1.1.1 Patched UI

Started by _AH_Twisted, July 07, 2009, 11:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Twisted

I'm just wondering as a number of you have done this if there has been any problems or issues with this patch? Either installation or after the fact.

~S~

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I ain't touchin' no patch. Took me a month to get 1.1 workin'
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Twisted on July 07, 2009, 11:11:35 PM
I'm just wondering as a number of you have done this if there has been any problems or issues with this patch? Either installation or after the fact.

~S~

I've been running 1.1.1 for a couple of weeks now.  No problems noted.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Jack

I noticed a severe frame rate hit when running coops off line on certain maps...don't know what's causing it.  In some games, it takes at least a full minute of 1 to 2 fps before they speed up.  I reinstalled a fresh copy & installed 1.1.1 without the patch and so far, no problems with the identical missions.

_AH_BBQhead

S~. i haven't noticed any problems here.  Which maps, Jack?

o.. and just to try an keep any confusion down.. the new installation is 1.1.0.  It's not 1.1.1 til you put the patch in. So Jack you're actually running 1.1.0 now.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Gonzo

I'm running v1.11 and all's well.

One thing I have noticed in v1.11 is that some older objects have had their texture modified for use in the new maps. I'm not sure if this is from v1.10 or v1.11 but that might be an issue.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

S~..
  THe frame rate problem has been experienced by several of our hosts now.. It is recommended that you not install it if you haven't already done so.

See the NOTAM  1.1.1 Patch bug topic. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Twisted

crap I ran the patch the other night before Jack's post. I did wait a little while oh well. I guess there isn't much I can do now is there.

_AH_BBQhead

not every one is having a problem, and since you don't host, shouldn't be a problem for you.

_AH_Twisted

Ok thanks BBQ. I know I'm hardly on much right now, but I can I'll afford any frame rate hits lol.

_AH_Boosher

I have just now been experiencing CTD's related to the German markings on my Bf-109G-6 and Bf-109G-6 Late. I don't believe this is related to 1.1 or its subsequent patch, but am not the only one experiencing this. Somehow I think MAT manager is involved.

EDIT: Further testing proves that neither 1.1.1 nor 1.1 is the culprit.

EDIT 2: Culprit found. I hadn't installed the latest update of Forgotten Countries.

_AH_Rezak

~S~ to ALL
I installed AAA1.1.1 and just notified small problem. The descriptions of missions in  Campaign are in russian. Also, the names of campaigns-careers are in russian. The problem does not exist if I switch to 4.08 Standart.
_AH_Rezak
If Your enemies  will not fear You, they will laugh at You!

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

Well.. this will correct the language problem: http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1084

Whether or not it will break something else is any one's guess...

Since the "fix" only overwrites files in the Dgen folder, I highly recommend making a backup copy of the Dgen Folder  and storing it safely somewhere so you can dump the "Fixed"  Dgen folder if it turns out to be a problem..  

_AH_Rezak

~S~ to All
Thank You BBQ.
Rezak
If Your enemies  will not fear You, they will laugh at You!

_AH_BigChief

Update to Forgotten Countries???? Where can I get that at?

_AH_Boosher

Forgotten countries is not at all necessary for our purposes. I use it for my own offline fun. If you would like the modification, it can be reached here at AAA. The mod adds many more countries and squadrons to the list we already have, enabling many more scenarios that were not previously possible without serious "hacks."

Quote from: NATIONS INCLUDED:
Allies
ab Abyssinia
at Austria
be Belgium
bl Bulgaria (Allied)
bo Bolivia
br Brazil
ca Canada
ch Switzerland
cn China
cz Czechoslovakia
dd German Democratic Republic
dk Denmark
es Republican Spain
fl Finland Allied
gr Greece
id India
il Italy (ICAF) Allied
is Israel
kr Republic of Korea (South)
mg Managua
mx Mexico
nl Netherlands (LV Europe)
no Norway
pe Peru
ph Philippines
pt Portugal
re Russian Empire
rl Romania Allied
sa South Africa
th Thailand
ur Uruguay
yu Yugoslavia

Axis
ar Argentina
bg Bulgaria
cc China (PLA post 1945)
co Colombia
ee Estonia
eg Egypt
hr Croatia
hy Hungary (red sided)
ia Italy (ANR, 1943-45)
ik Iraq
ir Iran
kp North Korea
lt Lithuania
lv Latvia
mk Manchukuo
na USA (Alternative Blue)
pa Paraguay
pk Pakistan
pn Poland (blue sided)
rb Russian Liberation Army
sp Nationalist Spain
sw Sweden
sy Syria
tk Turkey
vb Great Britain (Alternative Blue)
vi Vichy France

_AH_BigChief

coool...thx

Now is there anything special to do to get it to install

_Deuce_

Well I finally have IL2 + UI 1.2 + AI & Carrier mod installed.

Jack didn't send me 1.1 so I hope this isnt a prob. I know how uniformed you guys like to be when flying diff versions.