_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~..  I'm using Jack's old ram in this one.. and his old system board and cpu.. With that,  I  put together the rest of my current machine using parts  from only 5 other old ones.  I especially like the case for this one. It still proudly displays  the P2 sticker on the front. And I try not to look at the rust on the corners.

If you want, you can send the track files to me. I can upload them to my sky drive and post a link to them. That's where i upload  the tracks anyway.     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

HA_50

:idiot-0011:  Ok Racers !!!! The track I will host Saturday Night is Cudas canyon Race track. the planes are these. 
Bf-109G-8 1943
F-86F25L 1953
SpitfireMkIb 1940  12 lb boost

It is a one lap race for each plane there will be 3 heats races starting with the earliest year plane then going up.
I dont belive you will need to practice since this is going to be a race for fun and glory not points. I will however  since I have no life be on early enough to run the map before race time at 8 pm EST.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

The Practice track for Race #3 of the current racing season is available for DL.  

Track: What's My Line
Plane: J2 m5.  
Laps: 1,2,3

Start Time:  5 pm PDT. Sept. 11.
  Practice track will be open an hour before the race starts..

Special Note:  The Finish line on this track is NOT the Starting Line.   The Finish line is on the West side of the Airfield, at a right angle to the Starting Line.  

As you complete a lap, and come around to the airfield.. Head West to the finish line, or Turn North to run another lap.  

I've placed red markers along the center of the track.. when you get back to the airfield, follow the red and white markers to  the finish line. Keep following the red only markers to continue for another lap.
Please ask me if you have any questions..  

here's the link:
http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/1023WhatsMyLine.zip  

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_BBQhead

S~

It's Race Day!

This one is a fast,  twisty, hilly track.  If ya haven't had a chance to run some practice laps you'll want to run some at happy hour this afternoon before the race.

Happy hour starts at 4 pm PDT... Buy one lap, get one free!  

_AH_Moby

It's against the law to offer free laps at happy hour.... all laps must be paid at fair market price or at a loss to the merchandiser, but not for free.  To offer free laps would be contrary to the Lap Licence Act and subject to applicable legislative sanctions, charges or compellable proceedings.   Sheesh......    :unhappy-059:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sniff......sniff, I smell bacon.....

S!

_AH_BBQhead

S~, Silly Canadidian Mounties.. we've been giving free laps to the local authorities since i can remember,  and they're quite on board with the whole free laps at happy hour for everyone else thing, as long as they get theirs whenever they are on duty in our area.

The Practice Track for Race #4 is available here:

http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AH%201024%20Twister.zip

Track: Twister
Plane: Spitfire 18lbs LF/CW
Laps, 2,3,4  

Race #4  will start at 5 pm PDT on Saturday, Sep, 18. The  Practice Track will be open an hour before the race starts.  

AND.. the results of  Race # 3 are in.. well.. I haven't received confirmation of my observations  yet, But i'm reasonably confident of my findings. So i'm posting them now.. there is a slight chance there may be a revision.. so for now. these are the official results, unless there's a protest, or something i missed.

Heat 1

BBQ ....15
Gonzo ..10
Archie . 8
Olds ... 6

DNF
HA_50

Heat 2

BBQ ....15
Archie .10
Olds ... 8

DNF
Gonzo

Heat 3

Gonzo ..15
Archie .10

DNF
BBQ
Jack
Olds

***Race 3 Results***

BBQ ....30
Archie .28
Gonzo ..25
Olds ...14
Jack ... 0

******Season Totals after 3 Races******

Archie -101
BBQ    - 95
Gonzo  - 43
HA_50  - 40
Olds   - 23
Toccs  - 15
AD2    -  6
Coyote -  6
Z5o    -  6
Rgaa   -  6
Jetdoc -  0
Jack   -  0

_AH_Archie

Could use some more guys for racing Saturday night.  Short and easy track that does not take much practice.

Come join the fun Saturday 8pm EST

Arch

If anyone needs any help let me know.

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Stiffy

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  Great fun last night in Race #4.. Good turn out.. Thanks for comin out and having a go at the Twister Track.  

If you Liked race 4, you should like race 5..  Practice track is available Here:

http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AH%201025%20New%20Guinea%20Race.zip

Track: New Guinea
Plane: I-185
Laps: 2,3,4

This track is a little longer than the Twister track, and well.. twistier really.. but since there are no hills, the "too high" rule will be in full effect - on accounta there aren't any hills.. The last two  tracks had hills and the going a little  high over the top of the hill allowance was taken full advantage of ...since this track is flat, the only exception will be if you get bumped and it throws you directly up too high.

