F9F Panther - Movie Mini Campaign

Started by DealnDave, June 01, 2009, 06:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DealnDave

S~ All,

Decided on my next mini-campaign  :lol-029:  Gonna do a set of 4 missions based on the following movies depicting the F9F Panther Jet, "The Bridges at Toko-Ri - 2 missions" and "Men of The Fighting Lady - 2 missions".  These missions will run on Sunday evenings when we don't have a squadron meeting.  Missions will have 16 seats.  Launch time on those given Sundays will be 21:00 hours (9:00pm EST).

First mission I hope to run on June14th.  More to follow  :lol-029:

_AH_Twisted

_AH_Moggy

Great idea, Dave.  But:

I'd be willing to bet that not all AH members have installed the F9F.  And, as far as I know, it hasn't yet been designated an "official AH mod."  Though I've installed it myself, if we were to run a campaign with a plane that not all members have installed, that would leave some folks out.  Not a good policy.  Also not a good policy to run it for only those folks that have chosen to install it.   

I'd recommend that we first verify that all members have installed this plane (note to all that haven't:  It's a pretty easy install), and/or verify with the Squadron Staff whether to make the plane a required install.

And, what about the carrier takeoff mod?  Are we going to use it?  Recall that it doesn't work with the AI mod (though I haven't tested the newest 5.2 version to see if that's still the case).

_AH_BBQhead

S~..  Dave, thanks for your enthusiasm... but the panther jet thing is not something we all have or want.   

hard to justify a korean war era aircraft   in a WWII flight sim.   

any missions with required add ons that are not part of the official AH installation.. currently the 1.0 unified, plus 2 maps and 2 planes should be run only when everyone present has them.. not likely on any evening ..  a saturday morning time slot would be more appropriate. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Johnny

Dave just let me know when you want to run it... I will try to make it...I went and found that the mission was flown at Majon NI, went to google earth and found it, it cooresponds to a place on the Korea map...sounds like it might be fun...
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

DealnDave

Dang fellas it was just an idea.....felt like I got beat up over it.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I ain't DLn nothin' till the C.O. says so.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. Sorry, Dave.. not my intention at all..   just didn't want panic setting in among the guys that don't like installing all kinds of extras into the game..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Nimble

thanks Dave.... dont know what the uproar is about .... I prefer props myself but I also enjoy the korean era jets too and find that such missions as you proposed  might be a good change once in a while.  I remember seeing many of them flying as a small boy and these jets are what came out of the tech feast after ww2..........ask the young folks today about the korean war... they dont even know squat about it.....lost in history lessons I guess....viet nam too..... thank the lord for the history channel ehh???.......salute Dave