the direction of the enemy and wingman can attack it. This prevents abusing the
        attack commands like a radar.

Cool! So now if you see an enemy, and can keep him in the center of your screen for a few seconds and order your AI wingies to attack, they will see the bandit and attack him. Instead of ordering them to attack and they just blithely fly around...

New over-heat setup. Expect to see a LOT more over-heat issues if you like running around at 100% throttle all the time . Over heat warnings now include oil temp as well as water temp.

You will generally find that the planes overheat a lot more, in particular if you are not on a cold
        map in fast level flight. As a guideline, on hotter maps you can expect fighters to be able to
        sustain about 70% power at 70% pitch without overheating radiators closed

To keep engine temperatures low, remember:
        • use low rpm (reduce pitch), in particular oil temperature are sensitive towards rpm
        • use low throttle settings (and avoid WEP)
        • open the radiator
        • fly faster (don't climb at too low speeds)
        • use an as rich mixture as possible

New bomb fuzes :
There are several types now that are enabled if the "Bomb Fuzes" difficulty option is selected. This includes a "Low Level" option that uses a quick arming but long delay (like 4 seconds).

Here's a neat one:

Control surface & pilot's head positions transferred over network
        There are few more parameters sent over network and saved into tracks – position of control
        surfaces (ailerons, elevator, rudder) and direction of player's view. Additionally flaps now show
        in four position when looking on a plane piloted by someone else on network (closed, combat,
        T/O and landing) instead of two (closed and fully open). Please note that head turning is
        limited to pilot's cockpits, gunners' heads are fixed due to 3D model limitations.

So now when someone asks you to turn to the right and smile for the camera, they mean it!

New bombing commands:

Bombing commands
        4.11 introduces four new commands related to bombing.
        Under "Ground Targets" -> "Drop Commands" , there are two new commands:
        Drop Bombs On My Command
        This command will instruct the selected wingmen to keep their bombs and drop them when
        player drops his bombs.
        Drop Bombs At Will
        This command will instruct the selected wingmen to drop bombs when they want. This is the
        default mode that the wingmen will have at the start of the mission.
        Under "Tactical", there are two new commands:
        Keep Ordnance
        This command will instruct wingmen to keep the bombs even they encounter enemy resistance
        and would normally drop the bombs.
        Drop Ordnance At Will
        This command will allow the wingmen to drop their bombs when encountering enemy
        resistance. This is the default mode that the wingmen will have at the start of the mission.

If you have a dual throttle controller (CH or WartHog) you will appreciate the new "Smart Axis" command:

Smart Axis
        Dual throttle has turned out to be little problematic if player has only two throttles and plane
        has more than two engines. Normally if player has dual throttle, he has power 1 and power 2
        mapped and old power (all) axis unmapped. If player wants to fly plane with more engines
        that two, he needs to go to controls menu and map one of the throttle axis to the old power
        axis which controls all engines.
        When the smart axis feature is enabled and user has only power 1 & 2 mapped and plane has
        four engines, the power 1 handles both left side engines and power 2 both right side engines.
        With three engine planes, the center engine gets average value of both levers. Prop pitch
        works similar way.
        To enable this feature, add following in conf.ini under [rts] section.
        [rts]
        UseSmartAxis=1

The part we all get worried about: Flight Model changes. Here they are:

Flight model changes
        F6F
        The F6F-3 no longer has water injection. Both models have flaps working with blow up springs
        now (self retracting at higher speed). Handling and performances have been changed.
        F4F / FM-2
        The F4F has flaps with blow up springs similar to the F6F now.
        F4U
        The Corsair I (F4U-1) no longer has water injection. Handling and performances have been
        12 / 22
        changed.
        Hurricane
        The Hurricane I is modelled to 6.25lb boost performance, the Hurricane II to 12lb boost
        performance now. The flap workings have been changed.
        Fw 190
        For the whole series handling and performance have been changed.
        A new model has been made, a fully rated A-4. The derated model is now simulated by using
        the same engine with a limited throttle.
        The A-5 and A-6 no longer have the erhöhte Notleistung. The A-5 1.65ata boost system only
        works at low altitude now.
        The D-9 1944 has been modelled to 1900hp version performance, the D-9 45 remains with the
        2150hp MW50 injection performance.
        The Ta 152 H-1 now has working GM-1 injection.
        Ki-27
        The Ki-27 no longer overrevs when flying straight and level. A take off power setting (WEP)
        has been added.
        Mosquito XVIII "Tse-Tse"
        Main gun autoloader is sensitive to side forces. Keep ball centered when firing and during
        whole recoil and reload, gun may jam otherwise.

