Bombing ala Foxbat Required Mods

Started by _AH_Duff4r, January 04, 2009, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

Hiyas!

When asked how to get the (TAS) True Air Speed to show I made an error.  I will correct that here and show you what mods to install and how to do it.  Apologies to Foxbat!

You MUST have these two Mods installed (Click to Download):

1.  HUDConfig_v1

2.  BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_Beta3_0.rar

Install the HUDConfig_v1:

1.  Extract the HUDConfig_v1 folder in the rar file to the MODS folder in your IL-2 1946 game folder.

2.  Open your conf.ini in your IL-2 main folder, copy and paste the following at the bottom of your conf.ini

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=2
SpeedbarSpdKMH=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=1
SpeedbarAltFeet=5
HUDGauges=2
BombBayDoors=1
SpeedbarTAS=1

3. You're done!  Read the "Readme" for the HUDConfig_v1 as there is more you can do.  Example; you can make the HUD read in Feet and MPH by default instead of Meters and KMH.  You can change the increments for height and speed.

Install the BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_Beta3_0

By default the only thing the BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_Beta3_0 mod does is give you manual control over the bomb bay doors (this can be easily disabled).

Manually open/close bomb bay doors
----------------------------------

With this option, whatever key you assign to 'Power 10' in your controls becomes a toggle to open/close the bomb bay doors on aircraft that have bomb bay doors. When this option is set, you can only release your bombs after opening the bay doors. It has no effect on aircraft that do not have bomb bay doors.This is the only option in the mod that is turned on by default. To disable it, in the [Mods] section of your conf.ini add the line:  BombBayDoors=0

Display TAS (True Air Speed) in the speedbar
----------------------------------------------

This function also requires the HUDConfig mod.

With this option, when you cycle through your speedbar you will have three additional settings: kmh TAS, knots TAS, and mph TAS.

In the [Mods] section of your conf.ini add the line:  SpeedbarTAS=1 <===I Already did this for you above!!

Overview

Download and install the 2 mods above, then copy and paste the above, highlighted in Blue into your IL-2 conf.ini

Enjoy and start dumping on those targets!!

S~
Duff

Foxbat

Thanks for posting this Duff. Not sure what all of the stuff in the conf.ini is that you have listed there.
All I have in mine is:

[Mods]
BombBayDoors=1
SpeedbarTAS=1

They are case sensitive.

With these, my speedbar reads 6 speeds with and without TAS. And, my bay doors work manually on all of the planes.
I think the other stuff there allows you change the increments of the readings but I didn't need those.
This is a must have for accurate level bombing and it really works great with the bombsight.
Definately worth the trouble to put it in your game.

_AH_Duff4r

Ahhh!!  Didn't want to confuse anyone in this thread. One thing at a time

The other entries allow you to set up all the other units in the HUD.  Example when I launch my HUD is in mph/feet instead of kmh/meters.  I can set the altitude by one foot at a time or something in between.

I thought I might save that for later...

If you want the full scoop read the readmes in the HUDConfig_v1 and in the BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_Beta3_0

Duff

_AH_Zipzag

Does the 1.1 come with these mods ?

_AH_Gonzo

Duff, I have the BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_0 mod. Does BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_Beta3_0.rar overwrite this or should I just remove it before I install the Beta3?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

S~ .. i think Duff4r posted this back in january.  i don't know if it's newer than the one we've got or not.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix