Need help from a comp Tech

Started by _AH_Twisted, May 16, 2009, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twisted

I'm normally pretty good at doing research to find out information on hardware and even software. However I'm at a loss on the ram in my pc. Keeping in mind I built this when I lived in New Zealand and manufacturer types available are generally different on many items.
Since I'm realistically unable to purchase Legend here I was looking at Kingston.

My Motherboard is an GA-8IK100 (rev 2).

Now to the problem. I currently have Legend PC400 DDR 2 ram (2x 512) modules installed. I'm able to get numbers off the ram while they are installed on the motherboard as there is plenty of visual room.

Legend DDR 400 512MB
L6464D37 - DE6IDC9B
03120237 (smaller number on the sticker)

What I'm after is the following. The reason is I'm looking to add some as I'm currently only running 1gig and it is a VERY cheap performance upgrade for this PC.

Latency
voltage
Timing (if necessary and available)

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
~S~

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. not sure i understand the question.. but here is the specs on the memory you have..

https://www.legendmemory.com/files/downloads/Memory_Modules/datasheets/DDR_SDRAM/L6464D37.pdf

when looking at Kingston ram.. keep in mind that the  KVR designation in the kingston part number indicates "Value Ram"... those ram chips underwent the same manufacturing process but did not pass the higher quality kingston testing mark and so are marketed as  kingston's generic standard.  .. i've never really had a problem with the KVR ram.. but thought it was worth a mention.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Prop

_AH_Twisted

Thanks BBQ I didn't find that info sheet. I guess I should pop a ram module out and see if there is any other stickers on it.

The reasoning was I wanted to "add" not replace. So having the same voltage, CAS Latency, and Module Timing  3-3-3 would eliminate any possible normal conflicts I hope. At this time I really can't even afford to buy 2 sets so hopefully 2 gigs will make a marketable difference.

I hope that clears things up a smidge.

Prop Yes that is my current motherboard and I know it can support 4 gigs ty :)

_AH_Duff4r

Hmmm............Never spend another mans money but you need to check here: Newegg RAM

For 27 to 41 bucks you can get 4 Gig after rebate.  Patriot and OCZ are no slouches.

Check it!
D

_AH_Twisted

I have Duffer ty.

I'm stuck using standard old DDR 184pin ram for my motherboard. It doesn't support anything bigger than 1gig sticks and up to 4 gig of ram total.
~S~