AI Mod.....finally!

Started by _AH_Duff4r, January 20, 2009, 04:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_taldrg

~S~                                :cool:
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Gonzo

Well, it had to happen...

The AI Ver1.5 is out now and improves or adjusts the following:

QuoteUPDATE .11:

- Added more variability to the maneuvers
- Changed pilot settings so their engine management varies by skill level (lower skill levels have slightly reduced highest throttle settings to reduce advantage of the AI having no overheat)
- (Hopefully) fixed takeoff bug with bombers in certain situations.
- Random chance of enemy aircraft not reacting if you approach from behind with a large energy advantage. This is to simulate the AI getting "bounced". Chance decreases as skill level of enemy pilot increases, almost no chance of this happening vs. an Ace.

UPDATE .12:
- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- AI will only use nav lights when taking off and landing

UPDATE .13:
- More adjustments to the maneuvers
- Head on attacks are favoured vs bombers for 109G6s and later, all 190s, p51s, p47s, p38s, F4Us, F6Fs, F4Fs, YAK9s. Bomber attackers should be generally more cautious, avoid 6 o clock attacks.
-AI will no longer begin defensive maneuvers at 300m, distance is randomized within a range.

UPDATE .14:
- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- Made changes to wingman aggressiveness.
- Made changes to bomber attacking behavior. After the initial headon, they should now attack from other angles, instead of just trying to work back into position for another headon. Also, the AI will sometimes now aim for engines in both headon, and other passes. Let me know if this is any good, I don't have a mission with a huge bomber formation to test this with.

UPDATE .15:
- Yet more adjustments to the maneuvers.
- JABOS will no longer drop bombs at the first sign of trouble. Depends on situation/maneuver.
- Nav lights now off for emergency landings.
- Bomber attacking behavior adjusted. New behaviors seemed to be causing trouble, they'll be readded when I figure out what the problem is.
- Toned down AI gunner ability. Ace level is the same, other skill levels have reduced accuracy.
- Hopefully fixed landing routine so wingmen don't crash into you (untested).

The latest version can be downloaded at:

http://files.filefront.com/CERT+AI+MOD14exe/;13065237;/fileinfo.html

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oagni3cynao/CERT_AI_MOD14.exe

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Moggy

Hmm, reduced AI gunner accuracy...sounds very good to me!

_AH_Gonzo

Well at least I'm not the only one who thinks what I think about the AI's abilities  (6). The testing continues.

_AH_Duff4r

Important...

Version 1.5 was a "bust".  Download this ASAP: CERT_AI_MOD16.exe

S~
Duff

_AH_Gonzo

S! Duff4r, I sort of figured that.

Mind you, the AI's seemed to do OK in the missions Jack hosted last night.

_AH_Duff4r

RGR Gonzo,

I have been experimenting with 1.6 and so far......all good!

Interestingly there are now 3 files in the AI Mod folder!

Duff

Edited:  Results at AAA are really looking good. I wonder how far they can take this???

There's a guy over there complaining because the AI in a 47 are climbing to a fight instead of diving.  Another says they are not aggressive enough.  Another is complaining that they don't take the bombers Head On.  Sheesh...starting to sound like the AI took flying lessons from me!  :cool:

Also, the 2-3 shots that never touch the plane are NOT causing pilot kills and that's a GOOD thing.

I hope we don't loose site of the fact that probabaly ANYTHING is better than what we have currently before the tweaking.

The final comment I liked is a guy said:  it was still a "Sweat match trying to kill one."  Nice :-}

Duff

_AH_Viper

I heard that there is a 1.7mod out.  Could some one give a link?

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Duff4r

About last night...

I really wish that those who are so kind as to be our hosts would also enable some form of the AI_Mod.  The stock AI are just "goofy".

This is an unusual MOD.....the most important thing is that ONLY THE HOST have it installed.

The rest of must be sure to have it (-) out or removed from the Mods folder.

Regards,

Duff, aka (pudding, decaying organic material, coal dust, a butt)

Foxbat

S~
I guess I misunderstood before about how the AI mod works. So Duff what your saying here
is that only the host needs to have it running. The others in the game have to shut it off by
removing it or having the - in front? So if for instance, I host and have it running then after that
I have to make sure to turn it off if I go in another game as a client? I had thought you just put
it in and leave it there, no worries host or not.
What happens if i am the client and I don't have it turned off and the host has it running?

_AH_Duff4r

Fox,

I'd love to answer all your questions....but I can't for sure.  Some of this I'm/we're just guessing

Here's the deal:

1.  Only the HOST needs it running.

2.  If the client has it running - probably No Problem unless.....

3. The client has a different Version than the Host

Final comment:  Why take a chance?  Let's just have the Host run the MOD and all others (-) theirs out or better yet take it out of the MOD folder entirely.  Now, let's try it for a while and see what we see!  I don't see how it could be any worse than what it is now.

Duff

_AH_DarkWolf

Do we know what issues arise if a client has an different AI mod installed? Does he crash out? Not able to join?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

It is said that it is not a problem...

As I said, "why risk it?"

1.) If you don't host and don't play off line you simply DON'T need it.

2.) If you don't host and DO play offline you need it but (-) it out online

3.) If you do host "pick yer poison" just (-) it out when you're not the host.

S~ Sir,
Duff