IL-2: Cliffs of Dover Guncam Footage (I finally got FRAPS working well)

Started by _AH_Killerbanjo, April 11, 2011, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Wow, looks real nice, no kidding. ok, how many cans am I going to have to go collect and take to the recycling center to get OME copy of CoD? USD please, none of the Euro stuff, Ive enough trouble with meters and all that.
Oh, that brings up a non related  :offtopic-929432: <--Ive always wanted to use this one, question.
If the US Dollar has lost so much of it value, why is it that everybody in the "fracking"world wants to get all they can get thier greedy little hands on to?
Huh, why , fast, stip it out, huh, huh!
Thats what I thought(he says with a smug look on his face)

One more thing,,,,have you ever seen a grown man naked in the shower?  :thinking-008:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Autorotate

Ah yeah M for mirror. much better.. got the chat box to go away too and set some more of my controls up...
free look is gone though, can't pan around with my hat switch or mouse now. a bit tough..
i've only had about an hour or so of free time to mess around with it though thats why.
just need to set up more buttons, trying to match it to il2 now but so many more little controls for management of the aircraft...

my official report continues...
other than that, the game itself running smooth as silk. very challenging game, it will be a bit of a learning curve for all of us.
you can feel ever little bump in the air down to how the waves going up and down real low can effect air currents.

i installed the official patch, no frame rate boosters. i have it all cranked up all the way and seems to run smooth on high with my rig.
except with those darn clouds....

i will say this though, if you're one of those people that still get those "slide shows" in il2, you're most likely going to need some serious upgrades to jump into this game..

when i get more time this week i'll take a bit of a deeper look. maybe fly some combat.  :drinking-43:

:CC :CC
off to work for the week. see you all sunday night.

_AH_Killerbanjo

Press F10 to look around using the mouse. or hold middle mouse (I think) if you also hold right mouse you can move your head around too! Clouds can be disabled (Apart from online  (6))

I think this is a very good game as it stands... They need to sort out the loadout screen though as the 330m convergents are wayyyy to far for me, i wanna set them to 100-150. Doing damage is very difficult for me as i can only hit with one set of guns atm.  Also complex engine managment is difficut but i got it fiqured out now. Give us a buzz if you want a hand.

S! Banjo.
Bollocks is a word of Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning "testicles". The word is often used figuratively in British English, as a noun to mean "nonsense", an expletive following a minor accident or misfortune, or an adjective to mean "poor quality" or "useless".

_AH_Boosher

In other news... reasons why IL-2 is still awesome:

Aerial refueling - available for the FJ-3 Fury and F-84G-3 in Ultrapack 3.0, coming soon to computers near you!

_AH_Autorotate

Getting the hang of flying in the new game, still have only about 5% of my controls set so lots of keyboard mashing for stuff.
also starting to realize this game is still pretty rough. patches will be about i suspect.
still nothing but good to say about it though... all those who can handle the game computer wise advise you acquire.

~S~ auto out

_AH_z5o

_AH_Autorotate

Weeeeeeee... gosh it's a looker. night time is fun with the city lights.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Thanks for posting pix and stuff.. It does look nice. But for me that's kind of secondary to the illusion of it feeling like the planes are actually flying.. Have they made any appreciable advances there in this version?   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on April 18, 2011, 08:09:47 AM
S~

Thanks for posting pix and stuff.. It does look nice. But for me that's kind of secondary to the illusion of it feeling like the planes are actually flying.. Have they made any appreciable advances there in this version?   

i haven't gotten much time to really play it and learn it well, i've flown about 4 or 5 missions when i find some time... but from what i've seen felt and heard so far... its quite amazing actually.
an example, ditching in the channel over the rolling waves, moves air down low, you can feel all the bumps and dips from the wave action. a lot more atmosphere in this game if you know what i mean.
it really is quite good. like i said before though, still a rough game but with a few patches and player input it should be pretty amazing, i hope you all enjoy it as much as i am..
also its a lot tougher keeping track of all the systems that can go wrong in the plane too. it will take quite some time for even the best of us to get good with game, over all it really is one sizable leap forward.

