Friday Night Flights!

Started by Foxbat, December 12, 2008, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

Is that 8:30 EST? Got some things to do, and don't want to miss it.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

Foxbat

S!

The 2nd test of the missions for our Friday Night Flights went pretty well. We started with a little problem with takeoffs on the Axis side. I had not tested takeoffs from stationary carriers carrying a
torp and it proved to be difficult with the Japanese planes. Corrected it by putting SBD's in place for
the the axis planes and we flew it that way.
Future missions may require something similar but will always try to use authentic A/C for these battles. Shouldn't be a problem at all on land bases.

We did a good job with the spawning and keeping track. That will get smoother as it goes.
A couple questions came up about the spawns. We agreed that when we run the real missions that any negative points you get or crashes you have, if they are not caused by a PC glitch they count.
If a pilot has a glitch, inform the mission commander and then respawn.

I managed to pull the points from last nights test using BBQ's track method and they are listed below. I did not deduct the points for the collision on the allied side at the end. The formal scoring will have a little more detail.

AXIS                                   ALLIED
                                                 ______                                ________

Game points            1,997                                   1,720

Bonus landing points         350                                      300

Totals                  2,347                                  2,020

Notes: Was not able to retrieve Rumely's score. None of the flights were eligable for the 500 point spawn/high score bonus.

Will be ready to start with our first official mission Friday after next.
A week ahead of time I'll roll the dice for the flight matchups to set the sides. I'll post the results and ask for a mission Commander for each side along with a backup for each. You will then be emailed the brief package. I'll also pick from some volunteers who can host, to send the actual mission to, as a backup each week.

Thanks to all for the testing help and any mission builders for these are welcomed to have a go.

Foxbat

Salute all. Mission 1 for Friday Night Flights is set. We will fly our first mission Friday January 16th. Start time will be 8:30 pm central.
In this mission, A and C Flights will fly against B and D flights. We will need to select a Mission Commander for each side at this time.
Volunteers first to post in this thread will be accepted. I will send out the mission brief package as soon as we have the commanders set.

_AH_Moggy

S! Foxbat:

Since I don't get to act as M/C for any of the "slot" missions, I'll volunteer for M/C for the 19th, but only if no one else wants it.  I'll be happy to step aside to let any of the "young turks" go to bat!  So, if anyone from "A" or "C" Flights would like to do it, please step up.  I won't feel stepped on.  Honest!

Moggy

(Really, honest I won't)

Foxbat

S! Rgrt Moggy. I will send off the brief as soon as I get a CO for B and D Flights. If you line someone else up for it just forward it to them.  C'mon fellers don't be shy, its just like when you were a kid playing with the plastic armymen! Its a whole lot of fun and nobody really gets killed. Just a few melted little green dudes who went down hard for the cause is all.

Sign up today and you'll recieve a free bonus gift of a sensational CD release featuring the AH choir performing all your holiday favorites.

CAINT TOUCH DAT!

_AH_BBQhead

S~..

has any one ever read the story of henny penny? 

i'm always ready to take the reins if need be.. but as i get to lead anytime.. i am also more than willing to step aside for some one else to have at it..

o yea.. there is also a chance that i'll not make it that night... i should know a few days before then though..   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~. In reviewing the layout for Friday night Flights..  i see that Skat is attached to A flight, Jack to B flight and myself to C flight..

so Moggy has command of A=C side for this round..

We still need some one from B or D flights to volunteer to lead them.. or i guess they could just fly around aimlessly..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Olds

OK, I'll throw my name in for D flight...hope I don't get us all killed.. :hahaha-024:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

Foxbat

Rgrt Olds. Thanks for stepping up. The brief has been sent S!

_AH_Stiffy

ok ill follow Olds, although i was planing :lol-029: a nice aimless flight

_AH_Moggy

S! Foxbat:

Do we know which sides A+C vs. B+D will be flying next Friday?

Also, do we know the aircraft list available?

Thanks,

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~..Nice form, Olds.. Salute. 

good questions, Moggy.   

aww  :censored-015:.. i just realized i'm probably not getting one of the free cd's now.  :sad-056:

Foxbat

S!
Doh! I just realized the planes were not listed in the brief. For the Allies, A and C flights will be flying B-25-J's and Spitfire MKII vb's.
The axis, B and D flights will be flying HE-111 H6's and Bf-109f4's.

Each week I roll some dice to setup the mission flights. Its possible that it might happen where the same teams fly 2 in a row if it comes up that way.

I will put out notice of the flight teams the Saturday after each mission. And then name mission commanders as soon after as  we can. Should have the brief a good 4-5 days to go over.

Would be nice to get some guys willing to command lined up ahead of time. Sign up here if you want a go at it gents.

Stiffy, can I put you on the list for a later mission?

_AH_Deviant

Count me in as mission commander for NEXT (not this) week. :cool: