Eagle Squadron Campaign Operations

Started by DealnDave, October 21, 2009, 11:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~, Zip, I love the mission. It was totly crazy. Those AI's were unbeleaveable, they just wouldnt give up. I loved it. I let my guard down on the way back and BLAM!! I got nealed, but, hey. I didnt see any silk from him and I came down a a really kewl beach that was serving MiTi's and steamed clams. All jokeing aside, it was killer. OH! Hogan, you maybe Purty when you die, but, I just flat sexy when I crash,,, smoken hot tobe exact ; )
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks for leading, Zip.  I didn't really do much more than pop onto your channel and let you know what i was seeing on radar.   

Not unusual to be a little nervous first time taking the command duties for a campaign mission. Nice job hanging in there even though you had the ready screen glitch. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Gonzo

Don't beat yourself up about it Zip. I think you did a great job for your first time out as Mission CO! It was said during the debrief, if any Flight had of engaged those bombers, they would have gotten nailed.

As it turned out, your plan cost us a radar station and a few of Hurricanes. It cost the Germans about 3 squadrons of fighter aircraft and lot of their senior (Better) pilots. All in all, I think we came out on top.

S~

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Twisted

I agree Gonzo and BBQ!

The Mission builder (Deal'nDave) threw us a huge sinking curve ball. All in all the game plane worked IMO.

~S~

DealnDave

DealnDave

***WARNING ORDER***

Mission Date:  Tues Nov 24th 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

Gruppe I (A / B Flights)
    Gruppe II (C / D Flights)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_Ring

Mission brief to be posted Saturday, 21st November.

MISSION HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:  

On This Day:

The enemy launched two attacks in the East Kent and Thames Estuary area.  Activity apart from this was limited to a few reconnaissance flights mainly off the East Coast.  During engagements with the enemy, our fighters destroyed 36 aircraft (plus 22 probable and 17 damaged).  Our casualties amounted to 23 aircraft of which 11 pilots, killed or missing.

South East:

At 09:30 hours, two raids of enemy aircraft gathered behind the Calais area.  One raid split off to the north and crossed the coast near Sheerness.  Another raid crossed the coast between Folkstone and Hastings.  Both Detling and West Malling aerodromes were attacked.  During the attack, bombs were dropped on hangers and airfield facilities causing major damage and fires. Some grounded aircraft are believed to have been destroyed.

Currently the "Uploads" for our web site is not working.  I will upload the mission package once it's up and running.

Mission Brief can be Downloaded here:  http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/ESC%20Mission%205%20Brief

DealnDave

***WARNING ORDER***

Mission Date:  Tues Dec 1st 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

FLIGHT ASSIGNMENTS:

No. 1 Section (A Flight)
    No. 2 Section (B Flight)
    No. 3 Section (C Flight)
    No. 4 Section (D Flight)

*  Mission Commander = _AH_Taldrg

Mission brief to be posted Friday, 27th November.

MISSION HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:  

On This Day:

Three main attacks were launched during the day, all in the South Coast of England, and the Thames Estuary area.  During the morning, a raid approached Portland, but no attack developed.   A few small raids in the Bristol/North Wales/Liverpool areas and one raid appeared near Leicester and flew out to sea near Tangmere.   During engagements with the enemy, our fighters destroyed 44 enemy aircraft (plus 20 probable and 17 damaged).  Our casualties amounted to 22 aircraft, of which 7 pilots are killed or missing.

South East:

Third Attack: 17:45 - 18:45 hours.  Two raids each of some 50 enemy aircraft, crossed the coast between Sheerness towards the Thames Estuary.  The main target was Hornchurch aerodrome.   Squadrons were detailed to meet this attack by 11 Group, and one Squadron over North Weald and Hornchurch from 12 Group.   It is reported that after this attack two ME110's landed almost undamaged.

Mission can be downloaded here:  http://cid-e03b9451bd4b6b4e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/ESC%20%5E36

_AH_Twisted

BoB Scoreboard and After Action Report pages updated!

~S~

DealnDave

S~ All,

Twist...points look good, however the Sorties and kills don't appear to be updated.  Also, in the AAR sections for mission's 4&5...they are noted as Mission #3 in both.

_AH_Twisted

~S~ Dave,

The kills and sorties were missing mission 5, yeah for interruptions  doh. However the AA reports were correct. Not sure why you are seeing what you are seeing. I double checked hitting refresh and I'm not seeing what you are there.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Twist the headers are correct listing the missions, however in the actual mission text area for both missions #4 & #5...the text lists mission #3

_AH_Twisted

Ah Ok figured it out. Sorry about that. I was comparing the actual report. I didn't see at the top of each report is where you were referring to.

fixed.

~S~

DealnDave

S~ All,

I noticed the Eagle Squadron Campaign is not listed on the calender, so I just wanted to remind everyone that Mission #6 is a go.

Mission Date:  Tues Dec 1st 2009
Mission Briefing Start Time:  9:00p.m. EST
Mission Start Time:  9:30 p.m. EST
Mission length:  est 60 minutes

Mission Commander: _AH_Taldrg

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Don't be late. This is the BIG one tonight.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Well done TD for your first shot at Mission Commander....well flown by all   :drinking-43: