Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Archie

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Archie

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on October 06, 2013, 12:01:06 AM
Why does this picture scare me?

Because its a little AH-CPS pic from 1975

starting from left to right

GhostBear-Lippy showing his true colors-Jack (age 24)-BBQ (he likes puppies)-Little Miss DW.  I dont know who the hairy guy on the end is, but I am thinking a young Hogan

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Jack

The guy on the end is Skat.  His parents couldn't afford a costume for him.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

It does look like the prototype XF4F had a pair of fuselage guns, you can see the slots for the gun barrels in the pictures on this page : http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/ac-usn22/f-types/xf4f3.htm

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~

Nope.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Apparently the XF4F-2 and the prototype XF4F-3 did have two 0.30 guns in the fuselage and two 0.50 in the wings. The 0.30 guns were deleted in production F4F-3s in favor of the four 0.50s in the wings.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Curtiss Helldivers from the Fast Carrier Task Force 58 are seen midair on a mission over Saipan, in the Mariana Islands.

_AH_DarkWolf

There's a kite I wish we had in IL-2.

DW

_AH_Autorotate

P-40 Warhawks are assembled at Buffalo, New York in 1939.

Lieutenant Tom Killefer of VF-17 after a forced landing, Nissan Island, 1944.

_AH_Col._Hogan

What a great color shot, looks like it could be mordern day.

S!

_AH_Lippy

As usual I think i am confused I thought the SBD was known as the Hell Diver. Please correct me if I am wrong which I think so i might delete this post in favor of have two solid days without disbaringing remarks from Lippy
DW.

_AH_DarkWolf

Nay they are two different birds, Lippy. The SBD was known as the Dauntless. It was a pre-war design.

The SB2C Helldiver (Not to be confused with the SBC Helldiver which was a pre-war biplane) was the replacement for the Dauntless. It suffered from a long list of teething problems which delayed it's use until late 43, early 44. Alot of them were armed with 2 20mm cannon and they could carry like 2000lbs of bombs in their bomb bay.

DW

_AH_Nimble

thanks DW... nice illustrations too......my compliments

_AH_Lippy

TY Sir looks like a stronger airframe and larger vertical stabilizer but it is still SB maybe why i am confused.