UltraPack 2.01 - All Read

Started by _AH_Duff4r, April 09, 2010, 04:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Gents,

This is the latest and Greatest and includes the MUCH improved ZUTI 1.13

UP 2.01 Patch available! 8/4/2010

This is the last and most important patch of the UP 2.0 series as it fixes/tweaks an enormous amount of stuff and moreover adds Unique characteristics and capabilities never known before for the modded versions of IL2 1946, and not only.

I will start first from the main 2 unique characteristics of UP 2.01.
For the first time it adds full support for HSFX by using an independent Switcher and not the JSGME  mods enabler. By this you can now enjoy FULL crt=2 compliance with systems running HSFX and also you have the option to install HSFX updates Directly, provided that you have switched version first. In any case i will also provide HSFX updates when they are available to ensure even better support.

The other Unique characteristic of it it is the auto-restore/auto-update possibility!* Yes, you read right! From now on people who may have some damaged installation or anything else can Update their installations by clicking at the Update shortcut on their desktop.

This way we may also make Small Updates Without the need to download them. You only have to click the Ultr@Pack Update and Restore button of UP. Thus the nightmare ends here for people who couldn't install the game right because of few misplaced files and also for squads that now can have all of their members updated!
 And last but not least the most advanced installer will be even more fault-proof.

* The auto-updater works for the UP installation and for the client side only. To use it make sure you deactivate any activated addons through JSGME before use the auto-restore/auto-update function or else you will damage your installation. You will also damage your installation if you have the HSFX version activated and press the Update and Restore button.

And now its time to list the characteristics of the UP 2.01

UP 2.01 ReadMe file:

Reverted to stock values the following:(by HaDeS)

The characteristics of the tanks, artillery, ground units (armor, rate of fire, velocity, elevation, rounds, range, etc..), Ships(armor, rate of fire, rounds, range, etc..), the toughness of the stationary planes, the explosive range of exploding train wagons.
The behavior of the bombs, torpedoes and rockets in game.
All the Japanese bombs reverted to stock exploding range power.
The majority of the Allied and Axis aircraft weapons are reverted to stock values (with the exception of the tracers-contrails where applicable).

* MDS 1.13-Final!

This is the last public release of MDS by |ZUTI|. Thank you so much,  :hi:

* Tweaked Netcode

* Fixed/Tweaked many FMs (by Kwiatek)

* New Planes

P-51B-5NA Mustang, '43*
P-51B-10NA Mustang, '44*
P-51B-10NA Malcolm hood'44*

Having new default skins in the WoP addon by Jorjus.

F6F-3 Hellcat Early, '43*
F6F-3 Hellcat Late, '44*
F6F-5 Hellcat, '44*

Flight Models by Stratodog and Kwiatek, class-files, stationary objects and independent 3d models (for P-51s) by me. New .50s updated by uf_josse. Research by Stratodog and Wimbly.
The 3d models of the P-51s contains Cirx's contrails fix.

* New Identification Tag for Planes

In UP 2.01 ALL the former AI flyables And the new slot planes are marked with either "*" or "~".
With "*" are marked the planes which Flight Model is created/fixed/tweaked by Kwiatek or any other person from our community. With "~" are marked the planes which FM is created by other individuals and members of other modding communities: "SAS, HSFX, aaa, C6, etc..."

* New maps:(incorporation by Boomer)

B29 Alley (dlv)
El Alamein (vkg)
Hankow, China (Agr)
Midway(BP)
Malta 1942 (Bee-mrz)
North_Korea(CY6)
North_KoreaW(CY6)
Palembang, Indonesia 1942 (IJ)
Palembang, Indonesia 1945 (IJ)
Rennell Islands, Coral Sea (LS)
Rennell Islands, Coral Sea 1943 (LS)
Ruhr_Nachjagd(CY6-Ashe)
Santa Cruz Islands, South Pacific (LS)
Santa Cruz Islands, South Pacific 1942 (LS)
Truk (LS)
Zapolare's 1943

* Re-textured maps (incorporation by Boomer)

