New Maps

Started by _AH_Col._Hogan, April 26, 2009, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twisted

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on April 26, 2009, 06:40:23 PM
I can see the Phillipines and Sakishima islands maps being usefull, though I've not installed the Phillipines one. The Sakishima one is quite nice, but the guy who made it is working on a version that includes a good chunk of Formosa which could spawn even more missions, so we should probobly just wait for that.

DW

Moggy ran a coop last night using the phillipines map. TD had problems when he hit fly it would boot him back to hyperlobby, and I couldn't get mine to load.

As far as me Moggy, Jack and I tried a number of things including having Jack send me all the files for the Philly map and over write mine. Still no joy. I couldn't even get the Philly or Sakishima maps to load in the full mission builder. We've come to a tentative conclusion that since I'm currently only using 1 gig of ram I'm just short is all. Waiting on more to arrive soon but in the mean time I'll be unable to fly at least these two maps which is a bummer.
~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Talk about being messed up. I wanted to fly the mission but before I could I had to go into my MOD(uglyest word in english)folder and delete a (-) from this and put it over there and then afterwords change it all back again putting the (-) back where it was and take it off the other one. Well everthing worked fine untill I hit (fly) and it popped back to desk top. Tried it 3 time with no luck so once again with the Mod(ugh) thing I went to bed early. Isn't there some way to just(anymore)fly a mission without all this 'put it there...change this...rewrite this...go into ini..you don't have this...go find it some place. I am completely lost in this game anymore. I love all you guys 'cause being alone now you are my only link to reallity but, I don't know.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Moggy

S! TD:

I don't know why you kept getting dumped back to HL last night, but that has happened to me on occasion too.  Regarding the steps necessary for switching the two carrier catapult mods, that has been explained in detail in the recent past.  All it entails is the ability to be able to rename a folder.  It is not difficult, and takes approximately ten seconds of time to do.

Like it or not, playing this game does, and will, require at least a minimal level of technical expertise.  Renaming folders would not likely pose a problem for even the newest of computer users.  Unless, of course, they were unwilling to even try to learn...

There is no shortage of folks here eager to help you through these steps, like last night.  All it requires, it seems, is an open mind.   

_AH_DarkWolf

Well the sakishima map is not a required download or anything, we don't use it. But you had the same trouble with THAT map? I don't know how that map could have issues related to memory, it's not that large or overly detailed or anything.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  Yep. The 2 carrier catapult mods  will be switched from time to time.. But it's currently a rarity.. I think that's the first i've heard of it being used since the initial testing and installation.. which was at least a month ago.  so renaming a mod by placing a - in front of it from time to time shouldn't be a problem. 

The being thrown back to hyperlobby happened to me the other night.. and Boosher said it happened to him recently as well. That's going to happen once in a while. Just part of online gaming that a game glitches happen.   

I don't know about this map business, though.. was this an optional map being flown during prime time?  I thought we decided to only run mods that all have to have to participate but aren't required to have, such as maps, when everyone present had them, or not during prime time, thereby alleviating the problem of showing up and having to install something to fly.  or be left out. ( or on monday nights with sufficient notice given, again alleviating the showing up and having to download and install something in order to fly or be left out)

The reason being it's a pain in the neck to show up and have to install something in order to fly.. make it a pain in the neck to fly, and some people will just opt out altogether.. not something i like to see happening.      

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Zipzag

~S~ BB

It's the map that came with 1.1 so it's an operational map I think , I never went out of my way to install this map , I just seem to have it .

~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Thanks for the info, Zip.  I took a look in my mapmods folder and didn't see a map with that name..so i wasn't sure.  

Phillipines map is one of the maps that the 1.1.1 patch is supposed to update.  If you haven't installed the 1.1.1. patch, that might be the fix.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Twisted

BBQ I tried the 1.1.1 patch also and still had the same problem in both trying to load it as a coop or in the mission builder.
It wasn't really flown during prime time unless you count around 10pm central prime time. Either way that part wasn't a bother for me, it was I found a glitch in my game or pc.

Now I do have another gig of ram on order hopefully will have it mid week next week.

I did try other maps that came with 1.1 and had no problems loading them in the full mission builder, such as the slot and Zuti_Slovenia maps. They did take a bit of time to load though.

I'll determine more once the ram is installed and running and see if I still have the issue. If I do I'll wipe the game, download 1.1  and reinstall it all. Maybe I've got a bad couple of files from my original downloads dunno as of yet but I'll get there.

~S~

_AH_Twisted

~S~ Everyone

I just got my extra gig of ram, installed it, ran the game and did some qual practice. So far it seems stable and VERY happy! I've now got 2 gigs installed. I've got a website to finish off hopefully this week and get the rest of the money for it. I should have enough to add another gig as I've got 6 ram slots total and right now 2 empty.

Ok I went into the full mission builder and attempted to load the Philippines map. It loaded! So it seems the problems I was having with it was in fact I was out of memory.

I've also noticed I'm able to exit the game MUCH faster as in 3-4x faster.

Hopefully this will solve some of the issues I've had also on line in frame rate loss even if it only a few as let me tell ya flying in combat a lot of the times at 8-18 fps avg sucks lol.

_AH_Moggy

Great news, Twisted!  Now I can get back to building some more carrier missions hitting the Philippines...

_AH_Boosher

New Hawaii map almost complete. Screens here.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow, thats purdy Boosh...

S!