_AH_z5o

crap, Ive got to get a copy of this
Pix look real nice gang, Im sold

_AH_Autorotate

i crashed into a farm house landing in the field after having my props shot off. :D

but boy it sure is a pretty crash site.  :drinking-43:

_AH_Col._Hogan

Quotebut boy it sure is a pretty crash site.

Tell that to the home owner...

S!

_AH_Prop

There's a new patch out available by Steam.

Patch 1.00.14101

MULTIPLAYER

* Added a new Steam Lobby feature to the Multiplayer section as an alternative to the existing server search. A lobby is a place for players to gather before joining or creating a server. The most important feature of a Lobby is that it allows one to join servers running on a non-public IP, bypassing network address translation. It will of course also allow you to send players to a public IP server just as well. When a lobby links to a public IP server, that server can be accessed both from the Lobby, or directly from the Server search. With a non-public IP, the only way to access a server is through a lobby. When running a dedicated server, the lobby host can link to it by pressing the Find Server button. Otherwise just press Play to create a new Server.
* Fixed certain aircraft flame and smoke effects not syncing when playing on-line and recording tracks.

GRAPHICS

* Made massive improvements to framerate in regards to the terrain engine. This will be most noticeable on machines with 4+ CPU cores.
* Made SSAO optional. It can be toggled on the fly with a checkbox in Video Options. Turning SSAO off will slightly decrease the graphical quality of the game while improving performance.
* Texture quality slider added to video options. The settings are Original (no change), High (reduced 2x), Medium (reduced 4x) and Low (reduced 8x). Lowering texture size will cause significant performance gain on lower-end machines at the expense of the graphic quality. Please not that the feature is smart enough not to downscale aircraft textures, so the most crucial components of the game will remain unaffected.
* Made sure that grass no longer grows through runways or roads.
* Re-enabled anti-aliasing on DirectX 9.

AIRCRAFT

* Completely removed overload assessment from carburetters. Rolls-Royce engines will now cut if overload is negative, and will not cut if it is positive. (old values were sneezing at .5G, and cut-out at .25 which we felt were dead on, but this apparently confused most of the players)
* When starting in mid-air, all gyro instruments will be spinned up so you don't have to wait for AH to get in shape, as well as course setters and DI set to actual heading for you.
* Reworked damage module to work dramatically faster when a plane is under heavy bullet bombardment.
* Elevator trim is now set close to neutral when starting in air.
* Returned the water splash when a plane plummets into the water.
* The Spitfire DM will no longer occasionally ignore detached rear fuselage.
* Changed WEP control feedback on Bf. 109. Rather than showing an 'On-Off' message, it now will show if it actually is switched on, and when it actually switches off.
* Fixed minor Bf. 109 damage visuals.
* Ju. 88 gear struts now break off gear well covers when they detach from the plane.
* Fixed missing power cords in Bf. 109 and Hurricane cockpits.
* Fixed visual issue with bullet holes in cockpit glass.
* Fixed issue with FW. 200 radiator flaps floating on detached engines.
* Fixed missing geometry on Spitfire's damaged right wing under the landing flap.
* Reworked movement of the Hurricane boost cut-out pull knob.
* Fixed minor Bf. 110 damage visuals.
* Propellers on detached motors will now appear stalled.
* An invisible mental force won't raise your landing flaps on the strip after you start the engine any more.
* Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected.
* Jammed and stuck motors won't budge when flying at high speed.
* Adjusted behavior of broken engines.
* Doubled quantity of air in Bf. 109 undercarriage emergency discharge containers. This makes it more likely that your emergency gear will have enough momentum to push the struts down till they lock.
* Landing flaps on Bf. 110 can now be ripped off only as whole, not in halves.
* Bf. 110 hydraulics pump is now driven by its right motor as it should.
* Fixed a bug with carburetor backfire always causing intake damage.
* New assessment causes less initial destruction to surrounding area when fuel storage explodes.
* New spectacular fuel storage explosions (blow up those large round cistern buildings around the map)
* Flames and heat from aerial fires will now make a plane catch fire, rather than break its parts.
* Fuel storage fires, on the contrary, will be more destructive.
* Implemented new getParameter() to AiAircraft interface to allow more access to aircraft state in mission scripts.

MISC

* Added four new benchmark tracks. The Black Death is the new version of the most famous track from Il-2. It will tax your system to the absolute limit.