Campaigns

Started by _AH_Bear, October 08, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

It would be neat to do a Typhoon campaign sometime, now that we have those really nice models.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

~S~ TD Thank you for that info I was kinda wondering how you felt when you flew these planes. I did not want to ask out of respect to you. It is nice to know that when I tell people it just isnt a game for me that there is a way to back that up with.
Here is my two pennies worth, I am cool with flying a Camp that EVERYONE is good to go with. if even one person does not like the feel of it I think we as a squadron should not fly it. Just saying now I will SHUT UP

_AH_Bear

:lol

Wow... Lippy sure takes along time to SHUT UP eh .. hhahahaha

_AH_Bear

Can someone supply a list of sorts regarding the campaigns AH has done in the past, plane sets themes etc??

Thanks in advance
~S~ Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Wow, that'll take some thinking. These may not be in order but let's see :

Black Widow's Walk - P-61s, P-38s

Flying Tigers - Tomahawks, P-40Es

TF-58 - Hellcats, Corsairs, Avengers, Dauntlesses

VMF-223 - F4F-4s, P-400s

White Lightning - P-38s

Fortress Europe - P-51s, P-47s, P-38s, can't remember if we flew contemporary british types as well.

Checkertail - P-40E\Ms

Slot Campaign - F4F-4s, Corsairs, Hellcats, P-38s, P-40s, B-25s, B-24s, PBNs, early in the campaign we flew some adversarial stuff so guys were flying some japanese types.

Euro Campaign - P-47s, P-38s, P-51s, A-20s, Spitfire IXs, Tempests, Mosquitos

Battle of Britain - Early marks of Hurricane and Spitfire

Operation Sealion - Early marks of german aircraft, BoB era stuff.

Auto's Sicilian Campaign - Mid war western allied stuff I think.

Aussie Heroes - P-40Es

Kokoda Trail - This was a little before my time but I think P-40Es, P-39s, P-38s and maybe more.

That's everything I can remember from the last 9 years I've been here. I suppose you could add the next campaign to that list too.

Fortress Malta - Hurricanes, Spitfire Vcs.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~

DW  Sir   You are amazing(sp). What a memory.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Bear

~S~ DW
Thanks for all that info... what a guy.. see .. this is why your the boss eh.. lol being Canadian helps too...
~S~ Bear

_AH_DarkWolf

Jack mentioned a Stalingrad campaign in another thread, I forgot about that one. I remember flying the russian types, can't remember if we did any blue flying too.

DW

_AH_z5o

Hmmm, a new campaign!?!
Something,,,, epic yes?
Hey, I'm all for it. Lets rock that puppy.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

especially after Jack mentioned you all did not finish it, the question is do we have all of the missions that would be cool.

_AH_DarkWolf

If we had had all the missions we probobly would have finished it, so if we have any at all they probobly only go to where it stopped.

It's strange I don't remember us not finishing that campaign, I was thinking the only ones we failed to finish were the last Aussie Heroes and that Eagle Squadron one. I always thought Crash left after an FnF he built went pear shaped.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Maybe I should SHUT UP  :happy-112:

_AH_Jack

Crash was the creator of the Stalingrad campaign.  He left the squad before it was finished.  He took some heat for the weather conditions, or the German AI skill level, or something like that.  Foxbat ripped into him, complaining about it after the mission.  Crash was never seen or heard from again; wouldn't respond to emails.

_AH_Nimble

i REMEMBER WHEN CRASH LEFT..... WISH HE WAS STILL AROUND....HE WAS DEFINATELY AN ASSET TO AH AND A GREAT MISSION BUILDER AND PILOT :happy-112:

_AH_Twenty

He also made great mission briefs