_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

TY Gentlemen and as soon as I get home today I will review the tracks and get DW's results, I will post my results and the new track tonight. Thanks for showing up guys it was a blast, I am surprised at the number of racers that found a way thru that turn with very little practice time. ~S~

_AH_Lippy

Here is another new track to a few of you. It is the Dogfight map with the Hurricane MKIIa. This is a carburetor engine so be careful going negative G. The heats are as follows
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7cd999872472e6dc#cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2181
Heat 1 - 1 lap
Heat 2 - 2 laps
Heat 3 - 3 laps

_AH_fraggmann

:help2: Im not sure in which direction the course goes  :idiot-0011:
Chimneys on the left or right?
Just a suggestion to eliminate this question in further courses.
In the past I have used the Red and Blue race poles 375-376 in objects list.
Red for Port and Blue for Starboard. No question on direction. Last race was fun.
This one looks like a blast as well. I can see many good places to crash :lol
Thanks to you all for including us. 
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_DarkWolf

You can probobly tell by the starting position markers on one side of the start/finish line. We usually line up facing it...I think...

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

Ok, is the red going to be on the left and blue on right indicating that your with the flow or agents it?  :happy-112:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

Z and Frag with the exception of Fraggs tracks which are not going to use this season, those colored markers are only used to indicate something up ahead like a turn or out of line marker. THE ONLY way to judge the direction is on what side of the start/finish line the starter marker on the pavement is on. So we line up on those white tags on the ground, put or nose of the aircraft on one facing the start line, that is the direction of flight. Fraggs has spent the time to make it easy to judge direction, and our tracks are so old and far to many of them to change and make marker for direction. We are evaluating Fraggs tracks for further use and i will be posting them for all to run and give their opinion on them. He has some real interesting tracks and should be fun to run.

_AH_Lippy

Man oh Man was there some real good races going on even though this was a bit tough for the first track. I can not over state the importance of engines idling UNTIL you see the three -GO--GO--GO-. There were some extremely close calls on the starts of these three races. When you see the letters then full power do not anticipate the start I will PENALIZE for anticipation. With that said here are the results.

Heat 1

1 DarkWolf      15
2 Lippy            12
3 Jack              10
4 GatlinGun       9  WARNING when going out of bounds you must make all effort to renter at the place of first exit, because you did not gain any advantage you were not penalized.
5 FraggMan       8
6 Olds               7
7 Z5o                6
8 GhostBear      5
9 BBQHead       4

Heat 2

1 Lippy           16
2 DarkWolf     13
3 Z5o              11
4 GhostBear    10
5 Jack               9
6 Olds              7
7 GatlinGun      6
8 FraggMan     5
9 BBQHead      4

Heat 3

1 DarkWolf     17
2 BBQHead     14  Warning extremely close on going out of bounds gave you the benefit of the dought
3 GatlinGun     12
4 Olds             11
5 Jack             10
6 FraggMan     9
7 Z5o              8
8 Lippy            7
9 GhostBear   6

Season Standings

1 DarkWolf    45
2 Lippy          35
3 Jack            29  Well done Jack on 3rd - Warning you made it thru a race without a warning
4 GatlinGun   27
5 Z5o            25
6 Olds           25
7 FraggMan   22
8 BBQHead    22
9 GhostBear  21

Well done gents, and Honorary Mention goes out to _AH_Jack for most improved ~S~ Bro.

_AH_fraggmann

All of my race courses are available on M4T.
You will find them under Racing Maps or here :lol-029:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=582
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Jack

_AH_DarkWolf

Posting your tracks before I post mine, that's a warning Jack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jq06al8x5arcvx/Apr23Tracks.zip?m=

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Sorry for the delay in posting this track, I was working on it last night and wound up having some personal issues too deal with.  :bomb-034: I will in the future post these tracks I am hoping on time.  :CC I will post the results of this weeks race on Sat.  Anyway the track is Flat Out and the aircraft is The P-51A 1942. This track has several cross overs and is fairly easy to fly so we can have a break from the first two tough tracks. There are two warnings the first is a hair pin turn the other are tanks that mark invisible trees so fly above the tanks. I hope that all enjoy this track, and all get across the finish line to give us some good racing. I dont think this a long track so 4 laps should be good. If anyone thinks this is too long and will put us too late in the evening please let me know and I can modify it accordingly.  :happy-112:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7cd999872472e6dc#cid=7CD999872472E6DC&id=7CD999872472E6DC!2181

Heat 1 - 2 laps
Heat 2 - 3 laps
Heat 3 - 4 laps

_AH_Lippy

Wow that was messier than I thought it would be. Glad to have a simple track for this coming race, these first two where tough ones. here are the results for race #2
Race 2

Heat 1

1 Lippy          15
2 Archie         12
3 GhostBear  10
4 Jack              9
5 Olds             8
6 BBQHead     7
7 FraggMan    6
8 DarkWolf     5

Heat 2

1 DarkWolf    16
2 GhostBear  13 
3 FraggMan   11 
4 Archie         10
5 BBQHead     9
6 Lippy           8
7 Olds             7
8 Jack             6

Heat 3

1 DarkWolf    17
2 GhostBear  14
3 BBQHead    12
4 FraggMan   11
5 Jack            10
6 Olds             9
7 Lippy            8
8 Archie           7

Race Standings

1 DarkWolf     38
2 GhostBear   37
3 Lippy           31
4 Archie          29
5 BBQHead    28
6 FraggMan   28
7 Jack            25
8 Olds           24

Season Standings

1 DarkWolf    89
2 Lippy          61
3 GhostBear  58
4 Jack            54
5 BBQHead    50
5 FraggMan   50
6 Olds            49
7 Archie         29
8 GatlinGun   27
9 Z5o            25

I am seeing the tops of the bottom of valley's getting cut making you too high, disqualifying racers of their first place finish's.

Honorary Mention goes too GhostBear for his come back, Ghost you are definitely scarey good.

I apologize to DW for being overly critical on him, i gave his first place win back to him on the second heat. He barely cleared one tower and it was in awkward spot, and I did state that I would show some leniency due to the difficulty. If any of the points don't add up please don't mention it.  :lol

_AH_DarkWolf

Wow, I thought the rule of thumb was 3 consecutive towers high.

DW

_AH_taldrg

~S~
    WOW!  Looks like someone missed their nape before the race.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Taking your ball and going home is never a solution, Fraggmann.

We need to make sure going forward that everybody knows the rules and they are applied evenly to everyone. (I say that not only as a competitor but especially as a judge.)  Then no one should have an issue with being penalized. It get's messy when you start getting into the grey area of lenicency where some rules don't have any and others do to differing degrees.

DW