Using the HUDConfig-Hogan

Started by _AH_Duff4r, February 25, 2010, 04:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Hogan asked this question:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Depending on which config settings you choose, this mod may involve adding lines to the conf.ini file in your IL-2 game folder. BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE CONF.INI FILE, MAKE A COPY OF IT, just to be safe.

If you want the default mod settings (altitude 5m./10ft, airspeed 5m./5mph/5knots, speedbar startup display units in kmh and meters, and no-cockpit HUD gauges in kmh and meters), just install the mod as described above. You don't need to do anything else.

If want to modify any of the default settings, you'll need to add a '[Mods]' section and some lines to the end of the conf.ini file in your game folder. Here's what you can copy/paste in the Conf.ini.  Put it on the bottom.  If you already have [Mods] then you don't need to put it there again just add from: SpeedbarUnits=2 on down.

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=2
SpeedbarSpdKMH=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=1
SpeedbarAltFeet=5

SpeedbarUnits: This parameter determines which units the altitude and airspeed are displayed in at mission startup. Permissible values are:

0 - no speedbar
1 - kmh and meters  (default value)
2 - knots and ft
3 - mph and ft
4 - kmh TAS and meters  (requires Hotkeys mod)
5 - knots TAS and ft  (requires Hotkeys mod)
6 - mph TAS and ft  (requires Hotkeys mod)

SpeedbarSpdKMH: Airspeed increments when kmh are displayed. Permissible values are 1 to 10. Default value is 5.

SpeedbarSpdMPH: Airspeed increments when mph are displayed. Permissible values are 1 to 10. Default value is 5.

SpeedbarSpdKnots: Airspeed increments when knots are displayed. Permissible values are 1 to 10. Default value is 5.

SpeedbarAltMeters: Altitude increments when meters are displayed. Permissible values are 1 to 10. Default value is 5.

SpeedbarAltFeet: Altitude increments when feet are displayed. Permissible values are 1 to 50. Default value is 10.

S~
Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Autorotate

HUH?

i just hit ctrl+A and it changes my speedbar to knts and feet which i prefer.

_AH_DarkWolf

This all assumes you've enabled 00_HUDConfig_v1 in your JSGME right?

Personally I really like this mod. I like not having to switch my speedbar around every mission, and I like increments of 1 for alt and speed.

If you want to use the HUDConfig mod with the moving dogfight server, you have to add the moving dogfight mod first, followed by the HUDConfig mod. The HUDConfig overwrites some files used by the moving dogfight mod. In the JSGME it warns "You will loose some hud-display functionality of MDS though." Thats not terribly specific. One thing I have noticed is when using this combination, you can see the full player list when others cannot.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on February 25, 2010, 09:19:11 PM
This all assumes you've enabled 00_HUDConfig_v1 in your JSGME right?

"CLIP"

DW

Yes, you must enable 00_HUDConfig_v1 in your JSGME

_AH_Autorotate