Sound Switching 101

Started by _AH_Duff4r, January 26, 2010, 11:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas!

OK there are 3 parts to sounds and moving them.

First, most versions have the sounds in the Files folder EXCEPT the HSFX Version which has the sounds "built into the .sfs files.  Regardless, every sound can be overwritten by use of the MODS folder or the JSGME.

I am going to discuss using the AAA UI 1.2 sounds in UltraPack 2.0

1.) Remove any "User added" sounds or folders in the UP2.0\Files folder, the jsgmemods folder, or the MODS folder.
2.) UltraPack - go to the Files folder and find the file .preload and (-) it out.

3.) In your install of AAA UI 1.2\Files folder find and "copy" the .preload file into the Files folder of your UP 2.0 install
4.) In your install of AAA UI 1.2\Files folder find and "copy" the Presets folder to the Files folder of your UP 2.0 install
5.) In your install of AAA UI 1.2\Files folder find and "copy" the Samples folder to the Files folder of your UP 2.0 install

6.) Add or Re-enable any "User added" sounds like Battle Sounds etc that you would like to use.

Your done!!

Notes:

1.) It is possible for the preset folder to have more than 1 folder.  It will always contain the "sounds" folder and may contain another folder called "acoustics".

2.) The Presets folder and the samples folder may be capitalized or not....it's of no matter.

Questions?

Duff

_AH_Jack

SUPERB!  I'm gonna do this as soon as I get back to NJ.  Thanks once again for your continued tech support and know-how, Duff!