And here are the results of  Race #4 .... Nice flying,  Gonzo... a clean sweep with 3 First places.. I think we're supposed to throw hats or  a turkey or an octopus  onto the runway or into your propeller or  something like that..  

Heat 1

Gonzo ..15
BBQ ....10
Jetdoc . 8
Nimble . 6
Toccs .. 3

DNF
Olds
Zulu
Lippy
Archie

Heat 2

Gonzo ..15
Archie .10
Toccs .. 8
Foxbat . 6
Olds ... 3

DNF
Lippy
Zulu
Jetdoc
Nimble
BBQ

Heat 3

Gonzo ..15
Archie .10
Foxbat . 8
Toccs .. 6
Olds ... 3

DNF
BBQ
Lippy
Zulu
Viper
Nimble
Jetdoc

****Race 4 Results****

Gonzo ..45
Archie .20
Toccs ..17
Foxbat .14
BBQ ....10
Jetdoc . 8
Olds ... 6
Nimble . 6

********Season Totals after 4 Races********

Archie -121
BBQ    -105
Gonzo  - 88
HA_50  - 40
Toccs  - 32
Olds   - 29
Foxbat - 14
Jetdoc -  8
AD2    -  6
Coyote -  6
Z5o    -  6
Rgaa   -  6
Jack   -  0
Viper  -  0
Lippy - 0  

_AH_BBQhead

S~

A pretty good night of Racing, once again... Some unfortunate DNF's and a Couple of DQ's this time though.

The practice track for Race 6 is available here:

http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/AH%201026%20Blackout%20downs.zip

Track: Blackout Downs.
Plane: LA7
Laps: 2,3,4
Practice is recommended always, and even more so for this one. It's not a particularly difficult track, but there is a hairpin turn that you'll want to know about.  

And.. here are the results from last night's  race. I don't have confirmation of these results yet, so they may change.

Heat 1

BBQ .... 15
Toccs .. 10

DNF
Jetdoc
Lippy
Zulu

DQ
Olds

Heat 2

BBQ .... 15
Z5o .... 10
Olds ...  8
Toccs ..  6

DNF
Lippy

DQ
Jetdoc

Heat 3

BBQ .... 15
Toccs ..  10
Z5o ....    8

DnF
Fox
Lippy
Jetdoc

DQ
Olds

Sorry about the DQ's. All were due to flying too high. Jetdoc, your off course/recovery was good, but elsewhere you were too high.

***** Race 5 Results*****

BBQ ....45
Toccs ..26
Z5o ....18
Olds ...  8
Jetdoc.. 0
Lippy .. 0
Fox .... 0

********** Standings after 5 Races**********

BBQ    -150
Archie -121
Gonzo  - 88
Toccs  - 58
HA_50  - 40
Olds   - 37
Z5o    - 24
Foxbat - 14
Jetdoc -  8
AD2    -  6
Coyote -  6
Rgaa   -  6
Jack   -  0
Viper  -  0
Lippy  -  0

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

There was a change made to the 3rd heat...

and all Scores are now correct.. or at least they should be barring any mathematical errors i may have made..

The change that was made was a DQ was added to the 3rd race.. Sorry Olds.. on the initial straght way, after taking off, you  flew too high... 

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  There will be a no race this coming weekend. 

The next race, Race 7, will be on Oct. 16 at 5 pm Pacific Time.  Practice track will be made available for Download at least a week in advance of race day. 

And the results of Race 6 are in, and have been confirmed... The Black Out Downs track, designed by _AH_Archie proved to be a challenge for all the racers..surprisingly very few collisions for the tight turns on that one... nice flying guys.

Race 6

Heat 1

Scratched.. Technical Glitch mid race, and not enough time to rerun it.

Heat 2

BBQ .... 15
Lippy .. 10
Toccs ..  8

DNF

Archie
Jetdoc

DQ
Olds

Heat 3

BBQ .... 15
Olds ... 10
Archie .. 8
Toccs ... 6

DNF

Lippy

******Results for Race 6******

BBQ .... 30
Toccs .. 14
Lippy .. 10
Olds ... 10
Archie .  8

************Season Standings After 6 Races************

BBQ    -180
Archie -129
Gonzo  - 88
Toccs  - 72
Olds   - 47
HA_50  - 40
Z5o    - 24
Foxbat - 14
Lippy  - 10
Jetdoc -  8
AD2    -  6
Coyote -  6
Rgaa   -  6
Jack   -  0
Viper  -  0

_AH_z5o

~S~
Hey BB, is there any chance or getting the plane set for the next race. If possable the track would be kewl too. No rush though.
Thanks
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Nimble

racing results reminds of nascar sprintcup ....lol... BB is jimmy johnson...lol...go bb go!!