Mods Night Mon 8-10-09

Started by _AH_Moggy, July 31, 2009, 10:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:
I'd like to run a test mod mission on Mon Aug 10th, on the BoB map.  It'll require installing two new aircraft:  the Hurricane IIa & the Bf-109E 3.

You'll have to have the AC_Installer version 3.8 installed for these planes to work.  Here's a direct link to it:

http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4008

The link for the Hurricane mod:

http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and the link for the 109 E-3 mod:

http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13935&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Note:  For those using the direct links above, if you haven't installed the AC_Installer 3.8, do so either immediately prior to or after installing the aircraft.

If you want a one-stop download, here's a link that has all 3 (Note:  It's a big file so it may take a while for the entire download:

http://www.4shared.com/file/122049664/cb165460/Bob_Mod_Mission_Files.html

_AH_Boosher

Up and running Moggy. See you tonight.

_AH_MOAB

Not trying to sound like a pain but I am not very good with these type of installs and the British plane seems to a bit to complicated for me.  I got no idea what any of this ini stuff is.  I don't want to mess up my game.

Maybe I can catch a coop after this one.

_AH_taldrg

I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

Any paticular time for this little shindig?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Supposed to start at about 9 pm EDT...

I rarely participate in these tests.. but i kinda feel obligated to  share in the task of testing at least once in a while ...so i've got them installed...  i just don't understand why we would be testing a work in progress beta... but i guess that's just me..

and it's completely understood if you don't want to be a tester...cuz it can be rather frustrating and it is time consuming... it's completely voluntary....glad we have the guys that enjoy working through the muck to find the gems, but if you're not comfortable installing and editing files, testing is probably something you would find irritating at best. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

I tried to install the new mods and my game kept crashing during load.  Don't know what I did wrong; thought I was meticulous in the copying and pasteing, but it wouldn't work for me.  Undid it all.  Good luck, fellers.

DealnDave

S~

Moggy, excellent test last night.  The Bf-109E-3 and the new Hurricane looks like they have great promise.  Just a quick note, I know you mentioned that you're going to test the 109 using the Spitfire next, can you also verify that skins can be "individually" installed on the 109's in the FMB.  There was an issue with the 109E-1 if you may recall. 

The issue was, when in the FMB and installing individual skins on the 109E-1, then attempting to run "play" for testing, the FMB would lock up and you would have to basiclly shut down your pc...as even the ability to reboot was also locked out.

Just want to make sure that this new 109 version is good to go.  Thanks  :)

_AH_Boosher

I'll do a test of my own when I get home from work, Dave, but I don't think there should be a problem with it. The Bf-109E-1 was made by Ranwers, and his stuff uses questionable methods. The Bf-109E-3 was done by someone different, Muas. I'll check and make sure when I get home though. Muas has actually released several 109's, including Jabo and Desert versions for the E's. I'll post links in the compilation thread, though I cannot be sure as to their stability. I never quite got around to installing them.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_DealnDave on August 11, 2009, 04:11:29 PM
...Just a quick note, I know you mentioned that you're going to test the 109 using the Spitfire next, can you also verify that skins can be "individually" installed on the 109's in the FMB.  There was an issue with the 109E-1 if you may recall. 

The issue was, when in the FMB and installing individual skins on the 109E-1, then attempting to run "play" for testing, the FMB would lock up and you would have to basiclly shut down your pc...as even the ability to reboot was also locked out.

S! Dave:

I'll check this out and get back to you.

Moggy

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_DealnDave on August 11, 2009, 04:11:29 PM
...The issue was, when in the FMB and installing individual skins on the 109E-1, then attempting to run "play" for testing, the FMB would lock up and you would have to basiclly shut down your pc...as even the ability to reboot was also locked out.

S! Dave:

I tested this out in FMB with different add-on skins and saw no such problems.

Moggy