Tired of those Germans screaming at you in game? Can't understand Russian?

Started by _AH_Moby, March 05, 2009, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moby

~S~ Gents!!!

Here's a simple fix for those who don't want to turn off the chatter, but want to understand what the hell those European/Axis dudes are saying when we fly in the German/Russian/Japanese etc.

Go into your game folder through windows explorer and find the samples folder.  The samples folder has 4 folders in it titled "Music", "splashes", "Sounds", and the last one is called "Speech". 

Double click on the Speech folder and it will open and you will see 13 folders with the two letter abbreviations for the 13 countries currently represented in game (US for the States, DE for Germany, RU for Russia, JA for Japan etc...)

When you open up the US folder you will see 9 folders all labelled "Actor 1", Actor 2", "Actor 3" etc.....  up to "Actor 9".   These folders contain sound files files that can be replaced in any of the other countries folders so you can understand what the pilots are saying when we fly German or Japanese or whatever. 

You simply swap out the Actors 1 through 9 folders from the country folder you want to change, with either the US (USA), Australian (AU) or British (GB) Actors 1 through 9 folders (which obviously speak English).   It's that simple.  It's all about preference.

As always, make a back up copy of the files you swap out so you can put them back in if you encounter a problem!!!  

I have been using the US and British and Australian voices for the countries I can't understand and I have had absolutely no sound or game problems at all, and it has made my game much more enjoyable. 

Don't worry about the size of the folders or if they appear a little bit different in the amount of sound files that they hold, they won't hurt a thing in game.  I was informed about this sound file swap a few months before Christmas and have been trying it out since then and have had no probs at all.   If anyone has any questions I am here for ya', or maybe see you on comms!

Cheers!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Gonzo

S! Moby, good idea!

I do prefer the German voices though... They're soo romantic!  (6)

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Duff4r