Jan 21... A DealnDave Mission

Started by _AH_BBQhead, January 15, 2009, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

DealnDave

S~ All,

Due to my mic / headset failure, can someone volunteer to lead tonights mission?  I'll be hosting and due to the amout of seats (32) and length of mission (70+ min) this sould be another good test based on last nite's slot test.  I'll run my connect speed at "ISDN" speed....all other pilots set your connect speed to "56k".

Also, all _AH_ will have priority on this mission as I will set the standard _AH_ password.  I'll only open the mission up if we are short pilots.   Mission start time will be 8:00pm EST.

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

Skat ended up hosting last night at his highest speed while all joiners changed to 56K.

ISDN is a blazing 128K... about twice the speed of dial up.. 

just an fyi...   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_DealnDave on January 21, 2009, 12:29:36 PM
S~ All,

Due to my mic / headset failure, can someone volunteer to lead tonights mission?  I'll be hosting and due to the amout of seats (32) and length of mission (70+ min) this sould be another good test based on last nite's slot test. 

S! Dave:

I'll volunteer if no one else does.  But, I'd prefer to back-seat it, letting someone else volunteer first.  You can pencil me in as an incompetent "emergency" mission leader if absolutely no one else is available.

DealnDave

S~ All,

BBQ....I have cable broadband so my connect is normally pretty good.  Guess we'll see tonight   :lol-029:

Moggy, Thanks....so far your the only one that has stepped up.  I got a new mic today, however if the new mic doesn't work..you'll be the man   :lol-029:

DealnDave

S~ All,

Thank you for your support last night we had 22 pilots who started the mission.  The missioin was a bit laggy at the start due to the amount of shipping used, 5 carriers + escourt vessels.  Once out of carrier range the lag dropped consideriably.  When the group encountered the enemy planes again we has some lag, probably due to the 60+ enemy planes heading toward our ships. 

Our guys fought through the lag and destroyed all but a single Val.  I beleive we only lost two aircraft to enemy fire.  One aircraft (Doc) had a bad engine hit and could not return to home plate.  He was vectored back to the carriers.  Then a very young deckman that had not gone through aircraft identifaction class, shot Doc with a .30mm cannon as his plane grabbed the No. 3 wire just as he trapped on the deck.  His plane exploded killing him instantly.

The rest of the group was able to reach home plate without incident   :cool:  Well done all !!!!!!!

I'll have VF-17 mission #3 ready for next Wenesday for those intrested.  Same "Bat Time, same Bat Channel"   :lol-053:

_AH_Gonzo

Great mission Dave (and not only because I didn't get creamed either!)

Just for info, I had a great conbnection to the game you were hosting last with a ping of about half of usual.

Ty again for the mission.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

DealnDave

S~ All,

Thanks Gonzo, I think the guys that had a tough lag issue were the guys using DSL or a lower broadband connect speed.  I will say this though, when the host was set to the "ISDN" speed and the clients were set to the "56k" speed, we did not loose anyone due to any puter issues, i.e. "transfering mission"   :cool:

_AH_Moggy

It was a great mission.  I have no idea what bug I got up my @$$ that made me sound off against reading the brief.  I do weird things sometimes (no, honest, really I do!).  Next time let's read it with appropriate background music;  it was probably the best-written brief I've ever seen!

DealnDave

S~ All,

Thanks Moggy...much appreicated.  Don't sweat the reading thing...will only do it if the majority would like to hear it read aloud. 

BBQ...last night I tried to post next weeks mission info to the new thread, but I did not have "reply" authority.  Can you check, thanks Sir !!.

_AH_Toccs

Got through the mission, but connection or machine was very unstable.  May have been a combination of both.

I request Moggy rap the next brief. Background music: Kayne West's " She aint nothin but a gold digger".   

_AH_Moggy

_AH_Gonzo

Oh yeah, what the heck was wrong with my reading A Flt Lead? I even improvised some of it for comedic effect! You can look for some one else in your flight to stall and fall onto in the next mission Moggy!

(tongue)

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on January 23, 2009, 08:48:12 PM
Oh yeah, what the heck was wrong with my reading A Flt Lead? I even improvised some of it for comedic effect! You can look for some one else in your flight to stall and fall onto in the next mission Moggy!

(tongue)

I know, I know.  Me culpa.  I didn't meant to interrupt your quite silver-tongued, passionate, flowing, spirited, eloquent, fervent, and effective oratory, Gonz.  I wish I could do it over.  Let's just pretend it didn't happen, and agree that you're first up for next Wednesday's "reading."  Agreed? (6)