Next SEOW Campaign

Started by _AH_Twenty, June 08, 2010, 02:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH__SKATtrash

Sorry Moby, but being a Canuk I thought you would understand the new American political preference of letting others make decisions for you.

By the way; how old are your daughters and how much Lays are in your possession?

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Sorry for the delay, I have been really busy so I tried to obtain a completed template from SEOWHQ but unable. However after to talking to Brandle at SEOWHQ he sugusted the Prokhorovka map and a template that he thought worked well. If this sounds OK, it will be quick to load up.

MAP:Prokhorovka

Date: 25 March, 1943

Description TANK FIGHTERS  By Draughluin / Warg 

SCENARIO:
It has been a year of victory and defeat for the combatants on the Eastern Front. The Wehrmacht's headlong advance to Stalingrad. Its subsequent defeat and retreat in the face of the relentless Soviet steamroller. Of late, FM. Gen. Manstein's brilliant counter offensive on the Donetz has rescued the situation and the Germans now hold the initiative. Having rolled up the Soviet 6th Army and smashed the 3rd Russian Tank Army, Manstein now plans to complete the third and final stage of his counter offensive. Namely, to drive north from Belgorod into the flank of Soviet Gen. Golikov's over extended forces within the Kursk salient. At the same time, FM. Gen. von Kluge and Army Group Centre will attack the northern side of the bulge. But it must take place before the "Raspituta" (spring thaw) intervenes, turning conditions to mud. Manstein has assembled forces to gain local superiority at point of contact, necessary for a breakthrough. The Luftwaffe is ready to assist. Stavka, recognising the danger, is rushing forces into the Kursk salient and consolidating the area. Scratch forces are assembled in blocking positions to oppose the anticipated northward thrust by Manstein's Army Group South.

The Soviets must hold Kursk. Failure to do so will ensure stalemate and the victories following Stalingrad will come to naught.

For the Germans, a failure to eliminate the Kursk bulge will hold dire consequences for future operations.

Victory is determined by which side controls the most zones where a yellow highway bisects the map. Disputed zones are not counted. Irrespective of these conditions, if the Germans control either Oboyan, Prokhorovka or Starly Oskol, then their worst result is draw. Control of two of these towns gives them victory. Control of all three towns sends the red commisar to the coldest gulag in Siberia. Likewise, the Germans must hold Belgorod. Failure to retain it, is a disaster. It ensures an automatic loss, a trial for treason followed by a Gestapo firing squad at the Reichstag.   

_AH_MOAB

~S~ Twenty I would like to assist with the mission creation for what ever side I am on.  I am on C flight! 

Thanks!!

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

The test mission has been emailed to Jack. This test will be run using HSFX, so remember to switch.

Twenty

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I liked everything about the test run.  I really liked, but don't understand, the BIG differance in the fire power of the aircraft guns. I shot down 3 and my guns just tore them apart. Also (1) was a lead shot that never works in the other missions. The gunnery in HSAP(or what ever it is)is really great. Wish we had it in the other missions we fly.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

I missed the test mission..

What are the Rules of Engagement for this campaign?  Are they posted somewhere?

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Here are the rules of engagement (Rev 1). please review so we can adjust as required.

Flights

Axis = A and B flight

Allied = C and D flight

SEOW MP SETTINGS.

Initial Campaign Intelligence is set at 0%.

Fog of War (FOW) will be off for this campaign.

Recon Decay Rate = 10% per Mission

Front Lines are drawn by strategic control.

Limit of Allied/Axis Aircraft per Mission = 25

Limit of Allied/Axis  Platoons per Mission = 30

Truncated Ground Mission Duration is enabled.

Fuel Consumpsion Rate = Historical

Industrial Production is enabled and set to only produce material in the template.

Automatic Bridge Repair is enabled with a bridge repair time of 2 hours.

Lenth of Campaign.

Campaign will start at 0700 and progress to 1900hrs. (Unless a clock advance is required) Missions will not be flown at night.

Victory Conditions.

Victory is determined by which side controls the most control points. Disputed zones are not counted. If the Germans control either Oboyan, Prokhorovka or Starly Oskol, then their worst result is a draw. Control of two of these towns gives them victory. Germans must hold Belgorod.

Control Points.

To capture a Control Point you must move units into the town (see Terriorial Control below)
The unit must stay in the town that you capture for it to remain under your control.

Territorial Control = 4 Platoons or 10 Trucks/Cars or 6 regular Infantry or 6 Mechanical Infantry or 6 Tanks or 6 Flak/Arty Guns

Control Point Radius 5.0km

Axis Control Points are placed at Belgorod.

Allied Control Points are placed at Oboyan, Prokhorovka or Starly Oskol

Mission Duration.

All planners to restrict planning to mission duration of 60 minutes.

All AI aircraft movements will be restricted by the MP to 60 minutes.

All ground movements will be restricted by the MP to 60 minutes.

Mission cycle time for SE will be 1 hr. i.e First mission launches at 0700, second mission will launch at 0800.

GENERAL RULES

All missions will be run using HSFX.

Enemy external views are not allowed.

Ground units must follow the road system where possible. Movement of ground units over open ground is acceptable
Where a bridge is available ground units must use it. If the bridge is down ground units may traverse open ground but can not cross forests or rivers.

After 60 minutes into the mission human flown aircraft will dissingage, turn Nav light on and RTB. It is allowable to defend yourself from AI aircraft but not to attack.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks, Twenty.  Looks good to me.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All Mission one has been downloaded and emailed to Jack. Remember to switch to HSFX for the mission.

_AH_Twenty

~S~

The Event log has been uploaded and the Stats updated for mission 1.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. If anyone is getting a warning about IE becoming unresponsive because of a script taking al ong time to run when they're at the SEOW site,

Here's a link to the Fix.. http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B175500&x=12&y=11#FixItForMeAlways

Scroll down to "Fix it for me" and then click run when the file download dialogue box pops up asking to save or run then, accept the agreement and it should install and that warning shouldn't bother you anymore. 

Also, if you can't seem to file a pilot report.. Load a Letter sector rather than the whole District..THen click on Logistics, Pilot Reports, Create a Pilot Report.. 

_AH_Olds

Allied mission is complete and ready to merge.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_CO_Coyote

Every kick in the butt is a step forward...

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Mission 2 has been downloaded, I am not sure who will be hosting tonight, we will figure that out later.

_AH_z5o

Divorce granted,  :bomb-034: See you can learn something from old music.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.