Scorched Earth Online Wars (S.E.O.W.)

Started by _AH_Moggy, November 28, 2007, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~,.. now that we've got one mission in the can.. what's the next step?  do we need to have a commander for each side that can plan the next mission for his side?  will we need any additional software to be a commander? 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Rumely

I feel at this time there is a lot of activity going on in the squad for scheduled events. We may want to address this further at the next general meeting. Moggy is working on the New Guine template at this time and I'm working on the Iwo Jima template. There has been some talk as to implement this into March Madness.

As for the question of additional software there is no additional software needed. There may an issue with a slow scrip error when loading the map but there is a easy fix for this.

Update have found this great little manual for SEOW system have a look www.aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=get103

_AH_Rumely

There has been some interest generating about this project in the past week or two, so I decided to dust of the old S.E.O.W server and boot her up.

Here is the addy for the server have a look and pock around in there if you feel inclined to do so. Don't worry about breaking it these passwords and login's are view only.

http://rumely.dynip.com/MP4

New Guinea campaign

Login;               Password;

AlliedRanks       ohm

AxisRanks          river

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Too cool, Rumely.. thanks. I couldn't get into the iwo jima map, but the bew guinea map was worked great... reminds me  of the ATC app we've been using.. i clicked on new guinea.. used the allied pw.. and woo hoo.. i clicked on the letter C...and i was zutozoomed into district C...saw some blue and white markers.. moused over em..whadayaknow? pop ups explaining what was there... couple allied airports,and the planes and armament is listed... boat landing area... for supplies i gotta figure..also has armament details listed in its' pop up.. 
  on the left, you can click on scheduled mission..and it will tell you that too..   
  i went to a couple other districts.. found some enemy stuff at the north east end of the island... wouldn't tell me what they were gonna be doing.. but told me some of the stuff that was there..

as much as we like recon info for missions..  and doing some planning.. carrying out objectives,etc.. this seems like it should suit us quite well...you know.. strateeeegereee.

I'd like to start doing some heavy load testing on it..20+ live pilots...to see if it really will work..procced down a sample campaign trail...see if we can get 6 or so missions  to work in succession and then we should have a good idea of what technical problems , if any, we're up against....

the obvious down side would include... if ya crash on take off, or lose joystick control or ketchup shoots out your nose obscuring your monitor.. gonna be a lot slower restart..if there is one.. and it's an hour long mission.. actually an hour's not bad at all.. unless ya crash on take off  or some such thing.. little longer getting both sides briefed.. again not that bad..  the worst part i think might be the initial few missions where there may not be as much action as we're used to..  and playing head to head it can be harder to even the sides..

but i think if we fly a half a dozen of them with out a server crash... so we can proceed with the campaign,  we'll find this to be  a really entertaining way to play...lots of strateeegery going on..     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Spardog

S~

Hmm, first page looks nice, but I could not get past security.  Do you have to wear a clown suit in order for the S.O.E.W. guard to let you in or donate a case of maple syrup?

_AH_Rumely

~S!

That is good BBQ that you were able to get into the site an have a good look around. As for iwo Jima there is a different set of passwords for that campaign.

As for the views you were looking at, have a look at the drop down menu in the center top of the map screen you will see the; Request a district map menu select the Whole New Guines Sector and you will see the whole map.

You will now have a new menu open up to you at the center left of the screen. Click on the 1 Scheduled Mission, check the box and you will see your commanders waypoints for the up coming mission.

As for the loading on the server this will not be an issue as this program only builds the missions and tally's the score gathered from the hosts machine (SkaTT) after the mission is completed. The Host of the mission will upload the file FTP or just email it to myself.

At this point I would up load the eventlog file from the FB game folder to the Guine_eventlog folder on the SEDCS3.1 server. Analyse the eventlog and the scoreboard and map will be updated.

As for a test date, we should have two teams made up with two mission commanders, I would like to nominate Twenty and Moggy, as for my self I would be the Administrator for the server and the campaign, for the Admin will see both side of the map.

_AH_Rumely

Try is know Spar as I was in the server at this end, to see it within my network i have to change the IP to an internal as this will shut down all inbound traffic. >>>>>>>>>> Yes Maple Syrup will work to >>>>>>>>

_AH_BBQhead

S~  just to be certain this isn't the problem.... username: AlliedRanks       pw : ohm 

_AH_Rumely

Yes looks good to me the logins are case sensitive also

http://rumely.dynip.com/MP4

Login;               Password;

AxisRanks           river

AlliedRanks         ohm

_AH_Moggy

S! Rum:

I could access the NG maps fine; but couldn't get into the Iwo Jima one.

Moggy

_AH_Rumely

RGR That; The Iwo Jima has different passwords I was just testing that one out not much in there

_AH_Spardog

Rumely, thanks for the information and all the hard work you are putting into this project. I am looking forward to viewing the maps.

Spar

_AH_Rumely

This is a good read for the SEOW system, if you have some free time and would like to have a better understanding of this system here is the place to go.

http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title=Main_Page

_AH_Rumely

News Flash

There is an up and coming mission in the pipe, Stalingrad is coming to a close. We sent them packing boy's ! .............Great work Crash.  :drinking-43:

Okay back to the main reason for the post, proposing a test mission for May 11 same time that Stalingrad has been run. I know you pilots will be looking for new targets. :help-sos-sos-29402:

This mission will be flown all as US pilots for this one time, as this will be a mission test for the pilots mostly. Will setup SEOW and post the new passwords with the mission briefs in place with the way points on the server. More info to follow very soon.

_AH_BBQhead