Brighter Nav Lights

Started by _AH_Viper, January 10, 2010, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Viper

Well there has be some concern for those lame nav lights in 2.0.  Well I've installed the fix and they work in bright mode now..SAS has the download on their site

_AH_Viper

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2591.0.html    Here ya go Folks.  Just unrar and put the file in your Jsgmemod folder in the rood directory of your 2.0 game.  When you load the mods this one will be one of them to select.  Salute~

_AH_DarkWolf

I kinda like the non-spotlight nav lights.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

:i-m-with-stupid-0101:

Even in the real world, nav lights shouldn't be visible in bright sunlight.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Viper

Now that I've has a chance to view them during the day..Wow, they are kinda bright..LOL.  Must look like an UFO at night.  I guess that's why this mod is pick-able during mod selection.  Which is a good thing. Man didn't know they would be spot light bright.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Look who is being techie. The lights are not truly Nav. lights. They are called...clearance lights.
You would never get any where if you tried to navigate with these lights only.  When parked at an airfield at night, they were left on so other taxeing aircraft could stay 'clear' of yours. Flying formation at night they were used as referance to 'clear' the other planes in formation.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Viper

Isn't that sort of navigating TD?  Is is safe to say that I safely navigated around your Cessna while drinking Gin and juice in my V-tail while skidding on one broken wheel with one wingtip dragging the deck?  If I'm in the air and I see a green light on the left and red on the right 

_AH_Autorotate

call them position lights here. can see them quite well sometimes in daytime at good angles, not so much at distance. otherwise not all.
night time different story.

landing light should be a true spotlight too. not all direction.

anywho. they are a little odd in the game. could use a good tweak.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Vipersan. You didnot 'navigate' around my Cessna, you 'dodged' it. The old rule at night when seeing aircraft 'clearance' lights is this:  Red right..returning...meaning if you see the red light on the right and green on the left...the aircraft is coming toward you. The same princable applys for water craft.

_AH_Gonzo

Or...

"If the red's on the right, he's coming to fight."

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_taldrg

~S~                              Right