unified installer 1.1

Started by _AH_Archie, January 31, 2009, 08:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Archie

1.1 is out at AAA.  It looks like a monster, 8 parts at 250 meg per.  FYI It will not install over 1.0

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Duff4r

Yes and DON'T bother trying to download it!

The site is jammed up.

I didn't see anything I couldn't live without...

D

_AH_Duff4r

It has been impossible to download 1.1.  I have tried throughout the day....

I think that the Modders at the AAA site are awesome but some of the site "moderators" are both very young and not very bright.  Fly_zo for one and hellzone for two.  They release this on a weekend, no mirrors or torrents, and that idiot hellzone tells everyone to connect with two or more browsers!

For those that don't or won't go there here's the release data:

MODS
_DOCS_ (Documentation for some mods)
6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr
A5M4
ACES
Aircraft
AR-196A3
Askania_EZ-421-A1_For_Ta-183
Askania_EZ-42_For_Fw190-D9
B17D
B17E
B17F
B17G
B24J-100-CF
B25C25
B25G1
B25H1
B29
B29_Silver_Plate
B5N2_KATE
B6N2_JILL
BeaufighterMkX
BF-109-F1
BF-109-K14
BF-109F_Jabo
BF-109F_Kanonenboot
BF-109F_Trop
BF-110-C4
BF-110-C4B
BF-110-G4
Bf109-E_Mirror_v1_1
BLENHEIM-1
BLENHEIM-1F
BLENHEIM-4
BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_0
C47
ChaikaBS
ChaikaFIN
Cockpits_BF_109_Mod
Cockpits_HurriFulNW
Cockpit_F6F_0_1
Cockpit_FW-190A-4
Cockpit_FW-190A-5_A-6
Cockpit_FW-190A-8_A-9
Cockpit_FW-190D-9
Cockpit_I-16
Cockpit_Mosquito
Cockpit_P40_0_1
Cockpit_Spitfire_0_1
Cockpit_Yak-1_0_1
Collision_height
Crater_F_IV
DB_3B
DB_3F
DB_3M
DB_3T
EngineFlame
F6F_MIRROR_MOD
Flare_Distance
FW-189_A-2
FW-190A5u14
FW-190_A-3
FW-190_D-11
FW-190_D-13
FW-200_C3U4
Fw190_Bar_Out
Fw190_Update
G11
G4M2E_and_MXY-7
German_Torpedoes
Gladiator_Mk1
Gladiator_MkII
Gray_curving_Smoketrail
GroundDust
H8K1
HUDConfig_v1
HurricaneMkIId
IL4
Ju-52-3mg
Ju-88A4_Torpedo_Bomber
KI-21-I-Sally
KI-21-II-Sally
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-OtsuHei
Ki-46-Recce
L2D
LI2
MACCHI_200_1
MACCHI_200_7_AND_7FB
MACCHI_202
MapMods
MBR-2AM34
ME-321
ME-323
ME-410_A
ME-410_B
ME-410_D
Mosquito_MkIV
Mosquito_Mk_BXVI
Mosquito_Update
Nacht234
Neman_R-10
ObjectsMap
P51D_MIRROR_MOD
PBN-1
PE8
P_47DGunsights_v1_3
RWD-8
SB_2M-100A
SB_2M-103
Seafire_MKII
SKINMOD
Spitfire_MKVC
Spitfire_MKVIII
SpitMk1
SplashScreen
Static_Aircraft
STD
SU_2
TBF-1C
TBM-3
Tempest5_11LBS
Tempest5_13LBS
TU_2S
U2VS
WindConfig_v3
-----------------------OPTIONAL
-BritishReticlesMod
-Cockpits_BF_109F_Default
-Flushys_cloudmod_v1
-PropTex
-FMB (map builders, you may enable this to create your maps. Please disable when joining a crt2)
----------------------OPTIONAL

Note:
Version 1.1 includes BombBayDoors_Plus_v2 as well as WindConfig_v3. Data on how to enforce these items on the server side can be found in the folder named.

....1946\Mods\_DOCS_

Included Map Mods:

ash_BoF
CAN_Channel
dlv_Philippines
dlv_Sinai
ffb_Thailand
fly_zo_BOB
JV69_LYBIA_N-E
LALnormandy1
LALnormandy2
LAL_Okinawa
Mbug_Slovakia_winter
mrz_Centmed
mrz_Malta
NTL_Darwin_Small
RD_Malvinas
Slot
vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
vol_Sardegna
zip_Alpen
Zuti_Slovenia

Included in 1.1 are the following Map Updates:

Slot:
corrected shorelines

vol_ItalyAfricaGreece
corrected spawn points for dogfight dedicated server

Zuti_Slovenia
Edited airfields to allow bombers to take off from fighter fields

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. let's let our testers get this one.. then see if we want it..

please keep using your current installation for AH rooms.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Great work Duff but you have way too much time on your hands. Get a second job.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Hornet

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on February 01, 2009, 02:13:02 AM
~S~ Great work Duff but you have way too much time on your hands. Get a second job.

Hehe, if this only paid... ;)

_AH_Duff4r

TD....

That was simply a copy and paste...took me all of 10 seconds!

Once again guys.....take a look at the above list and compare it to your current: Files, Mod, and MapMod folders.  I think you'll find little that's different. I am really not into the maps so the map guys need a look-see here.

