UP 3.0

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, May 22, 2011, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Johnny

opps just fixed picture...I put the 3.0 in a backup of 2.01 that has the 4.10.1 update in it and it seems to be working fine. Im trying to see if this is a way around using the 3,o and still getting the mods. correct DW I did 2 installs one over a fresh Maddox 1c version and the other over a UP2.01. They both seem to work ok, still need more testing...

...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_DarkWolf

I can't see your picture Johnny. I see it now. That must be cause you installed it into a UP2.01 install?

I installed a fresh copy off the CD and patched up to 4.10.1m, then installed UP3.0 into it and thats all I get.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Ah, I spoke too soon. Read this on the UltraPack site :

"Enabling other Add-ons in UP 3.0 RC

To enable other Addons in UP 3.0 RC in both Clients and DF server you need to create a folder in your IL2 root called #UP# This folder works in the same way like the "old" "MODS" folder. That means you must respect its filestructure. In the UP 3.0 RC download there is a Sample #UP# folder. You can unrar it to your IL2 directory and start adding your addons. Be Careful for crt=2 though since if Server has different addons (or not at all) from Client the a crt=2 timeout error will occur."

I was able to put my UP2.01 MODS folder stuff into this new folder and they seem to work. I wonder if there is something similar for the JSGME stuff or if it's ok or not to just copy the stuff over into 3.0.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

i cant imagine they changed the game structure enough to prevent a lot of eye candy mods and what not from working... i could see some glitches on new planes or similar problems. but for the most part they should all just work as long as there are not directory errors.  (roll) (roll)

_AH_Slikk

Concerning eye candy in UP 3, the problem in any 4.10 game is not the file structure. The problem is that the class file system has been re-worked in 4.10. So even if you put some of your eye candy mods into your mods/JSGEM folders, they still might not work because some of the java files in 4.09 are different than the ones in 4.10. The java/class files are the files that look like this... (0C6BF67CE40D0026) these files are what give you all the cool effects in 4.09 and sense some of these files have been altered in 4.10, some of your effects mods will no longer work in UP 3 which is based on 4.10.

Slikk

_AH_Autorotate

right. well thats a bummer. well hopefully by the time we make the full switch to 3.0 it may have been worked out to make a more visually pleasing flight sim. because 4.10 just doesn't do it for me.

_AH_DarkWolf

Thats a bummer Slikk. I miss the Perfect_Map_Textures, BulletsIntermittentSmoketrail, ModdedCloulds(light) and HUDconfig mods in 3.0. I hope they get re-made for the newer version.

I see now what Boosher is talking about. Some of the Ship Pack ships show up fine in 3.0 but a bunch have been completely replaced and their newer versions will have to be re-added. I wonder if we'll have the same issue with aircraft since they consolidated so many.

DW

_AH_Boosher

It's all there on the UP site guys. This is just the release client. They are currently making those effects mods compatible with UP 3.0, and as they are only eye-candy saw fit to release UP 3.0 as is. They expect to release a patch in a month that enables those eye candy mods as default.

HA_50

:help-sos-sos-29402:  I suggest not adding things to UP3.0 before the final is released. It will only cause you problems in finding any actuall UP3.0 problems. UP3.0RC is still a test version :happy-112:

_AH_z5o

~S~
Well, I installed 4.10,

upgated it to 4.10.01(tested ran ok)

downloaded and installed UP 3.0 RC

Make sure your read;
Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on May 22, 2011, 06:39:42 PM

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/page/readme

After all that, it seemd to run ok on my system
*Widescreen worked fine,

*I tryed JSGME MODs (by thereself);
                 #UP#_Enable_UP3.0
                 #UP#_Enable_WideScreenSupport
both MOD's worked correctly alone. There is no need to run togather. UP3.0 is active in ALL defalt JSGME MOD's

*6DOF, worked fine,(Must be active in (Start/Change) thingie, you'll figure it out

*I didnt realy understand the purpose of the start/change thing that pops up. Im just going to set it to 3.0 and forget it.

*I havent tryed running it online, but, will update this post when I do.

*I do have some concerns over MOD's or should I say the lack of and no, 2.01 MOD's WILL not work correctly on 3.0,,,yet<--note

*Also I cant seem to find the Update/Repair function. Does'nt 3.0 have that  :thinking-008: ?

*Game play; couldnt see any real change

*UP2.01Missions vs. UP3.0; So far I havent been able to get any UP 2.01 "DogFight", Zuti or not, missions to transfer over to 3.0 and work correctly  :thinking-008:

* Wow effect; looks like stock 2.01, not much to see. Im sure playing with the config.ini settings will put the wow back into it.
Updates are coming for that though, soon

*config.INI ; I had to adjust my screen settings to match my desktop settings(just like in UP2.01's config.INI)

But, tobe quite honest, I never understood the settings in the coinfig.ini. So,,, any help on that would be nice

Im needing someones help installing the"switcher". You remember the switcher, we used it when we were testing 2.0. It allowed you to switch from game to game, A/E 4.10m to UP 2.0 back to,,,what ever. I really need to get that running.

Well thats my report on UP 3.0 RC, I will update this post from time to time if needed so please check back from time to time.
S!
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

HA_50

conf Z  set 3d gunners to   0    reduces processing  because you wont have 1000 lil dudes at every gun in game.    set gore to 1 that gives you good bloddy screen when lippy head shoots ya

_AH_Lippy

RofLMAO 50 Thanks bro I truley needed a laugh today, been one of my worst as of yet ~S~

_AH_Jack

Zulu, change the SaveAspect=1 to =0 (zero), so the game doesn't over-write the screen resolution to default.

_AH_z5o

Kewl thanks Jack, 50
Im still needing help installing the game switcher, thingie,,,so I can switch from game version to game version on the fly...so to speak
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Jack

I haven't seen that since Ultrapack first came out.  The JSGME took away the need for a switcher.