who is _AH_GSENN?

Started by _AH_Tagert, October 31, 2009, 01:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moby

_AH_Tagert,

Respectfully, I have never had an issue with you or ever hope to.  I do take offense to the fact that you think you can spare the good name of _AH_ by logging in and representing yourself as someone else under the _AH_ logo.  I don't remember asking you to spare any part of the organisation I belong to from any scrutiny or issues, that you or anyone may have had before they put on the _AH_ uniform.  The group that I choose to belong to will not only deal with any issues appropriately, but will stand any scrutiny by virtue of the conduct of it's current members.  

If your past is THAT volatile in the online community that we as a Squadron choose to associate, so be it.  If you choose to be a member in this squad, just as I do, understand that there is certain standard or level of member conduct that is not only prescribed, but strived to be attained and maintained by all who choose be members of _AH_.

As a fellow squad mate, I recommend you disengage the GSENN tag, wear the Tagert tag and disregard the past issues as simply the past.   The C.O. has obviously put it to you a bit too nicely in my opinion.   And yes, I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I believe someone should say what needs to be said.  

I am available almost any nite if you would like to talk about this on comms.

_AH_Moby  

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ This is the silliest conversation i've ever seen.. I think there are a few misperceptions going on..

First misperception is most likely stemming from a poorly worded  couple of sentences in the opening post.
Basically stating that you'll appear as _AH_GSENN so " That way I can enjoy uninterrupted attacks from some guys who still has his panties in a wad from me pointing out an error he made 5 years ago."

Which sounds to me like you're saying you enjoy ongoing long term continual arguments and intend to continue them.

I had to read your post several times to figure out what you were trying to say.

You asked for thoughts on the subject, and they were given.  And since the question was easy to misunderstand, the responses weren't to the question you were asking and so didn't make sense to you. And now your replies are sounding as though you do enjoy an arguement..

All  this over some miscommunication.. 

Cease fire.. we're all on the same team..

It's not that unusual to see a name change from time to time.

So it sounds to me like you've changed your name to _AH_GSENN in hyperlobby in order to avoid those that want to keep coming at you in the chat...not because you enjoy it...

So yes, your name should be changed here as well.. otherwise it will cause confusion, and the question of "who is  _AH_GSENN?" will get old after it's been asked and answered many many times and then asked some more - in true AH style.

And yes.. when you feel the need to go at it in hyperlobby, then yes, thanks for dropping the _AH_. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_Moggy on October 31, 2009, 08:15:02 PM
S! Tagert:

Well, here's my .02.  You're a member of AH & your call sign is _AH_Tagert.
Currently in the AH forums it is, but in HyperLobby I changed it to _AH_GSENN

You should not feel the need to mask that for any reason, certainly not to elude some idiot(s) in HL chat.  I think you should keep your call sign as-is.
Well I don't feel I need to for my sake, I feel I need to for 'AH' sake. I don't want my past to reflect on the AH squad in any way shape or form. You guys don't need my baggage associated with you in any way shape or form.

If you respond to any of the idiots as AH_GSENN, it will be patently obvious who's responding.  And doing so as "Tagert," en lieu of _AH_Tagert (so as merely not to be in AH uniform) would likely fool no one either.
Not trying to fool anyone, and I don't plan on responding to any idiots of any size or shape while logged in as _AH_GSENN.

IMHO, the best policy is straight, up-front honesty.  You can choose whether to respond to taunts, if you must.  I would not myself dignify any mere taunt or insult by responding, but that's just me.  There is nothing barring you from responding to falsehoods or the like just because you're in "AH uniform." I have done so on occasion on HL -- usually to correct a blatant factual untruth.
I hear ya, but, I got 18+ years of pissed off people who would go out of their way just to take a swipe at me at any moment in time. That is why I fly under different handles in HL, in that I go to HL, like you, to have a good time with my buds. When I log in as Tagert it is like a magnet for smacktards who still have not go over the fact that they were wrong and that I was the guy who pointed it out. They will go as far as to make up things just to try and take a swipe at me. I don't go to HL for that, I go there, like you, to have a good time, relax hang with the buds.

My guess is that ignoring taunts will result (as already mentioned) in these people eventually going away.  Do, though, remember that you're in AH uniform when you do respond.  Respond icily, sharply, incisively, wittily, & convincingly.  Try not to be caustic, insulting, malicious, or the like, and quite likely things will not get out-of-hand.
I hear ya, and yes 9 out of 10 times it gets out of hand. Which is why I don't fly under the Tagert handle.

When I first joined, I told Hogan I was planing on creating _AH_GSENN as my handle, but, after talking to him and thinking about it I figured, maybe he is right, enough time has passed such that no one will care about getting a rib in on old Tagert. Well, turns out that is not the case. So while in HL for AH sake more than mine I will fly under _AH_GSENN.

And know that I don't necessarily go looking for trouble, if I want to set someone straight about something I will usually do it in the forum where it originated. But a lot of times the forums bleed over into HL. In such cases I will take off the _AH_GSENN uni and log in as Tagert to set said smacktard straight once again.