I am not overly impressed with AAA.  They made this much more difficult then need be.  With a little thought they could have made this overwrite the original.  In many cases they renamed the same Mod as we have installed.

Ahh well, nothing starts out perfect

S~

_AH_Duff4r

Yeah,

There's nothing here but the maps.  Install into a new folder not a new game.  Look over what's there.  Try the Mods you want and move the maps you want.

Coupla a new planes nothing I'm interested in.

S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Thanks for the report, Duff4r..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Tbull

Just FYI BBQ already knows I have it downloaded and can put it up for everyone when he wants to go to it. So downloading isn't going to be a problem.
More thought is do we really need it, what's new and what is cool. Your in the know. S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Since we've got the slot campaign going, the upcoming missions have already gotten some hours into them.. and i wouldn't want to switch to 1.1 midstream without more testing..

So as usual.. if you want to try it.. give 'er a go.. we dont' know if 1.1 will run mixed with 1.0.. but i think Duff4r was flying with us the other night and using it.. probably will only be a problem when a newly flyable (1.1) plane is in the mission

i'm content to wait a while..a few weeks at least..  and see what others are saying about it..see if it doesn't get updates within a few weeks.. not an uncommon occurrence for any software release..     

it's a large download.. about 2GB, which means some guys might  have to delete a game folder to have room for the new version if we do decide to go to it..not every one has 3.2 jig o watts of free disc space..  and there's no rush..we're still finding new things in the 1.0 version.

thanks for uploading the 1.1,  Tbull.    Look in the pilot's lounge for the link to Tbull's server if you have room for it and want to see what's different.. we might be pleasantly surprised with smoother game play, higher frame rates, and less disconnects midgame.. although i seem to recall those transferring mission screens and thrown to desktops from way back  before any kind of third party add ons were being used. 

if you've got room to make a separate folder, and time and want to install it.. please do.. just be ready to switch back to the 1.0 if there's a problem.   

_AH_Duff4r

Gents,

From the AAA site I quote:

AAA UI IS NOT SOME KIND OF BEST MODS COMPILATION and mods included in it aren't any better than rest of AAA official mods available here.

It is just basic/starter compilation so users wouldn't have to go through most demanding steps regarding enabling mods .

If we would look at AAA UI as best mods compilation and include in it all mods which deserves to get there ( all of them IMHO) it would result with huge install file ( it's cca 2Gb at present state) .

regards
Z

Look through the list above.  If there is anything you want and can't find it on the AAA site I'd be glad to post it up for download.

Duff

_AH_Ring

I am currently testing 1.1.....So far there is no problems with the install, It is compatable 1.0 and runs seamless in the campaigns. It has got a few more aircraft and some more maps...I have not fully check all the changes out. I will keep you all posted for bugs in this thread.
Ring....

PS... I still have 1.0 if needed..Is it on tbulls site? if not we can put it there...

_AH_Viper

Looks like a great Idea Duff4.  Great Info for those of us that aren't in the know.  I like the AI's in the first mod that fly sorta like they should in real life..LOL.  But am looking forward to the next generation.  I do know people that are running the 1.1.  Hope to get some feed back soon.  always looking forward to improvements in the game.  It's already a hoot.

_AH_Duff4r

That's what I'm saying Ring,

I tested it and it's fine. That said it is NOT compatible for upgrade from UI 1.0 because AAA renamed some of the MODs like the folder B29 is now Cockpit_B29v4.  See, you can have 2 Mods both the same with just different names. The bad would be if it's using some files from one folder and some from the other folder...YUK!

Remember this:  You can name any folder to be anything you want as long as it's "stand-alone", independent of other folders.

Example:  I just take Buffy Flaks which is part of Slikk's sound mod and rename it: Slikk Flaks  works just the same.  Now if I left Buffy Flaks in the MOD folder the wrapper would find it first, then it would find Slikk Flaks.  Since Buffy Flaks is in alphabetical order first and the files in Slikk Flaks is IDENTICAL to Buffy Flacks it would never actually use Slikk Flaks.  Get it?

Again, with the difficulty we are having with the "time-outs" it is very important that everyone fly the same Mod in those events.  Again, as I've said on the forum before, plane skins, cockpit repaints, and sound .prs and .wav files should be just fine. Very LOW risk.

S~
D

Foxbat

Quote:

"Again, with the difficulty we are having with the "time-outs" it is very important that everyone fly the same Mod in those events.  Again, as I've said on the forum before, plane skins, cockpit repaints, and sound .prs and .wav files should be just fine. Very LOW risk."

Yep I agree and thought that we always flew the same mods version in all our organized events.
I am still using the 1st version of the unified mod. I don't plan on running anything else for those
until the HQ guys in the squad have officially announced we are changing to the newer one.
I think it was covered pretty well in the meeting that running different mod versions might not
be a good idea as it can and has caused some problems before.

I don't have the AI mod at all. I understand that only the host needs it running so I'll stick to just
hosting the FNF missions where its all live players. That way it shouldn't bother anything if I am in
a game and not the host.

_AH_Ring

afirm...will only run 1.0 in campaigns....actually probubly going to trash 1.1 all together as there is not much difference between the 2 and could always use the space on the hard drive..:)