Another Goodie: hud_log_ru_properties

Started by _AH_Duff4r, October 09, 2008, 02:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

hud_log_ru_properties is simply a text file that resides here:  Your Game folder\MODS\STD\i18n folder.  What does it do?  It contains all the messages you receive as you fly like "Flaps Combat".

Here's a sample of messages I modified for the radiator:

RadiatorControl0 R: Closed
RadiatorControl1 R: 1
RadiatorControl2 R: 2
RadiatorControl3 R: 3
RadiatorControl4 R: 4
RadiatorControl5 R: 5
RadiatorControl6 R: 6
RadiatorControl7 R: 7
RadiatorControl8 R: 8
RadiatorControl9 R: 9
RadiatorControl10 R: Open

So all I see on screen now is:

R: Closed
R: 1
R: 2
R: 3
R: 4
R: 5
R: 6
R: 7
R: 8
R: 9
R: Open

Instead of the old message:

Radiator: Closed
Radiator: Position 1
Radiator: Position 2
Radiator: Position 3
Radiator: Position 4
Radiator: Position 5
Radiator: Position 6
Radiator: Position 7
Radiator: Position 8
Radiator: Position 9
Radiator: Open

Another example is:

Instead of:  Power: 100%  Now I see simply: 100%

You get the Idea

Wanna try mine?  Back up the original although I can send you a copy if needed and try this: hud_log_ru_properties or...Modify your own :-}

Enjoy!
~S~
Duff

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on October 09, 2008, 02:32:15 AM
hud_log_ru_properties is simply a text file that resides here:  Your Game folder\MODS\STD\i18n folder.  What does it do?  It contains all the messages you receive as you fly like "Flaps Combat"...

...Instead of the old message:

Radiator: Closed
Radiator: Position 1
Radiator: Position 2
Radiator: Position 3
Radiator: Position 4
Radiator: Position 5
Radiator: Position 6
Radiator: Position 7
Radiator: Position 8
Radiator: Position 9
Radiator: Open

Interestin, Duff.  Question:  In my game, my standard radiator settings are in multiples of "2" (e.g., "closed, 2, 4, 6, 8, open).  I'm wondering if it's possible to open the radiator in increments of "1" as standard instead.

_AH_Duff4r

Ya know...I wondered that too as mine are also in 2 step increments.  I haven't found a way yet.  What i think is that the settings were there to accommodate new planes that were to be  added by Oleg and team.

I'll let you know if I find out more :-}

Duff

_Deuce_

I actually do not have that file in that location, but here is the other folder to find it in

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\i18n\hud_log_ru.properties

The only two files I see in the mods\STD\i18n folder are weapons_ru.properties and plane_ru.properties

I went into the i18n folder in the main folder also and found the messages for deaths online and other radio chatter as well

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\i18n\netmessages.properties and hud_messages.properties

This game is totally at the users will. You can change anything you want. Even the order of the wingman commands (files\i18n\hud_order_ru.properties)
Files\i18n is a very resourcefull folder

:give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_Duff4r

Deuce,

Well done....I really didn't know what to do here...Not all that many of us have the AAA Unified Installer in.  Many of us have the MODS in w/o the bomber MOD.  FYI, it depends on when and where you joined the MOD scene.  I started at the beginning and so I had a MODs folder and a files folder and a files.lst in my Main IL-2 folder.  Then things changed and everything was done in the MODs folder and the files.lst went away and soon after, the files folder.  Enter the unified installer, which re-activated the files folder.

Where's this going?  LOL!  Here's what happens.  The files.sfs and the il2fb.exe control the entire game.  What we do now is substitute a new files.sfs and il2fb.exe as we MOD and as we change versions.  The wrapper.dll is so critically important because it instructs the game where to look for instructions.  The wrapper.dll tells the files.sfs what to use and what not to use.  Let's use the gear up and down sound as an example.  The wrapper says to the files.sfs, "Hey, don't use the sound you have, look in the IL-2 Main Folder\files\presets\sounds folder which the tells it to get the sound from the samples folder or IL-2 Main Folder\files\samples."  It further says, "If it's not there go to IL-2 Main Folder\MODS\SOUNDMOD\presets\sounds folder" the sounds folder then tells it to get the ave file from the: IL-2 Main Folder\MODS\SOUNDMOD\Samples folder

In short when the files.sfs is told not to use what it has it is instructed to look first in the files folder (IL-2 Main Folder\files) and if it's not in there or the files folder is not present to then look in the MODs folder.  So....since you have a IL-2 Main Folder\files\i18n folder the files.sfs looks no further.  If you didn't it would continue to look and would find it in the IL-2 Main Folder\MODS\STD\i18n folder.  If it's not there then it defaults back and uses what's in the files.sfs folder!

Got it???  LOL!  After a short 175 question exam you will graduate from MODs 101 and be both certifiably insane and confused :}

Hope this explains this to you and to all.

PS: Again the reason I initially posted the way I did is I assumed that most  _AH pilots didn't have the Unified installer in or weren't using it and thus the relevant i18n folder would be in the location as per my initial post.

I want to add one final info tidbit:  It doesn't matter how many i18n folders you have, the game will look for them in a logical alphabetical order.  Not recommended at this time but.....I have successfully placed all of the files gathered from the 3, i18n folders I have in my install and placed them in 1 i18n folder and the game ran just fine!  Yes there is MUCH that can be modified...ALWAYS BACK IT UP!!!  "You Been Warned"

~S~
Duff

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on October 10, 2008, 05:40:35 PM
...Got it???  LOL!  After a short 175 question exam you will graduate from MODs 101 and be both certifiably insane and confused :}

Duff

Crikey!  It's no wonder you're a professor.  OK, but I insist on a "true-false" format for the exam. (kooky)

_AH_Duff4r

A little update here!

You can also Modify the "net messages"  Like: Pilot {X} was Roasted Alive in his cockpit.

I changed some stuff, download mine here: netmessages.properties

Put it here: {Your Install location} IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\i18n\netmessages.properties

_AH_taldrg

~DUFF. I woun't touch this with a ten fooy pole.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.