Battle Sights Mod

Started by _AH_Slikk, July 26, 2009, 02:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Slikk

The aim of this mod is to give the visual effects of the game more of a dramatic and cinematic look. This mod enhances the visual aspect of the air to air and air to ground explosions. In Game, the stock air to ground bomb blast is almost nonexistent. This mod fixes that. When you drop your bombs or fire your rockets you will now be able to see an explosion on impact that is much more dramatic than anything I've seen to date. In addition, Planes that get shot down will now have a huge fireball when they impact the ground. You will also be able to see explosions at much further range. I also combined the burning fire effect from HG & P and stuka 40, and the two of the effects combined look really good together. There are several other effects in this mod that were used as a template that were originally done by other modders. I would like to give credit to all of those who were an inspiration for this mod.
Special thanks to:

HolyGrail & Potenz Effects Co. (We will really miss your extraordinary modding ability.)
Th!rdeye
Buffy
Maven
Slipry
Fly!
Fabianfred
and everyone else in the AAA community for bouncing ideas off each other.

Installation:

1: Copy Battle_Sights_AA_v1 to your IL-2 1946 Mods folder.
2: Copy Battle_Sights_AG_v1 to your IL-2 1946 Mods folder.

To uninstall:

Delete the Battle_Sights_AA_v1 and or Battle_Sights_AG_v1 folder from your IL-2 1946 Mods folder.

Download Link:
http://www.filefront.com/14123653/Battle_Sights_Mod_Download.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/260080454/Battle_Sights_Mod_Download.rar

Enjoy!

Slikk

_AH_Boosher

It's a wonderful mod compilation, Slikk, but a rather big FPS hog. I think I'm going to keep it off for now.

_AH_Slikk

@ Boosher

Before you give up on it, open your config.ini, and then go to the bottom of the file. If you use OpenGL, find the [Render_OpenGL] section and set...

Effects=1

That should fix you up. You should see very little if any FPS hit if you do this.

Slikk

_AH_Duff4r

One place I'm messed up here is there are too many MODs that do the same things.  I'm not really sure if I'm seeing your or not as the files folder has precedence over the Mods folder.  It's a slow process to weed everything out.  Assuming I am seeing yours or....whatever I'm seeing is excellent.

ALL..........Do set the Effects=1.  That has been a necessity for some time!

Geezz Boosher, where ya been, Russia?  :lol  :drinking-29:

_AH_Slikk

@ Duff4r and the rest of AH

Just make sure that all of the Battle Sights and Sounds folders are at the front of the other mods in your mods folders and you'll be alright. You could even rename them like this...

+Battle_Sights_AA_v1
+Battle_Sights_AG_v1
+Battle_Sounds_v2

Putting the + in front of the names will insure that the Battle Sights and Battle Sounds mods will over ride any other mod the might be doing the same thing.

Slikk

_AH_Col._Hogan

This is Bee Eee Aaa utiful, well done slikk

S!

_AH_Boosher

For some reason mine was set to '2.' I'll try it out.

EDIT: Seems to be holding for now, thx!

RE-EDIT - Happened again while I was hosting. Full CTD.

_AH_Moggy

Is "2" a valid setting for "effects?"  I was under the impression that it was either "0" or "1."

_AH_Boosher

2 is a setting for high-end PC's, but this most recent crash was when I was running at effects=1.