Channel Spring 1940-41 (GilB57)
Channel Spring 1943-45 (GilB57)
Channel Summer 1940-41 (GilB57)
Channel Summer 1943-45 (GilB57)
Channel Autumn 1940-41 (GilB57)
Channel Autumn 1943-45 (GilB57)
Channel Winter 1940-41 (GilB57)
Channel Winter 1943-45 (GilB57)
Kyushu(Redko)
Norway Summer (Gilb57)
Norway Winter (Gilb57)
Okinawa(Redko)
Okinawa Online (Redko)
Palau (Redko)
Palau Online (Redko)

* New water textures by Bombsaway:(incorporation by Boomer)

Cat_Midway
Chichi
IJ_Sakishima
Kwajalein
Makin2
midway
MTO
net8islands
Okinawa
Tarawa

* New 00_WarBirdsOfPrey addon

Contains new default skins for the new slot P-51Bs, includes the Lancaster and Wellington along their stationary objects.

* Fixed the "too dirty cockpit-glass" for the following planes:

Beaufigters
FW-190s
Spitfires
Seafires
Zeros
P-39s
P-51s
Hurricanes
Ki-43
Ki-27
Ki-61
Ki-84
Mosquito
P-47s
Tempest
P-63C

* Fixes contrails for the following Planes, by Cirx

P-38s
P51s
U-2TM
P-26
Halifax
B-24J
AviaB

And last fixes the damaged-Revi bug in Bf-109G2 cockpit, by StG77_HaDeS.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ <Fixed the "too dirty cockpit-glass">  I wondered when someone would get around to fixing this.
I all most ran out of fuel once trying to close on a spot on my wind screen.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Duff4r

LOL! TD, Yes I think we need to update to this after testing.  Not much to really test as it is more corrections than anything.

Great maps, and the auto repair, auto update is very cool.  ZUTI 1.13 seems to work near flawlessly.  There has been a bunch fixed there.

Ahh well, toss this out and see who agrees!

Duff

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Boosher

I also vote for upgrade after tests!

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I go with what ever the C.O. says wether I like it or not.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Archie

Will this mod still work after the release of 4.10?

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Jack

Too bad it's not available till August, or did I read that wrong?

_AH_Archie

Those silly folk across the pond reverse the day and month.

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Duff4r

LOL!

FIRST, Patch a copy of "m" to "n" using this: UP2.0 n

Then, it's available here:

Part 1_UltraPack201_Client.exe

Part 2_data2.cab

Part 3_data3.cab

As many times in the past all 3 of these files need only be in the same folder.  Click on the UltraPack201_Client.exe and off ya go!

As soon as you install, RUN THE UPDATER!!

S~
Duff

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_Archie on April 10, 2010, 11:14:23 AM
Will this mod still work after the release of 4.10?

Arch

First things first....4.10 is a figment of someones imagination.  Yeah they're working on it and yeah, their advertising it, but just like the cure for cancer....it's a ways off.

That said, this is scheduled to be the LAST major update to UltraPack before 4.10m, BUT there will be small updates and that's why we now have the update restore utility.

OBTW, I used the restore to UP 2.0n and then I used the Updater as there was a small update sent out.  BOTH worked flawlessly.  Very cool.  No more re-installs.

S~
Duff

_AH_Duff4r

A simple "bump" to keep this visible...

Problems?  email me at: duff4r@cableone.net

FYI, for any one that's wondering about hyperlobby I am running the new Beta that eliminates aping.exe.  All seems to be running nicely!

S~
Duff

_AH_Viper

So if I'm getting this right Duff, I just copied the three patches to one of my games.  Now it seems that I should have downloaded the n version first then the patches.  Is that correct?  Just downloading the three patches got my ver. to 2.01.  Seems to be working as far as I know.  I started to download the n ver. but  did not.  I even downloaded and installed it by accident into my tiger sound test game.  I ran it last night with no apparent problems online.  I'll continue to download the n. version though just in case.  Note: the first patch is actually a install file.  The other two are .dat files.  they need to be put in a folder in it's rar state.  Named the folder Data.dat2 and Data.dat3 and threw the data.dat  rar files in their prospective folders to get the thing to update.  Then I installed the MDF 1.13 last.