For a recent example which I speak see these link

http://www.flightsimtesting.com/fst/il2/types/tsaa/4.09b1UI1.2/P-51D-5NT/=PT=Erkki_DONT_KNOW_JACK.pdf

NOTE at that time I was logged in as _AH_Tagert and wala that smacktard =PT=Erkki saw it and ran with it. After that exchange is when I decided the AH label does not need this kind of nonsense associated with it, and thus the handle change

But, If I were myself in your position, I would not switch call-signs.  (stepping off soap box now...)
Well, all I can say is over the past 18+ years I have made a lot of enemies, so, after walking in my Tagert shoes for a week or two you might change your mind! ;)

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_Moby on October 31, 2009, 08:38:13 PM
_AH_Tagert,

Respectfully, I have never had an issue with you or ever hope to.  I do take offense to the fact that you think you can spare the good name of _AH_ by logging in and representing yourself as someone else under the _AH_ logo.  I don't remember asking you to spare any part of the organisation I belong to from any scrutiny or issues, that you or anyone may have had before they put on the _AH_ uniform.  The group that I choose to belong to will not only deal with any issues appropriately, but will stand any scrutiny by virtue of the conduct of it's current members.  

If your past is THAT volatile in the online community that we as a Squadron choose to associate, so be it.  If you choose to be a member in this squad, just as I do, understand that there is certain standard or level of member conduct that is not only prescribed, but strived to be attained and maintained by all who choose be members of _AH_.

As a fellow squad mate, I recommend you disengage the GSENN tag, wear the Tagert tag and disregard the past issues as simply the past.   The C.O. has obviously put it to you a bit too nicely in my opinion.   And yes, I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I believe someone should say what needs to be said.  

I am available almost any nite if you would like to talk about this on comms.

_AH_Moby  
Thanks Moby!

But, it will just be alot easier on all if I fly under GSENN rater than Tagert.

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 31, 2009, 08:44:37 PM
So it sounds to me like you've changed your name to _AH_GSENN in hyperlobby in order to avoid those that want to keep coming at you in the chat...not because you enjoy it...
Bingo!

Well, to be crystal, I don't enjoy it in HyperLobby. In that we go there to fly and have a good time.

Where as in a forum, I do enjoy pointing out the errors of some smacktard!

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 31, 2009, 08:44:37 PM
So yes, your name should be changed here as well.. otherwise it will cause confusion, and the question of "who is  _AH_GSENN?" will get old after it's been asked and answered many many times and then asked some more - in true AH style.
Cool!

Will do! Ah.. how do I do that? ;)

_AH_BBQhead

S~lol.. you should be able to go to ' profile' and in Account related settings,  change your 'Display name"  that's all it should take.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Tagert

Cool it worked and it even went back and changed my handle on my previous posts!

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Easy as pie. 

And for what it's worth..  I agree with Jack, Moby, and Duff4r.. I would have preferred you kept the name.. but it's  understandable  that you are probably tired of the people that just won't let go and keep harassing you.     

_AH_DarkWolf

I would not myself dignify any mere taunt or insult by responding, but that's just me.

So what are you saying? Our 3 years of friendship lacks dignity? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

The prob with Tag is that he's like a sex offender, no matter where he goes they still find him...

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 31, 2009, 09:16:38 PM
And for what it's worth..  I agree with Jack, Moby, and Duff4r.. I would have preferred you kept the name.. but it's  understandable  that you are probably tired of the people that just won't let go and keep harassing you.     
Well I can deal with it, been for 18+ years, I did it more for all the other AH memebers.. You dont need to be dealing with my groupies! ;)

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on October 31, 2009, 10:30:19 PM
The prob with Tag is that he's like a sex offender, no matter where he goes they still find him...
Not like one.. Just like one!  :happy-112:

_AH_MOAB

Damn I thought his first post was a JOKE.

Better stick to packing boxes.

~S~

_AH_Tagert

Quote from: _AH_MOAB on November 01, 2009, 12:34:35 PM
Damn I thought his first post was a JOKE.

Better stick to packing boxes.

~S~
Nope! 18+ years and counting!

PS mind the paper cuts!

_AH_Olander

In Tag.....er....GSENN's defense, I must say;  it would boggle the mind to read the number of pure hate posts on the UBI forums from Oleg fanbois or ultra nationalists that purely despise his objective observations. 

Yes, I still get upset when I don't believe something is modeled correctly. I throw a fit and curse the very amniotic fluid Oleg was birthed in.  BUT...... I, for one can appreciate that very objectivity and data based decisions Tagert comes up with.  While it may not be what I want to hear it is a LOT more credible than any other vitriol you will read. 

With that said,  there are PLENTY of douchebags out there that cannot see it this way. They have their mind made up and that's that, no negotiations.  The worst I've seen seems to come from the "BLUE" side more often than not. 

I've seen some of the outright rabid posts both in the "diaper" lobby and in the UBI forums as I"m sure some of you may have.  I'd hate to see Tagert change the name but I fully understand why he wants too. 

Be aware that Tag is a straight to point guy and will rub people the wrong way quite frequently.  It is not by design, that's just his personality.   Tag was with us in 214 for a LOOOONG time and I really think a lot of the abuse he gets is also a carry over from the "uniform" he wore.   If you guys have not figured it out by now, we did not have the best reputation for a host of reasons so we were all "guilty" by association..... so to speak. 

Just my interjection.