New conf.ini parameters:

[game]
        SkipParatrooperViews=0 (1 = skips all paratroopers from external view)
        ScreenshotType=0 (0 = screenshots are saved as TGA, 1 = screenshots are saved as JPG, 2
        = screenshots are saved as TGA and JPG)
        jpgQuality=1.0 (quality of JPG screenshot. Range 0.0 to 1.0)
        [rts]
        UseSmartAxis=0 (value 1 enables smart axis)
        [HookView Config]
        13 / 22
        LeanF=0.4 (Speed of head forward/backward leaning. Range 0.01 to 1 with higher number
        giving faster motion)
        LeanS=0.4 (Speed of head sideways leaning. Range 0.01 to 1 with higher number giving
        faster motion)
        Raise=0.2 (Speed of head up/down motion. Range 0.01 to 1 with higher number giving faster
        motion)
        RubberBand=0.5 (elasticity of the head motion limits)

And finally there are complete cockpit layout guide images for all the new flyable types.

_AH_DarkWolf

"AI planes will also try to hide in clouds in certain conditions."

I wonder how this would work, I was under the impression that we don't see the clouds in the same places online.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Way too Go Auto very nicely done Sir ~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~
      Oh my....Oh my...Oh my. Is this somthing to look forward to or have I already missed it?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Jack

Tried installing it into a clean 4.07m copy...tried installing it into a 4.08m copy.  I also tried the beta dll file.  All attempts fail to launch at 5% load.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Jack on January 17, 2012, 03:01:32 PM
Tried installing it into a clean 4.07m copy...tried installing it into a 4.08m copy.  I also tried the beta dll file.  All attempts fail to launch at 5% load.

there is a hot fix there. on the download thread. something about loading crashes.  :drinking-43:

Beta Hotfix for 4.11
This is a beta hotfix patch which should fix the CTD issue you all experienced.
The hotfix should be applied over all 4.11 versions (Russian, International and Dedicated Server). Just unpack it into your main Il2 folder.
The hotfix does not change your game version.
You will not be able to join online games with CRT = 1 and CRT = 2 if you have different versions of DT.dll.
The hotfix will be included into the future patch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZL0ADPG5

_AH_taldrg

~S~
See there what happened to our C.O.    I just knew that thing is not for me.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Jack

The hotfix is the beta .dll file...didn't help.

_AH_Autorotate

oh wait, its suppose to be installed to a clean 4.10.1, why would you put it over 4.07  :thinking-008:

_AH_DarkWolf

Clown logic of course. Why do you ask such silly questions, Auto?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

HA_50

:surprised-027:

4.11 CAN be installed to your current UP3.0RC4  game version..FOLLOW THIS DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the JSGME DISABLE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then install the patch!!!!!!!!   ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE DISABLED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now if you switch to Stock game you will be running 4.11

And if you switch to UP3.0 you will be running UP3.0RC4

I got this directly from the UP site

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: HA_50 on January 22, 2012, 02:45:48 PM
:surprised-027:

4.11 CAN be installed to your current UP3.0RC4  game version..FOLLOW THIS DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the JSGME DISABLE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then install the patch!!!!!!!!   ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE DISABLED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok now if you switch to Stock game you will be running 4.11

And if you switch to UP3.0 you will be running UP3.0RC4

I got this directly from the UP site

well.... who's going to be the guinea...

HA_50

Forgot to mention the hot fix patch. it will most likely need to be installed after the main patch.

I will test this all in a few minutes

_AH_Col._Hogan

HA_50

:happy-112:

It works correctly     

The patch and hot fix are shown being on megauploads which is now blocked by all US ISP providers and by the FBI. you get a nice warning trying to go there

So get them from the Team Daidalos forums on 1C   the hot fix is just a DLL

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039

the hotfix is also here at bottom of page

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on January 22, 2012, 04:12:02 PM
Standing by...

yeah, when we make a move, we do it as a squad.

patching your game will effect flight models and game play so if we do it we're all doing it at once or in a separate game folder.
:drinking-43:

_AH_Col._Hogan