Some Recent and Not so Recent Skins

Started by _AH_Gonzo, June 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

i like the bluuuuueeee ones the best.   can you make me a bluuueee one for each plane in the game please? 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

S! Dee Dubb,

Could you make me an AH H on that 357th P51, if possible a Daffy Duck nose art and some kill flags?

I'll wash your hair for you.....

S! 

_AH_DarkWolf

A couple more 8th AF schemes. The first is a 55th Fighter Group a/c. Always thought these a/c looked cool, despite the kinda ugly green\yellow nose.

The second is based on 353rd Fighter Group markings.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Moggy

I have a 1:48 P-51D that I built about 20 years or so ago from the 55th FG ("Miss Marilyn II; CY-M").  It currently still has the longest shelf-life of any model here at my house.

_AH_DarkWolf

Sounds like the ole Revell-Monogram kit eh? I made one years ago, but I used the 78th FG markings. Came out nice at the time given my skill level, but I used brush on dullcote over the checkerboard pattern and it's yellowed considerably over time. Thats why I just replaced it on my shelf with a Tamiya 51D with 352nd FG colors. The new boxing of the Revell-Monogram 51D is dirt cheap, like 11 bucks!.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moggy

Crikey, it's been so long since I finished that kit that I don't even recall which one it was :thinking-008:

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

That zeke looks like it's just been shot up, but has'nt? I've noticed some anomalies with the holes in a/c from damage. In one of the euro missions I had holes in my A-20s tail, but they just showed black, the sky and terrain would not show through them. Only parts of the plane would.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

It was just after mission start that I noticed it, and only on the Zeros,(all of 'em).

Gonna go look and see if it happens in 408....

_AH_Homicide

Damn guys NICE WORK!  All those skins are nice....anyone have any F6F or F4U skins? I am particularly interested in finding a F6F skin or my heros plane D McCampbells Minsi III!

_AH_Gonzo

S! Homicide. If you have any pics of Minsi III I'm sure some one will be able to skin a version of it up for you.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Homicide

Rgr I do ...tons lol
I think Badger over at AAA is going to skin it...Harpia Mafra did a skin on it and Ubisoft used about 25 screens shots of it on a promo page!
Heres a pic of the Minsi III but again I "think" someone is already skining her.

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah Harpia_Mafra55 has a skin of that a/c on Flying Legends, there is also one made by RONNCO there as well. It's on the 6th F6F page.

http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/photos_original/minsi8x6.jpg

DW

_AH_Homicide

Thanks DW! You Rawk man!! Thanks for the help all I now have the skin! :happy-112: