Aleutian Islands Mini Campaign

Started by DealnDave, March 28, 2009, 05:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DealnDave

S~ All,

I've been working on a mini campaign for the Aleutian Islands.  I plan on running the campaign's 1st mission Sunday night, March 29th, 9:00pm EST.  Also look in the "Veiw Downloads" section for historical skins to be used during the missions.

"Battle for the Aleutian Islands"

The battle is known as the "Forgotten Battle," due to being overshadowed by the simultaneous Guadalcanal campaign.  The campaign was a struggle over the Aleutian Islands, part of Alaska, in the Pacific campaign of World War II.   A small Japanese force occupied the islands of Attu and Kiska, but the remoteness of the islands and the difficulties of weather and terrain meant that it took nearly a year for a large U.S. force to eject them.  The island's strategic value is their ability to control Pacific Great Circle routes.  The Japanese reasoned that control of the Aleutians would prevent a possible U.S. attack across the Northern Pacific. Similarly, the U.S. feared that the islands would be used as bases from which to launch aerial assaults against the West Coast.

Hope to see many of you there,  I have seats 20 Pilots one the 1st mission.

_AH_Twisted

Wasn't "Scorched Earth" running on Sundays?

DealnDave

S~

Twist, I didn't see anything on the calender.

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Scorched Earth was a test run.. it's not reguarlly scheduled yet.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

Ah thank you BB for clearing me up on that :)

~S~

DealnDave

S~ All,

The 2nd installment of the "Battle for the Aleutian Islands" will be tomorrow night, Sunday, April 5th at 8:00pm CST (9:00pm EST).  There are seats for 20+ pilots.  Hope to see you guys there   :drinking-42:

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Sunday night is Squad Meeting at 8:oopm CST or do I have that wrong also?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

It's meant to be more of a challenge for BBQ this way.

"Ok we have the next mission of the slot campaign comming up....HOLY CRAP CHECK SIX! Ok, we've got a couple awards this week....AWWW CRAP I LOST MY WING!"

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~. I believe the meetings are at 7 pm CDT.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ WOW!!  What a great 2nd mission that was. Almost as good as Boosher's. Thanks DND.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

DealnDave

S~ All,

I appoligize for missing in action last night.  I had to deal with some personal issues that arose.  Obviously I have to reschedule the mission.  What I would like to do is run the second mission as a "piggy back" on Wendsday, April 8th, following the BoB mission.  The Bob missions are adveraging about 35-45 minutes, the second part of the "Battle for the Aleutian Islands" will run about the same length.  Both campaigns will have seats for 20+ pilots.

I plan on running the BoB mission at 8:00pm CST (9:00pm EST), then going right in the Aleutian mission.  I hope to see many of you there.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Just a "Bump" to let everyone know about the BoB and Aleutian missions are a go for this evening.  Have seats for 20+ in both missions.  Hope to see many of you there.  S~

Propwash

DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_DealnDave on April 06, 2009, 07:52:07 PM

I plan on running the BoB mission at 8:00pm CST (9:00pm EST), then going right in the Aleutian mission.  I hope to see many of you there.

_AH_Twisted

Both were awesome missions Dave! I really enjoyed them both!

~S~

_AH_Moggy

Concur!  But, at this point, I think it's time we initiated the annual "are we having too much fun?" committee here at AH.   

_AH_Twisted

Gee I don't know Moggy.
Between your slot campaign and Dave's Wednesdays missions I'm having a blast. I'd let sleeping doggies lie myself  (glasses)

DealnDave

S~ All,

Just wanted to pass along my thanks to all those that participated in the BoB and Aleutian missions last night.  Of the 20 avaliable pilots seats, 19 seats were filled in both missions !!!  I'm glad that many of you enjoyed the missions.  Look for the next BoB installment and Aleutian mission to fly on Wensday April 15th.  Normally I would host the Aleutian mission on this coming Sunday, but I am out of town visiting my brother in Jacksonville, FL for the Easter Holiday.

DealnDave

S~ All,

Just wanted to say thank you to all those that participated in the final Aleutian mission last night.  Of the 20+ avaliable pilots seats, 17 seats were filled.  I'm glad that many of you enjoyed the mini campaign.  I'm in the process of looking for another project mini campaign...4-5 missions.  Again something a bit different and located in an abscract area of the war.  If anyone has an idea, let me know.  Again, I hope all had fun...I enjoyed building the missions as well as hosting last night.

_AH_Moggy

S! Dave:

How about a 5-mission Kursk mini-campaign?  July '43;  we could fly it from either the Soviet or German side.  Tank-busting, ground strikes, air-to-air action, big tank battles to watch, etc.

_AH_Twisted

Ooo ground and pound. I need work on that part! I'd love to fly something like that to improve my lacking skills.
~S~