Recon Reports - SEOW Sardegna

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, May 06, 2011, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

I'm starting this thread as a simple way of submitting recon reports for the SEOW Sardegna campaign. If you guys are'nt aware, recon of ground forces in these SEOW scenarios is very important. If you see enemy ground forces somewhere, make a note of it and please report them here. (Or in the SEOW planner using the recon reports feature if you know how to do that)

Being as specific as you can regarding what you see will be of great help. Try and include as much of the following information as possible.

Mission # - Please indicate during what mission you made these observations.

Location - Grid and keypad location of the forces you have spotted. If possible determine whether they are stationary or moving, if so in which direction. Also include any tidbits of info that might help us find them again. (ie on the road, north of the road, outside the city to the west, etc)

Composition - A rough estimate of the numbers of enemy units present. Any information regarding the makeup of the enemy forces would be great. Are they tanks? Trucks? Ships? Please report any AA fire you observe in the area which might indicate the number of guns present and the color of their tracer so we might be able to determine their calibre.

So if you spot something and have a chance, jot the info down during the mission and report it. It will help greatly.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~

I saw something.. 

A few ground targets around the city of Nuoro or was it Nouro.. or Duoro?   I'm not sure but i think they were stationary... I couldn't tell, but they were shooting at me.  Can't give a firm count either, but i'm gonna say I got a lock on at least 2 outside the city, and 2 inside the city. 

Didn't write em down, so i don't have a grid.  But I think you know the city I'm talking about, it was the 2nd target area we were attacking in the 1st mission.

Didn't get to recon much further west along the enemy lines, like we wanted to, onaccounta  enemy flights in the area.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ As usual I was flying BBQs wing(he just lets me do this)and as he went in on target I was shot down. My report is this. There were no AAA tracers going to him or me. There were no enemy aircraft in the area. Just holes in the windscreen and I was done for. I know how to dodge AAA and very seldom am hit by ground fire. Sompin wrong some place.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Rgr BB, I think we got all the targets in the area of Dorgali. We got some outside Nuoro too. (they are in the stats, though there are no destroyed icons on the map  :thinking-008:) Most likely the ones inside the city were the factories and fuel tanks, I did'nt get a chance to look closely at it myself.

TD, the stats show you were shot down by a 37mm AA gun. Not seeing the AA tracers can happen sometimes. Perhaps the size of the mission, the numbers of human pilots in it or just plain lag can cause that to happen. I'm sure we've all experienced it one time or another.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

I would like to look at the map, but as far as i can remember,  i have no username or password for it..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Foxbat

S~

There was a large ground convoy on the road along the coast just North of the town BB's group was over.

TD, it was a flak gun in that town that got you. It shows it on the track although its tracer fire was faint.

I was running HSFX with no mods active and all of the enemy planes appeared to me as smoking.

As I watched the track, it shows as well and it appears that the 109's I looked at were smoking the
same as if fuel mix is too rich. Its coming from their exhausts.

It was just a bad place to be when our flight got engaged. I started off a bit confused by the
smoking planes attacking and our position was poor. Diving Veteran 109's are tough.
We"ll have to be mindful of that and be  careful about how we work them. If your already at 4K
meters and they are above you better head for the deck.
The P-40 just didn't want to turn and was very sluggish as I picked up speed trying to dive away.

Enjoyed it anyway and looks like we learn as we go. Good stuff.

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Foxbat on May 07, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
Diving Veteran 109's are tough.

According to the post mission stats, there were eleven ace 109s destroyed during that mission. I thought they were supposed to be all veteran, so I don't know if thats accurate or not. I've asked Twenty about it. It shows all of our air combat losses were too ace pilots. So we'll see what the deal is.

DW

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

The Axis mission planning is complete for the mission scheduled for the 12th.

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Mission 2 has been dowloaded and emailed to Jack for tonights mission.

Twenty

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

Something Stinks in Sardinia mission #2 has been uploaded and is ready for pilot reports to be entered.

You can check out the stats for the mission here:

http://kenglandco1.web144.discountasp.net/SEOW/MP4public/Statistics/Sardegna/index.html

Twenty

_AH_DarkWolf

It appears the airborne mission did not work. I did a little reading on it, under the "Plotting an Air Mission" it says :

"Paratrooper (A)ssault - Again, your transport aircraft can only have one assault waypoint per flight, and only if it is already carrying at least one paratroop-enabled unit. Human pilots of these flights must toggle wingtip smoke to execute the drop. Some transport aircraft also have paratroop loadouts. Feel free to pickle these too, but make sure you toggle smoke at the same time."

We were looking at this wednesday night :

"Any ground unit can be designated as a paratroop unit by giving it a non-zero Paratroop value in Object_Specifications. By default a few MG units and spies are listed as paratroop units. Only paratroop units can be used in paratrooper assault missions. Paratroop units have "(paratroop)" in their tooltips."

So the transport had to be loaded with a unit with a "Paratroop" tag. Looking around the map, the only units we have with that tag are some spies and they are all in ships out to sea.

I'm not seeing any ship kills in the stats, did none of the P-39s get a ship?

DW

_AH_Twenty

~S~
I should be able to change the "Object_Specifications table" to add paratroper units, just let me know what you want.

Twenty

_AH_Twenty

~S~ All

There are a few things I probably didn't mention regarding hosting a SEOW mission.

1, We all have to remember to remind Jack to delete the content of the eventlog before loading the mission!

2, If the mission was loaded and then restarted the eventlog can (and I think should) have the first attempt info in it. But if we go back to Hyperlobby the content of the eventlog should be deleted before the mission  launch.

3, The mission files can not be altered in any way. The SEOW program creates the mission and expects a specific eventlog to be uploaded, and if the mission was altered the created eventlog will not match. Do not change the file names or any content.

Twenty

_AH_taldrg

~S~ It looks like my PC cannot handle SEOW. The first mission I was shot down by AAA that did not appear on my screen and the last on I was on BBQ's wing with outside view looking at our 6 and out of nowhere an enemy appeared and shot off my tail section. The plane just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Go figure.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Nimble

Dont feel too bad TD......I was shot down by trees that appeared out of nowhere... go figure that one..lol