X52 ot not X52

Started by _AH_z5o, December 16, 2010, 09:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gang,
   I just cant make up my mind. Im thinking about getting the X52 Flight System(w/o rudder peddles). I can pick one up for around $86 USD.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Saitek-X52-Flight-System-for-PC-PC-Gaming/8304650?sourceid=1500000000000003142050&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8304650
Not a bad price,,I think.
Heres the problem, Im sure $86 isnt a bad price and Im sure for the most of you it wouldnt be that big of a deal. However, in my case $86 is alot to spend on something that I can only use to play the only game I play IL2.
What I need to know is it worth it, will the stick hold up over the long hual. Whats the pro and conns of the stick and would you buy another if you needed one?
I keep telling myself, this is the one chance Ive got to get that stick. Ive wanted it for sometime now, get it. But, that little voice also says 86 bucks, ouch, thats alot of money.
So, for the guys that own the X52, tell me something about it, are you happy with it, over all?
Thanks
Zulu
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_AD2

I have the X52 (non-pro) and I think its a very good product. Is it perfect? In a word, no. The rotory wheels on the throttle can be too touchy and the lower one has problems centering correctly. It tends to spike to one side every now and then. I simply have to cycle the knob back and forth a few times to get it to stay centered. It can be a pain when it happens because I use it for the elevator trim so my plane goes into a very steep climb until I force it to recenter. Other than that one issue, every thing else about it works well. This may just be my X52 so you may not even have that problem at all. I have everything mapped out in one profile setting so I don't have to use the keyboard when flying. I like keeping it simple but the X52 has 3 profile setings and 3 shifted profile settings so you can make it as complicated as you like. I'm not saying that the X52 is better or more realistic than other flight sticks because I haven't tried all the other ones on the market. I can say that I really enjoy flying IL2 1946 with the X-52 more than I did with the cheaper joysticks that I used to have. I recommend it and that all I have to say about that...

AD2
_AH_AD2

My PC Specs:
64bit Windows 10, 3.4 GHz Intel I5-3570 Quad Core CPU, 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM, 2GB GDDR5 GEFORCE GTX 760 Video Card, Saitek X-52 Flight Control System, Track-IR 4 Pro

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Slikk

I just got the X-52 Pro but I haven't had it long enough to give any good feedback on it yet.

@ AD2 I noticed that on the first X-52 Pro I bought the center detent on the rotary dial was almost non-existent so I took it back and got another one and now it works like it should, so the problem that you are having would probably vary from stick to stick. So if you do decide to go with the X-52 Zulu, just make sure you test it out real good and if something doesn't work right take it back and get another one that dose work.

@ Auto, I used to have one of those back in the day.

_AH_z5o

So,,, how old are you Auto?

:lol
Thanks for the input gang, big help. Im going for it.
~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ After the first of the year I am thinking of going with this one.
Saitek X65F Flight Control System
I have had my X52 for a long time and it has served me well.

Pro Flight X-65F Combat Control System - Rule the skies with the latest Saitek X series controller – the Pro Flight X65F Control System.  Custom engineered from high grade metal castings, this is a system that is built to withstand many combat engagements.  The number of controls available will cater for any pilot's needs, but the true innovation resides within the stick itself – Force Sensing technology.
Force Sensing - In a world first for a manufactured simulation controller, the X65F's stick does not move; instead, like those found in real modern fighter jets, it responds to pressure that you exert on the handle, resulting in a fast, accurate and realistic response that will make you the ace in your squadron.  With no moving parts and a shaft that is made from high grade steel, this provides incredible reliability and longevity.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Moby

~S~ Zulu!

You won't regret the X52!  It's the last stick I bought and I love it.  It has lasted me almost two years and no problems yet at all!  I also have the X52 throttle and love just as much.  I usually go throug a stick a year or less than a year with some of the logitech ones I used in the past.  I even went through a couple Saitek Evo sticks and the haven't lasted as long as the X52.  If you need a hand on any settings after you get it, let me know and I will help you out anytime.

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Stiffy

I have a X52 as well, The only draw back is the lack of force feedback. if you fly with a stick that has that and go to the x52 then their will be a learning curve. In fact thats the only part of it I dont care for. So now I use my old sidewinder for a stick and my x52 for throttle and all those cool buttons.

_AH_Duff4r

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on December 18, 2010, 10:59:57 PM
~S~ After the first of the year I am thinking of going with this one.
Saitek X65F Flight Control System
I have had my X52 for a long time and it has served me well.

Pro Flight X-65F Combat Control System - Rule the skies with the latest Saitek X series controller – the Pro Flight X65F Control System.  Custom engineered from high grade metal castings, this is a system that is built to withstand many combat engagements.  The number of controls available will cater for any pilot's needs, but the true innovation resides within the stick itself – Force Sensing technology.
Force Sensing - In a world first for a manufactured simulation controller, the X65F's stick does not move; instead, like those found in real modern fighter jets, it responds to pressure that you exert on the handle, resulting in a fast, accurate and realistic response that will make you the ace in your squadron.  With no moving parts and a shaft that is made from high grade steel, this provides incredible reliability and longevity.

Really TD?? I personally think you're foolin' with us. $400.00 and no pedals plus a "Force Sensing stick" (stick remains rigid and responds to the pressure you put on it). Hmm... if not then good luck with it. I would be interested to know how you like it!

Not for me. I do wish UI had "Force Feedback" but the $300.00 bucks I spent some 8-9 years ago on CH Pro stuff is where I'm at.  Hey, I have differential braking. I have a 2 stage WEP. I'm happy :-)

S~
Duff

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Duff. There is nothing better in this whole world than a happy man. You are one of the Blessed men of the world and I salute you Sir.

_AH_Prop

I have the X52 Pro, it's a good stick, but I'm having tech issues with mine which I havent solved yet

_AH_taldrg

~S~ When I got my X52 two years ago I did ot use the SST(i think that is the)DL that came with. I just used the in game controls to set it up.

_AH_z5o

WOOHOO!!! I got the profiler to work. Now it woulded help if the folks at Saitek would give you the correct link to dwnld the correct SST and drivers for Vista and Win7, but, you know how that goes.
Thanks for all the info guys. I really like the X52. Good choice for $82 USD.
~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I got mine from Amazon 2 years ago...used....for $65.oo including shipping and now the pitch control is just starting to get funny so I got my moneys worth out of that .