_AH_Racing League

Started by _AH_BBQhead, June 26, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

I will review DW's issues but I am certain that it will stand as charged. But with good conscience Fraggman we told you during the race you where to high. WHEN anyone goes out of bounds you must go around regardless of distance ahead. You went out of bounds almost every lap so I ruled against you. I apologize for the ruling but you went extremely high several times Fraggman I could not ignore it, and getting first place is a remarkable accomplishment without the out of bounds you flew a heck of a race on a very tough track. But I must be fair to ALL competitors concerning the rules. Try being in my shoes for one race. Keeping in mind that with out rules we just fly around the track doing what ever we please.
I posted the rules and the scoring points prior to starting this season of racing.

_AH_fraggmann

You are right Lippy and DW. The rules are the rules and Im sorry for being such a hot head. :thinking-008:
After a few hours to think it over I removed my post :surprised-027: realizing how childish I sound.
I love racing more than air combat and don't want to give it up. I will accept the judges ruling as is. :drinking-43:
Thanks fellas for understanding my frustration and not black balling me for my actions :idiot-0011:
TD.. I may have missed my NAPE but I didn't miss any spelling classes :lol
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Lippy

Yoo DUDE I know the feeling so very well, and I would never hold anything against you Fragg. I understand I have complained or asked for several reviews thinking it was BS. No worries mate, you flew a heck of a race. Tuck in your shirt tighten your belt and win the next race Bro.
I have reviewed the tracks and FraggMan's violations stand due to greater than three towers multiple times, DW's infraction is hear by over turned and the scoring page has been corrected. He barely cleared the top of one tower, although DW stated he was giving no mercy on DQ's during the first HEAT. I on the other hand am willing to show some mercy.
As for the three tower rule it is not in the rules the number of tower's it should be a judgement call, and I clearly was too hardh, but here is the rule.

11> Going out of bounds means at any one point in the race your aircraft breaches the height on the objects to eather side (draw a straight line across from one side the opposite side) if the downward wing tip
exceeds this point EXCEPT when discussed before the race or more than half of the aircraft goes outside the sideways boundary you must exit and reenter at the point or close to it as humanly possible to avoid
gaining any advantage, if you do not exit and reenter it is grounds for a disqualification of that heat.

_AH_DarkWolf

Ok, if there is no rule of thumb regarding number of towers for going too high, clearing one tower or 3+ is the same. I should get a DQ the same as Fragg.

The rules should be as black and white as possible and apply to all, this makes it easier for judging too. I don't think it's a matter of mercy or no, if there is a rule and a line in the sand and everyone knows it's there if someone crosses and gets penalized that's just the way it is. As a competitor I'm cool with that. No one should ever be upset if they cross such a line nor should a judge feel bad for enforcing the rule. There may be instances where things are judgement calls (like when things are too close to call) but those should be kept to a minumum.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   How's this for spelling FRAGG-Y
   Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_fraggmann

Your batting 1000 TD... its fragg-Y
as in fraggmann no caps
your turn
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_z5o

Well, I find the sound of it,,, really, quite atrosicous.

Um-diddle-diddle,,, um-diddleye.

:happy-112:
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

Its three points no worries it is over turned

_AH_z5o

Did I mess the post for this weeks track? Cant seem to find it and would like to run a few laps.

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

_AH_Lippy

Hey DW can you do me a favor and post a photo of my Hurry in the Mariners skin. i have a coworker that would like to see it. Tanks Bro  (wavey)

_AH_DarkWolf

Uhh, ok, uno secondo....there ya go.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Thanks DW she loved it, I would have done it tonight but I thought since your a Bro you wouldnt mind.  :lol

_AH_Jack